Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.
Default Tony Hunt

Obviously as stated before im not an Eagles fan, but I always find myself talking about them since im from Philly and everyone else around me are fans. Tony Hunt keeps coming up in coversations and everyone is saying how Hunt and Westbrook are going to be such a good tandem. Do you guys really see Hunt getting that many carries this year? I think everyone is overrating the guy. He is really slow.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i agree tony hunt is a bit overrated and he wont really get as many carries this season as ppl wud expect with correl buckhalter finally healthy and ryan moats still in the mix. plus tony hunt doesnt hav that wow factor u look for in a RB. in a few years he cud turn out to be sumtin like lamont jordan wen he was wit the jets..a very valuable backup/change of pace RB who cud possibly start for an NFL team someday
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Moats is out for the season

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-21-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

srry im not an eagles fan or dont live in philly.btw i heard the eagles released jeremiah trotter earlier today..kinda came across as a bit of a surprise
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
srry im not an eagles fan or dont live in philly.btw i heard the eagles released jeremiah trotter earlier today..kinda came across as a bit of a surprise
There is a Trotter thread below if you would like to discuss further.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Hunt will slowly come along and get worked in as the season goes on. For the time being, Westbrook is the guy, with Buckhalter getting 10-15 touches a game. Hunt might start out with 5 or so touches a game, plus mop-up duty. I figure next season, Hunt will be out there more as the complement to Westbrook.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-22-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt was very underrated as a draft prospect, and that worked in the Eagles favor. Hunt could work himself into the #2 RB role this season, but it is more likely that Buckhalter will keep it for at least the rest of the season. Honestly, I think Hunt could be an eventual starter in the NFL.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Obviously as stated before im not an Eagles fan, but I always find myself talking about them since im from Philly and everyone else around me are fans. Tony Hunt keeps coming up in coversations and everyone is saying how Hunt and Westbrook are going to be such a good tandem. Do you guys really see Hunt getting that many carries this year? I think everyone is overrating the guy. He is really slow.
He'll probably get 5-10 touches per game. He's not "really" slow. He's not fast, but he's not "really slow". He timed piss poor but he plays at a decent game speed. Speed isn't everything either. Hunt is a pretty good pass blocker and has good hands. I like the combo. Westbrook is quick, shifty, fast and Hunt is more of a straight ahead bruiser.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Well honestly I hate Penn State just as much as I hate the Eagles. So I would rather see Buckhalter on the field then him.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-22-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
He'll probably get 5-10 touches per game. He's not "really" slow. He's not fast, but he's not "really slow". He timed piss poor but he plays at a decent game speed. Speed isn't everything either. Hunt is a pretty good pass blocker and has good hands. I like the combo. Westbrook is quick, shifty, fast and Hunt is more of a straight ahead bruiser.
The attributes you listed in Hunt are why I think he will be a potential starter.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Well honestly I hate Penn State just as much as I hate the Eagles. So I would rather see Buckhalter on the field then him.
I can't stand PSU either, but I really wanted Hunt because he's a perfect compliment to Westbrook. And Buckhalter is never healthy.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am a casual PSU fan, and I like the skill set that he brings to the table. He is a solid blocker, receiver, and he can run between the tackles. I note that in TC commentary, people were saying how Hunt always fell forward when he was hit. That's good stuff, considering he'll be in there to "move the pile". I like his fit in our offense. If nothing else, the Eagles seem to do a solid job finding the right RB's for their system.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wsetbrook is the guy. And I hope Buckhalter doesn't get 10-15 touches a game. He won't catch the ball much and he doesn't play special team and I don't see him getting 10 carries a game. Westbrook will hopefully be worked alot and with Buckhalter and Hunt combined reaeiving Brian of 10 carries a game.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If the Eagles stick with more of a balanced offense, there is no way that Westbrook stays on the field that much. We're talking 60+ offensive snaps a game. That's way too many for any back. Westbrook will be deployed wisely as a runner and receiver. He will get 25+ touches every week. Buckhalter, Hunt, and Ilaoa will take the rest.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If the Eagles stick with more of a balanced offense, there is no way that Westbrook stays on the field that much. We're talking 60+ offensive snaps a game. That's way too many for any back. Westbrook will be deployed wisely as a runner and receiver. He will get 25+ touches every week. Buckhalter, Hunt, and Ilaoa will take the rest.
60 offensive snaps means 52 pass plays for the Eagles.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Depends if Reid and Mornenweig learned their lesson from last year's run to the playoffs.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Depends if Reid and Mornenweig learned their lesson from last year's run to the playoffs.
Well now that McNabbs back. Him and Reid are probably bonen each other in the a$$ so Reid will go back to the 50 pass plays a game. I think what they did last year with Garcia was great. I give them all the props in the world even though how much I dislike them. You just have to seperate Mcnabb and Reid. There time is over. Its come and its gone. They had their chances...Many of them too. You know what I think of all the time with them two. The Carolina NFC championship game. Reid calls run plays the whole entire drive they get to like like the Carolina 15. He calls one uno 1 pass play and what does McNabb do. McNabb do what McNabb do and he threw it right to Ricky Manning Junior. Sorta like he did to Rhonde Barber.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-22-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If the Eagles have the offensive balance of the end of last year with a healthy McNabb, they could be one of the top 5 offensive teams in the league. That counts for rushing and passing. The defense will also be better off because the offense will dominate time of possession. I'm not certain that this will happen, but a fellow can dream...

Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
If the Eagles have the offensive balance of the end of last year with a healthy McNabb, they could be one of the top 5 offensive teams in the league. That counts for rushing and passing. The defense will also be better off because the offense will dominate time of possession. I'm not certain that this will happen, but a fellow can dream...
Hey I agree like I said before im not a fan, but I will be honest and tell you that can happen. Hey man I dreamed for many years that the Colts would finally get by the Patriots in the playoffs, and Peyton would win the big game. It finally worked out for me this year. Picture being in the city going to a local dive bar with my group of 20 or so friends my whole life growing up being the only Colts fan. All the $hit I put up with about how Peyton was a choke and this and that. Dream on I hope one day it works out. But with the Phillies instead.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I deal with it all the time when I go to the bar as an Eagles fan outside DC and have to hear it from the moron Redskins fans about how the Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl ever, and how the Skins have 3. Who gives a crap that the Skins haven't won the division in 15 years and have 2 playoff wins since Gibbs retired? It's all about the rings...

Old 08-22-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with the principal but I just don't like Buckhalter since coming off those injuries. I don't think he could be effective. And he hasn't shown at all that he could be effective in the pre-season and last year from what I saw from him.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How big of a dropoff in TD's do you guys expect for Westbrook since Hunt has proved very effective in goal line situations? Do you think it could possibly be like a Tiki Brandon Jacobs situation?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It won't be like with the Giants because there are so many ways for our offense to score, and have been, that Westbrook will get his share of TDs this year, with some TDs given to Bucky and Hunt.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Black Majic

I'm owrried about the hunt goaline situation. he looked to comfortable the other nice. i drafted brian westbrook to score touchdowns in FF. But i cant complain. Anyway we get on the board is fine for me.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am sure that Westbrook will get plenty of carries at the goal-line. He will also break long gains off the screen and receiving game, and he'll take it to the house on the run. Hunt might get a few, and so will Buck, but BWest will get the bulk. He's small and shifty and can find gaps in short yardage.