Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cal vs. Tennessee

who ya got?

i was gonna do a pick em' thread but everyone else has a cupcake opponent.

i go cal. justin forsett+jahvid best+longshore+jackson= nasty.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Craig Stevens will catch a touchdown pass mark it down

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cal will win. SEC home-field advantage was a huge reason for that win and Desean Jackson will smoke Tennessee.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Cal. Last year Longshore was a first year starter, and you could tell in that game that he was lost. This year's gonna be real different. DeSean gonna burn these guys for 100+ recieving and a PR TD.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee. I think Cal is the better team, but Tennessee finds a way to win.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go w/ the philosophy i got with almost everygame involving an SEC team, SEC Dominance

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Have to study this one a little bit, but I always end up pullin for Ainge. But I have to look into this game a little more.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tennesse, i just have a feeling
Old 08-29-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given the Vol's losses both up front and at the corner positions, along with the revenge factor of which the flames will only be stoked by playing at home, I'm expecting Cal's offense to light up the scoreboard with myriad big plays. Whether or not Tennessee will be able to keep up is debatable, and I don't doubt their capability. Especially considering that Cal lost just as much from their defense of a year ago. Like most games, this will come down to who comes out with more fire and who wins the turnover battle. All things considered, this is a pretty even matchup on paper. But I've got to give the edge to Cal. We all saw how big a factor home field advantage was in this game last year. And you've got to give them the edge with the special teams.

My prediction-

Cal 34 Vols 27
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
who ya got?

i was gonna do a pick em' thread but everyone else has a cupcake opponent.

i go cal. justin forsett+jahvid best+longshore+jackson= nasty.
Montgomery is 2nd on the depth chart and Best is 3rd.
And yes I'll say Cal.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would have gone Tennesse but Ainge broke his pinky and he hasnt been playing so im going with CAL

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think Cal will win this one by a couple of scores. too many weapons
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

31-21 Tenn is my prediction

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cal is overrated, gimme Tennessee. Is Eric Berry starting?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that so much has been said about desean jackson that the tennessee secondary will make him a non factor, but I believe it will be close, but you know i gotta go with my vols winning.

24-28 vols

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volman88 View Post
I think that so much has been said about desean jackson that the tennessee secondary will make him a non factor, but I believe it will be close, but you know i gotta go with my vols winning.

24-28 vols
That would be quite the accomplishment. Especially considering their lack of game experience. If they do shut him down, it'll likely be at great cost. Hefney can't do it all and the others are mostly unproven. Cal does have other legitimate weapons and Longshore is savvy enough to take what the defense gives him. And let's not forget about Justin Forsett. The loss of Turk McBride and Justin Harrell in the middle is big. I love the Vols' LB corps, but they can't do it all. I guess we'll see if some of the new guys step up, but for the first game of the season to be clear across the country against one the nations best offenses, I have my doubts. Tennessee's offense needs to be sharp in this one and I think will definitely need to win the turnover battle in order to pull out the win.

I think the biggest factor of all is the game last year and how the Cal players feel about it. If you listen to them talk about it, they are still very heated. It's all they heard about all last season and throughout the summer. They want nothing more than redemption. I expect to see a very fired up Cal team, and we'll just have to see if the Vols can match that energy.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I think Cal is overrated, gimme Tennessee. Is Eric Berry starting?
cal is not overrated if anything they are underrated cuz they are not yet considered an elite football program..i got cal and desean will light em up cuz i hear the SEC likes to play a lot of man to man coverage
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
cal is not overrated if anything they are underrated cuz they are not yet considered an elite football program..i got cal and desean will light em up cuz i hear the SEC likes to play a lot of man to man coverage
You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Cal lost 23 lettermen and has only 13 returning starters. They also have the toughest schedule of the big Pac 10 programs. I don't think Forsett is the answer this year and Longshore is inconsistent. Their receiving corps can't do it all, while the defense is young facing an experienced Senior QB in Ainge. I think Cal will be lucky to finish 4th in the Pac-10 and could be facing a disappointing year with all the hype they're getting.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

gotta go with the vols on this one. they usually always win their opener plus they always do better when less is expected of them. plus we should be able to stop jackson like we stopped marshawn last year.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Cal lost 23 lettermen and has only 13 returning starters. They also have the toughest schedule of the big Pac 10 programs. I don't think Forsett is the answer this year and Longshore is inconsistent. Their receiving corps can't do it all, while the defense is young facing an experienced Senior QB in Ainge. I think Cal will be lucky to finish 4th in the Pac-10 and could be facing a disappointing year with all the hype they're getting.
Mr. Ainge has a broken pinky. That may be the little edge Cal needs to rip this team apart.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm goin 28-24 Tennessee. They're about even on paper, but the image of last year's complete domination is still lingering in my head.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Except for the fact that Forsett has already proven to be a good college RB and we have other RBs that are highly talented.(Montgomery,Best,and Slocum)Not to mention our offense was never that reliant on Marshawn Lynch in the first place.If anything our offense will be better than last years due to the fact that we will be going back to the offense we ran before last year which relied soley on the play,had no consistency and relied on Desean Jackson fro the most part.With this offense we will be able to get better production both our of the Longshore and our other WRs that are not Desean Jackson.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee. I think Berry starts and shows right away he'll be a top CB in the NCAA ranks.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cal is my pick
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ainge's broken pinky will not be a factor.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote