Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hindsight is 20/20...

Matt Schaub seems on his way to being Brett Favre 2.0 for this franchise.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No!! That's foresight. He will suck. If he is any good this year it'll be all due to Andre Johnson.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "hindsight" I am referring to is that the team should never have trusted Vick in the first place and let Schaub go. Don't get me wrong, I'm as big of a fan of Justin Blalock as the next man. However, it won't matter how awesome he is if were stuck with Joey Harrington and then whatever rookie comes out of the '08 class. It will probably be three years before the team has adequately filled the hole at QB.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next year's QB class is going to be a pretty good one but then again finding a rookie who's able to win consistently is almost an impossibility.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're definitely right. I would accuse you of pessimism but I agree that #7 totally screwed the organization for several years. Hopefully 2011 will be ours. We do have a good young base that we can build on with Boley, Houston, Hall, Anderson, Norwood, and Blaylock. The vets are getting screwed though.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The "hindsight" I am referring to is that the team should never have trusted Vick in the first place and let Schaub go. Don't get me wrong, I'm as big of a fan of Justin Blalock as the next man. However, it won't matter how awesome he is if were stuck with Joey Harrington and then whatever rookie comes out of the '08 class. It will probably be three years before the team has adequately filled the hole at QB.

I still gladly make the deal. Schaub has proved nothing as a QB. Blalock is a machine, next year we will get either Brohm or Woodson, who I'd take over Schaub any day, and add in that we will get another 2nd rounder next year as well. We made a good deal.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd take the trade today even knowing now what I already know. I like Schaub and he could do really well in Petrino's system, but without an offensive line there's nothing anyone can do, and Justin Blalock is our best offensive lineman already, so yeah, I'd take that trade even now, and I'm not so sure about the QBs coming out, none of them strike me as once in a generation types right now, so I'm not going to say I'd rather have ______ because none of them jump out yet. But to get 2 players for Schaub works for me.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Are there any Quarterbacks who are free agents next year? With the refund from Vick's contract they will certainly be able to make a run at anyone out there, if there is actually a decent stopgap option.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver, don't get down. Chris Redman is the answer.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Are there any Quarterbacks who are free agents next year? With the refund from Vick's contract they will certainly be able to make a run at anyone out there, if there is actually a decent stopgap option.
lets QB's who maybe looking for jobs (though not FA's) next year...
Carr or Delhomme
McCown or Culpepper
Cassell?
Chris Simms
If mcNabb gets hurt and kolb does well (asking alot) then probably Mcnabb
Tim couch
aaron rodgers :)
Trent Dilfer
Seneca Wallace
Vinny
Jake Plummer?
Mark Brunell
Brian Griese, Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton
If pennington gets hurt and Clemens does well as the replacement then maybe chad
David garrad or leftwich
Charlie Frye

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I have a little more faith in Harrington than some people, but if he does crash and burn, then we would certainly need a two year stop gap while our drafted QB sits and learns.

Delhomme - I would NEVER want this guy on the falcons. Not just because he's a panther, but because he stinks.

Carr - not sure he's much different from Harrington.

McCown or Culpepper - would be reasonably happy with either of these guys for a year or so.

Simms - no thank you. Might be worth bringing him in for competition, but I'd rather watch US bat down his passes, not the other way round.

McNabb - won't be free unless he has another major injury, in which case I'll take a pass. He'd still be wanting major cash and years, and it'd not be a wise investment if he does get injured again.

Tim couch - no thanks.

Aaron Rodgers - would be fantastic, but I can't see any realistic scenario in which GB allows him to leave. They know that Favre must eventually retire, and they're in the perfect transition situation with Rodgers.

Seneca - been tied up by Seattle, and I don't really think he's a starting calibre QB.

Dilfer and Vinny - nope.

Mark Brunell - just can't throw the deep ball, so it would be a waste of Petrino's system.

Pennington - unlikely, and also lack of deep ball.

Plummer - well, ok, if he comes back. Also the problem of negotiating with TB.

Garrard, Leftwich, Frye, Grossman, Griese - I'd take any of these guys, as long as we could get them on a fairly short term contract and for reasonable cash.

I actually think the best use of a cap surplus would be to get D-Hall and Boley (and Demo if he has a good year) tied up long-term, with all their contracts being seriously front-loaded in 2008.