Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-24-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Rivals 100 2004

Just looking back at this class there have been some absolutly amazing players... they were dead on with peterson as teh best player available as well... though smoe of these players have fallen completly off the map... enjoy and discuss

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...asp?ra_key=464

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still would've loved to see Ginn stay at CB. He was a great weapon as a WR, but I think he could've been an unbelievable CB.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I remember how excited I was when I heard Colvin was coming to Oregon. I believe Jaison Williams was the 23rd ranked WR that year as well. If Colvin could just realize maybe half his potential this year, our passing game could be scary.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Cal's only player on that list was Marshawn.We need to recruit better.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hehehe Rhett Bomar

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Well, you guys did end up with Lavelle Hawkins. Also, I remember Phillip Mbakogu being pretty highly touted. Thought he was a top 50. Surprised he's not on there. I think Longshore compares favorably to a lot of the guys listed on here as well. And Forsett was just downright underrated. With Sekeli Faaeteete, that was a beastly RB class for you guys. Too bad he didn't pan out- not that you guys needed him though. And your '05 class was highly regarded as well iirc. In short, tell Tedford to back the hell off and let some of those kids come to Eugene!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Man I remember how excited I was when I heard Colvin was coming to Oregon. I believe Jaison Williams was the 23rd ranked WR that year as well. If Colvin could just realize maybe half his potential this year, our passing game could be scary.
I remember him from HS and he was a freak. What happened to him? Lazy, academics, or what?
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
I remember him from HS and he was a freak. What happened to him? Lazy, academics, or what?
Well he showed promise in his first 2 years here, and then suffered nagging injuries in '05 that continued the entire season and through '06. His hamstring/groin problems seem to have derailed his progress. I'm hoping he can remain fully healthy this year because he really does have a ton of talent. If we weren't so strong at the WR position over the past few years, he likely would have posted better numbers despite the injuries. As it is, he needs to be at or near 100% just to see the field, let alone start.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
hehehe Rhett Bomar
Don't speak so fast...Josh McCown made quite a living coming from the football powerhouse that is Sam Houston State.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theodore Ginn Junior
Im gonna start calling him Theo Ginn

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few thoughts on this list...

Willie Williams, what happened?
Anthony Morelli #2 QB and #12 overall....hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
One of my favorite players from that class, Dwayne Jarrett at 44? Wow. They might have been a tad off on that one.
Dorsey at 47? Yeesh. Him and Favorite both from the same class, both really good DTs.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie Williams is still a great LB. He clashed with the coaches in Miami but should make a major impact this year after transferring to UL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
A few thoughts on this list...

Willie Williams, what happened?
Anthony Morelli #2 QB and #12 overall....hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
One of my favorite players from that class, Dwayne Jarrett at 44? Wow. They might have been a tad off on that one.
Dorsey at 47? Yeesh. Him and Favorite both from the same class, both really good DTs.
I knew I hated you.
Has WW aver played enough to become a "great" LB?
What is wrong with Jarrett at #44? It seems great.
Same with Dorsey.
These guys are doing a phenomenal job.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the biggest steal on that whole list is brian brohm at #78..jus crazy!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I knew I hated you.
Has WW aver played enough to become a "great" LB?
What is wrong with Jarrett at #44? It seems great.
Same with Dorsey.
These guys are doing a phenomenal job.
I'm saying WW had all the potential in the world to be a great, GREAT linebacker.
Jarrett should have been much higher. The kid can play.
Dorsey should have obviously been much higher.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

They're in HS man. I don't know what else to say.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
They're in HS man. I don't know what else to say.
It's all hindsight, not a big deal. I'm not outraged over here. Always fun to look back at those lists a couple years later
Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
haha same with auburn.. only recruit was leon hart, a RT.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
the biggest steal on that whole list is brian brohm at #78..jus crazy!
How about Calvin Johnson???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know what happened with:

Dwayne Jones
Webster Patrick
Nick Patton (wasnt he kicked off the team as a frosh?)

anyone know where they're at now?
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Well he showed promise in his first 2 years here, and then suffered nagging injuries in '05 that continued the entire season and through '06. His hamstring/groin problems seem to have derailed his progress. I'm hoping he can remain fully healthy this year because he really does have a ton of talent. If we weren't so strong at the WR position over the past few years, he likely would have posted better numbers despite the injuries. As it is, he needs to be at or near 100% just to see the field, let alone start.
He's still there? That seems like a million years ago. If the injuries didn't screw up his athleticism, I'd hope he would get some PT.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Lawrence Timmons #61... this guy exploded his final year i guess eh.. who would of guessed he would have been drafted so high back then. And Calvin Johnson at 37 ... wow just proves these guys still need to grow into their bodies and playing ability.. they are still kids at first afterall

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Don't speak so fast...Josh McCown made quite a living coming from the football powerhouse that is Sam Houston State.
I bet he doesn't make quite a living from it.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Lawrence Timmons #61... this guy exploded his final year i guess eh.. who would of guessed he would have been drafted so high back then. And Calvin Johnson at 37 ... wow just proves these guys still need to grow into their bodies and playing ability.. they are still kids at first afterall
It's hard to explode when you're playing behind Ernie Sims, AJ Nicholson, Buster Davis, etc. for years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-25-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
He's still there? That seems like a million years ago. If the injuries didn't screw up his athleticism, I'd hope he would get some PT.
Yeah, I just re-read that post and realized I misspoke. He showed promise his first two years here and then suffered the groin and hamstring problems all last year. My post makes it sound like he's already been here 4 years. I swear it seems like his injuries have lasted for two years now...I think it started at the end of '05. I guess I was making '05 into two seasons in my earlier post. My bad.