Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

that's the dagger!!!!!!!!! that's the dagger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Kudos to our Defense and Adam V because they won this game for us. It's not a fluke to all those pundits. This Colts D has come to play baby. Our offense better get it in gear because this kind of play won't fly against the Pats or Chargers.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

what a game, 7 field goals no TD's

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
robswinga

I guess Peyton is glad he didnt have to play on both sides of the ball today..............
Old 01-13-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswinga
I guess Peyton is glad he didnt have to play on both sides of the ball today..............
Yea, I understood his frustration at the time, but he shouldn't have made that comment because the D has carried his butt thus far. Anyhow, GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well I said it all along, the real matchup wasnt the Raven D v Peyton Manning. I already knew what was gonna happen there. The real matchup was the Colt D v the Raven O and could the Ravens get going early, and more importantly, could they capitalize on opportunities...the answer was definitive NO. They couldnt convert 3rd downs, they got into Colt territory over and over and did not capitlize. They did not play with the sense of urgency you need against the Colts. and they lost. McNair, Billick, you gotta put up more than 6 points against the Colts. Great game by the Colts D but a sorry effort by the Ravens O. Pathetic.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.
Which would officially make that contract worth every penny.
I think it's pretty damn official now. Vandershank might not have made a single one.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drama
does any colts fan want to bet

than if the colts lose they would not sign in for 1 week

if the raven lose i will not sign in for a week

deal or no deal

too scared Colts fans

8) 8)
I'll take it.
good game
raven D showed up i was impressed
while O was not good enough
but i will honor my bet
i will not login or post begin from sunday jan -14-07 to jan 20 -2007

the colts still suck
but i will root for tony D because he should have won with the Bucs
Old 01-13-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.
Which would officially make that contract worth every penny.
I think it's pretty damn official now. Vandershank might not have made a single one.
Yeah, there's no doubt that he's earned every penny of his salary this year. Hopefully, he gives the Colts a whole lot more though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

well at least 2drama was man enough to eat his crow. i wonder where all the other "indy has no chance" or "baltimore will kill them" folks are right now?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they keep showing up. It seems to be working so far.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNair cost us a chance to advance, if Boller plays we win bottom line, and no Im not joking.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink

They'll all be back next week saying that the Colts can't beat the Pats in the playoffs or that LT will run for 300 yards on them.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
McNair cost us a chance to advance, if Boller plays we win bottom line, and no Im not joking.
heh, kyle boller... you should've been here earlier in the year when i was arguing with a few people over who should've started at QB in baltimore.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
They'll all be back next week saying that the Colts can't beat the Pats in the playoffs or that LT will run for 300 yards on them.
I hope so.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
heh, kyle boller... you should've been here earlier in the year when i was arguing with a few people over who should've started at QB in baltimore.

I am sure that all the Ravens fans who had McNair > Boller still would have kept it that way if they would have known how he would have played down the stretch, and I think that most of them would disagree w/ ERU about Boller playing.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the bright side Ogden held freeny to 0 tackles today.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Looking at the bright side Ogden held freeny to 0 tackles today.
That surprised me too. Freeney had dominated him in the past. That hold that they called on Ogden was bull too. He played great.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea he came to play to bad about every other person on offense didnt, good game all you colts fans and good luck in the playoffs, This game was similar to the most recent colts game because it was basically the defense of the Ravens showed up and the offense could not score any points. Manning should have been picked 2 more times but Ravens players winded up running into each other, and if somebody told me the Colts would not have scored a TD I would have bet my life saving that the Ravens win this game.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink

If Ray Lewis wasn't so good, the Ravens would have probably won.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I dont understand that he is one of the main reasons Billick is a NFL head coach now.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Quote:
I dont understand that he is one of the main reasons Billick is a NFL head coach now.
If he wasn't as good, he wouldn't have been there to tip away the two surefire INT's.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

O yea good point, that is the thing, I think Billick could very well be gone, My uncle and cousins want him gone also. I believe if Billick didn't have Ozzie Newsome he would not be a NFL head coach.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im telling you. the saints and colts are destined to meet in the superbowl

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its definetely time for a new OC in Baltimore. That D is ridiculous, but the O needs work still. they get that O together they could be in the superbowl next year.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just say I am surprised. I couldn't have imagined, prior to, that Baltimore would lose this game. At least this killed the 'Steve McNair brought balance to the team,' mumbo jumbo. The only good thing for the Ravens is it clearly reminded everyone how when it comes to Safeties, it's Ed Reed number one, everyone else. No one, and I mean no one could have seen this defensive revival coming.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote