Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock after Game 4:

1) Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, OSU
2) King Dunlap, OT, Auburn
3) Heath Benedict, LG, Newberry
4) Chad Rinehart, OG/OT, Northern Iowa
5) Keilen Dykes, DE, WVU
6) Fernando Velasco, C/OG, Georgia
7) Andy Studebaker, OLB, Wheaton

I love it.

Though 09 We'll need... WR, CB and ILB...

2009 Pre-meditation...

1) Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
6'1 210 4.49
2) Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
6'1 202 4.43
3) Antonio Appleby, 34ILB/34OLB, Virginia
6'4 258lbs 4.69

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As usual, I like it. One question, though. Why Dunlap over Greco or Williams?

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.want.troys.hair View Post
As usual, I like it. One question, though. Why Dunlap over Greco or Williams?
Dunlap is 6'9 320lbs and has LT feet( and a pretty 5.01 40). I like Greco, but unlike his former teammate Nick Kaczur, he doesn't really possess LT ability and in fact there are people thinking he may be a Guard in the Pros.

Williams is a great guy in the mid rounds (3-4) but he's only a 2 year starter this year. He doesn't have the upside that Dunlap has.

Dunlap has LT feet, ability to Wall off defenders and is a mauler. with the amount of OT talent coming out, thats the only reason we get him..

But He reminds me of a weaker Run blocking but better pass blocking Marcus McNeil. That turned out pretty good. Run blocking can be way improved (With his size/power), Pass blocking is great. He'll be a guy that can play either LT or RT.. Williams Could play LT possibly, but not at Dunlaps level .. I don't think Greco has a chance at LT.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't understand why you keep picking OLB/DE tweaners? We already have a bunch of them on the team. if we are going to the 4-3 we need true DE's like Long?
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
I don't understand why you keep picking OLB/DE tweaners? We already have a bunch of them on the team. if we are going to the 4-3 we need true DE's like Long?
I'm still not certain why we're insistant on 4-3.

Word has it we're sticking 3-4 .. and even if we're not.. Gholston would be a premier Cover 2 rusher. Add to the fact if Tomlin adds any wrinkles.. we could play Cover 2 and the LeBeau Zone schemes.

I have only heard that we're sticking 3-4.

But if we go 4-3.. I'll still be picking Gholston > Long because Long has played 4 years as a 3-4 DE.. He's like a smaller version of Adam Carriker. He holds the point and can penetrate, but he's not a Pass rushing/run stopping fiend like GHolston or Calais Campbell.

As for a bunch of Tweeners on the team... Other than Woodley and Haggans our OLB's are horrendous. James Harrison is good, but He's not a great pass rusher.. Could be certainly upgraded.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not a fan of the direction you want to go in round 1.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Not a fan of the direction you want to go in round 1.
What direction is that? DE/OLB?

I don't know I haven't seen Timmons or Harrison make it to the backfield once.

We go 4-3? Thats fine as Gholston would be a premier Edge rusher in the 4-3 as well.

It's the single most important position we're missing on defense. The blindside Rusher..

Old 08-27-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
1) Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, OSU
2) King Dunlap, OT, Auburn
3) Heath Benedict, LG, Newberry
4) Chad Rinehart, OG/OT, Northern Iowa
5) Keilen Dykes, DE, WVU
6) Fernando Velasco, C/OG, Georgia
7) Andy Studebaker, OLB, Wheaton

I love it.

Though 09 We'll need... WR, CB and ILB...

2009 Pre-meditation...

1) Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
6'1 210 4.49
2) Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
6'1 202 4.43
3) Antonio Appleby, 34ILB/34OLB, Virginia
6'4 258lbs 4.69

You think Ikegwuonu is only a second round pick

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
You think Ikegwuonu is only a second round pick
This year I think he's day 2..

He's got great attributes, but he's a bonehead off the field.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think we are switching to a 4-3 either. I didn't from the begining of the Tomlin era. Part of the it didn't make sense to me. I agrred back before the draft we needed 2 new LB's over the next 2 drafts. We took them this year. But Timmons is not cutting it at the moument. But with haggans, timmons, harrison and woodley on the roster, and major holes in the OL, taking another LB would be a bad idea. We have to have a OLman that can come in and start from day 1.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote