Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-20-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default Potential trade with the Cardinals?

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/200...posal/#more-93

Please note that before reading the article, this looks to be just an idea by a writer. It is not an offer that is on the table right now. Just an idea. With that said, it's an interesting proposal for sure. Obviously it probably won't happen, because trades like that are just a rarity in today's NFL.

The trade: The Baltimore Ravens send TE Quinn Sypniewski, DB Ronnie Prude, and DE/OLB Jarret Johnson to the Arizona Cardinals for WR Bryant Johnson, CB Antrel Rolle, and DE/OLB Darryl Blackstock.

What we would be losing:

Quinn Sypniewski is one of my favorite backups on the team, I like him alot and he's a really solid player for us. I also really like Ronnie Prude. I would hate to see them go, but they're still backups, and both are expendable.

Jarret Johnson is another guy that I like, but Antwan Barnes looks like he's a future stud for us and I think he could start right away if needed.

Now we go to what we would be getting.

Antrel Rolle is a guy who many felt was the top corner in the 2005 draft. He's dissapointed a bit but the talent is obviously there, and playing in a great defense like ours may be just what he needs.

Bryant Johnson is a player who I really like. The Cards drafted him 17th overall to potentially be their future #1. He's played really well for them, unfortunately he's stuck behind two studs in Fitzgerald and Boldin. He's one of the better slot receivers in the game, and having him around would certainly make for, theoretically, a more explosive passing game. Plus a trio of Clayton, Williams, and Johnson could have us set for a number of years.

Darryl Blackstock is one of those guys who, on paper, looks like a perfect for for Rex's scheme. He's got that DE/OLB versatility that fits well, and the athleticism is there.

So the bottom line in this is that it's tough to part with guys like Syp, Prude, and JJ, but anytime you make a deal you are going to have to part with some guys you don't want to have to part with. What makes this trade so intriguing is the amount of talent we get in return. We'd be getting 3 guys that were drafted 8th, 17th, and 95th respectively. If they all come to Bmore and live up to their potential, which is certainly possible, then this could be great for us.

It's an interesting thought for sure. I really like the amount of talent we'd be getting and I'd be pretty happy with it.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think its a good trade for both teams... the cards players who would got to baltimore all have potential they are just stuck in a bad situation (be it depth chart or losing team)... and zona could really use barnes and clayton...
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care about losing Ronnie Prude or Jarrett Johnson, but Ive gone on record saying I think Quinn Sypniewski is a starting calibur TE and if Heap goes down and Syp stepped in he would steal Heaps job! <--you want bold predictions, it don't get no bolder!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
i think its a good trade for both teams... the cards players who would got to baltimore all have potential they are just stuck in a bad situation (be it depth chart or losing team)... and zona could really use barnes and clayton...
Barnes or Clayton? Neither are in the proposed deal and neither are going anywhere.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Rumor has it that Bryant Johnson wants to sign with the Ravens next year anyway because he is good friends with several of the Ravensí players. While the Cardinals hate to part with Johnson, he is a luxury as a #3 WR, and if he bolts as a UFA next year, the Cardinals would get nothing in return for him.
This was in the article and really caught my eye. Johnson is from Baltimore, so this could be the perfect situation for him. Derrick Mason will probably not be here for much longer. A WR trio of Clayton, Williams and Johnson would be pretty decent. The question is though, would he be content with being the 3rd WR just like he is in Arizona? Also would he be happy in this offense. He probably wouldn't get as many balls as he would want. It's something to look into after the season though.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far from my limited research this potential trade wouldn't work for the Ravens' because of cap concerns. I would assume that 2 former 1st round picks would be greater then the roughly 3 million or so we'd be shipping out plus with only around 4 or 5 million in room the 3 incoming players would have to fit in that. But I guess Ozzie would rework BJ's contract but still why would we bring in these guys midway through preseason and still expect them to be ready by Week 1?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the trade looks too one-sided to me in favour of baltimore

619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
the trade looks too one-sided to me in favour of baltimore
Well its not really because Sypniewski and Prude are young up and comers and Rolle and Johnson are former 1st rounders that haven't really lived up to expectations. While I am slightly in favor of it if all my concerns could be addressed, I still think we'd be giving up to much talent to the Cards.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be in favor of it although I highly doubt its possible. I think Rolle could really blossom here in Baltimore.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Well its not really because Sypniewski and Prude are young up and comers and Rolle and Johnson are former 1st rounders that haven't really lived up to expectations. While I am slightly in favor of it if all my concerns could be addressed, I still think we'd be giving up to much talent to the Cards.
Yeah but Rolle was drafted in 2005. Its 2007. Plus I believe he was injured his first year. You really as a team cant give up on a top 10 pick after 1 season of play. So because you guys have Rolle in this trade, I agree w/ the poster above that this is one-sided favoring the Ravens. Its like "Here, let me trade you some young guys for your top 10 pick at CB, who hasnt had a chance to prove himself, a good reciever (but i think that he is very tradeable), and Blackenstock." Its more Rolle in my eyes that throws off the trade because IMO he is still an unknown. He could bust, but I think its a bit to early in his career to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Yeah but Rolle was drafted in 2005. Its 2007. Plus I believe he was injured his first year. You really as a team cant give up on a top 10 pick after 1 season of play. So because you guys have Rolle in this trade, I agree w/ the poster above that this is one-sided favoring the Ravens. Its like "Here, let me trade you some young guys for your top 10 pick at CB, who hasnt had a chance to prove himself, a good reciever (but i think that he is very tradeable), and Blackenstock." Its more Rolle in my eyes that throws off the trade because IMO he is still an unknown. He could bust, but I think its a bit to early in his career to say that.
He's well on his way to losing his starting job so it may be safe to say that the Cards are inclined to move on without him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-21-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Always thought Rolle was a FS type personally.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great for the Ravens if it ever was true, Quinn is great but I am not on his jock like others, I thought Trent Edwards looked just as good as Quinn at times, not at blocking though. I love Dan Wilcox, and we should get back Darnell "DD" Denkins. I have always said Jarrett Johnson is trash, and Prude is decent but I like Martin more. Blackstock is an absolute gamer, not great speed but tackles great, Antrel would be the replacement for Samari and we need to even think about life without C-mac soon. Johnson has speed and produced similarly to Mark Clayton despite being behind Anquan and Fitz. For the Cardinals don't know why they would do this, Quinn gives them depth and a possible starter, but Ben Patrick has looked nice, JJ is trash, and Prude is no more than depth.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like this to happen, send 2 back ups and a starter who will probably get benched by next season for Barnes or someone else. Here is a age breakdown...

Blackstock-24
Johnson-26
Rolle-24

Rolle could do well playing with our U connection so that will help.

Johnson can give us a nice young beastly WR trio.

Blackstone provides us depth.

The main question for me is how is Mason going to act. This means Mason could slide all the way down to #4. Could we possibly send him to Arizona but he would complain about being #3 there.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 08-21-2007 at 11:12 AM. Reason: I thought Antrell was related to Samari woops
Ravens1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle needs to move to free safety soon if he doesn't want to be called a bust. I think Arizona will add another cornerback next spring and move Antrel.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Cardinals would really be getting a raw deal there. Also I dont know how much cap room the Ravens have but trading for two former 1st rounders has to be costly.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst player the Cardinals would be giving away is still better than the best player the Ravens would be giving away.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
The worst player the Cardinals would be giving away is still better than the best player the Ravens would be giving away.
I disagree, Jarrett Johnson is a starter on our defense and correct me if I am wrong but hes the only starter in the deal. Hes got decent versatility, hes a solid defensive end and hes picking up on the LB position. I think he will put up decent numbers this year and unlike the rest of the Ravens fans I do not think he is a bad player in the least bit. I think he would be the best player in the trade right now on both sides, Rolle may have better potential but he hasnt done anything to show hes better than Ronnie Prude IMO. In the end I think the Ravens would get the better side of the deal but people hate on JJ far too much. But again this trade is not going to happen, its more in theory than anything.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know, seems like ravens are getting a hell of a deal, 2 first rd draft picks...whether rolle is/will bust or not, im pretty sure with his talent level he will excell in baltimore, and bryant johnson is a huge commodity that alot of teams would love to have, those 2 themselves seem to outweigh what arizona would get in return...average backups, and so what they receive a TE, arizona has leonord pope and the TE from deleware whose name i cant recall right now...

so the best player that the cards would get, they already have 2 young talented players at that position...

it makes alot of sense for the ravens, none for the cards...they could trade rolle and johnson and come away with alot more talented players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This trade wont go down. Rolle is still AZ's number 1 corner even though Hood has shown that he could handle the job, so Rolle must be doing something right. Blackstock rarely plays and I wouldn't be suprised if they cut him to make a roster spot for Pago Togafau who has shown he can become a solid backup and good special teams player. Bryant Johnson is happy in AZ he still gets a good amount of touches, they only reason they would dump him is if they needed to clear cap space, maybe if BAL threw in a First Day Pick of some kind for this draft it would become a possible trade.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
This trade wont go down. Rolle is still AZ's number 1 corner even though Hood has shown that he could handle the job, so Rolle must be doing something right. Blackstock rarely plays and I wouldn't be suprised if they cut him to make a roster spot for Pago Togafau who has shown he can become a solid backup and good special teams player. Bryant Johnson is happy in AZ he still gets a good amount of touches, they only reason they would dump him is if they needed to clear cap space, maybe if BAL threw in a First Day Pick of some kind for this draft it would become a possible trade.
Rolle isn't even working with the first team defense anymore yet you proclaim him the #1 corner?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If we are including picks I do not want any part of this trade, we are already missing a 3 and I have faith that Ozzie could draft a player in the 2nd thats a hell of a lot better than Rolle, Johnson, or Blackstock.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Rolle isn't even working with the first team defense anymore yet you proclaim him the #1 corner?
He does work with the first team, maybe not all the time because they want to see how Eric Green has progressed. He has started and matched up against every team's #1 so far. Its his job to lose, and he hasnt lost it yet.

Last edited by CARDIAC CAT 7 : 08-21-2007 at 06:24 PM.
CARDIAC CAT 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson is prolly gonna come here after the season, he is a born and raised Baltimore athlete and a UFA at the end of the year so I dont take the deal, because Quinn is silly! I dont care if we trade JJ or Prude, and btw ghetto when did we have Trent Edwards and when was he a TE?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He does work with the first team, maybe not all the time because they want to see how Eric Green has progressed. He has started and matched up against every team's #1 so far. Its his job to lose, and he hasnt lost it yet.
Rolle is not AZ's #1 anymore, the starting corners are Green and Hood, it was a big announcment here on sports radio yesterday. Rolle got the demotion because he just can't cover in the bigs. Everyone in AZ has been suggesting he be moved to S for some time now because the guy can hit no doubt, but it would give him less obligation in coverage. So yes he has lost it. trades like this don't happen in the NFL anymore and really from a potential perspective the Ravens win, but Blackstock and Rolle have proved nothing and BJ will never be able to crack the starting lineup anywhere.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote