Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jake Long is overrated.

Okay, that got you guys to bight. I actually think he's a great player, but just LOVE this youtube highlight showing him, Mike Hart, and Chad Henne get destroyed by Vernon Gholston on one play.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How dare you call The American Dragon overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is the most known fact in all of Native America that one play makes Jake Long overrated.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
How dare you call The American Dragon overrated.
haha, wow. That show isnt very exciting considering hes a dragon.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow jake long overrated cuz of one play? hes better then joe thomas and levi brown in last years draft and is jus as good as dbrickshaw ferguson from the 06 draft. hes got size -> 6'7 and tremendous athletic ability for some1 that big..what more could u ask for seriously? cmon
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys read his post or did you just read the title and click on the link?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
WarOnTheShore
Rookie

WarOnTheShore smells like sex panther.

Is someone talking about the greatness that is Bryan Danielson??
WarOnTheShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he means North America lol

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Did you guys read his post or did you just read the title and click on the link?
yes i did, any so what if he got beat, hes still the best OT in the draft
Plus does Champ get beat? Does Peyton throw INT's? Does LT get hit in the backfield? Do the Patriots lose games? Every gets beat every now and then.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a nice disruptive move. Very hard to block. I know no one has called him overrated here, but I keep reading scouts and college writers say how underrated he is in helping Mike Hart run the ball.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
That was a nice disruptive move. Very hard to block. I know no one has called him overrated here, but I keep reading scouts and college writers say how underrated he is in helping Mike Hart run the ball.
I believe that Jake Long is the best run blocking LT in the league, but Sam Baker is a better Pass Blocker. Jake Long is also a terrific pass blocker, but not as good as Baker. Overall, I would give the nod to Long with Baker not far behind. If I am in a team that is in a consistently passing offense, I would take Baker over Long, but if I was a team like Kansas City who needs a OT, I would be skeptical to take Baker just because he is not the elite run blocker that some are making him out to be. He is a great run blocker, but not the best in the draft... IMO.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

IMO Jake long is an overated LEFT tackle.. i think he would be a right tackle in the pro's... he is a mauler and one of the stroongest players in college football... this is just showing how good vernon is really...

and i did see the title... wow that was a play

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On that play Jake Long was expecting a speed rush and Gholston came with an inside move and caught Long out of position. That's all that really happened.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

instead you should have named the thread "Vernon Gholston is a beast" not Jake Long is overrated
Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is an excellent power move by Gholston. Another reason why I love the man.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
instead you should have named the thread "Vernon Gholston is a beast" not Jake Long is overrated
but jake long is overrated brings more posters because we all wanted to tell him why he wasnt... cause most people like proving someone else wrong and letting them know they are right

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
'backer

Vernon Gholston is a beast. That combination of quickness and power is disgusting.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'backer View Post
Vernon Gholston is a beast. That combination of quickness and power is disgusting.
Do you what's also digusting? How much steroids he puts in his body.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Nah I think he's legit...The guy's a beast. Even though I don't like OSU I can admit it. Creative title, but nice to see you don't actually think Long is overrated.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya i mean Gholston had like what one solo tackle that game, total domination....
Old 08-31-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Nah I think he's legit...The guy's a beast. Even though I don't like OSU I can admit it. Creative title, but nice to see you don't actually think Long is overrated.
I'm an OSU fan, but I'm not a blind homer. I like a lot of Michigan players. I just dont think the defense has the depth and overall talent to carry Michigan.

Quote:
Ya i mean Gholston had like what one solo tackle that game, total domination....
Not sure what game you were watching, but Gholston had more than 1 tackle and I believe had at least one sack. He was probably our best defensive player that game.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

I can't say whether he does or doesnt do roids, but I dont think he does. He looked like this in highschool too. He's just a genetic Freak I believe... could be wrong however.

But most people assume anybody who is huge and has extremely low body fat (therefore veins popping) does roids.

How many MLB players who did roids (cough cough.. barry bonds... mark McGuire, Pudge Rodriguez) looked like this?

His roid accusations are just a misconception that low body fat = roids. Any 300 pound offensive lineman who cut weight and went down to 250-260 pounds with 5% bodyfat would look the same.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not too much to say he could have been taking steroids in high school but obviously I'm not one to say whether he did or didn't considering at this point it is all speculation. He is a monster of a player though.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

that actually quite normal. Most LT i know when are facing a good speed DE, will set out insted of back to make up for the speed, but gholston planned it of course. Its a classic move, Bruce Davis does it very well, we have a LT that use to go against him, says his speed off the corner is crazy
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
Not sure what game you were watching, but Gholston had more than 1 tackle and I believe had at least one sack. He was probably our best defensive player that game.
DoWn was right, Gholston has 1 solo tackle, 3 assisted tackles, and 0 sacks.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=518&player=50
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote