Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who will ND's new QB be?
Jones 23 58.97%
Sharpley 4 10.26%
Clausen 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who will be Notre Dame's new QB this saturday?

who do you think?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Did they cut cut chuck norris or is he still in contention for that starting role?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I think its a no brainer in Jones.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i think it's jones.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
yeah, i think it's jones.
The only thing im thinking.... Is it to obvious that its Jones?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well clausen might still be recovering from surgery he had on his throwing arm, and i haven't even heard the mention of evan sharpley since.

EDIT: also, I don't think it really makes sense to start sharpley. Everyone knows clausen is the future of the team so why not let him start as a freshman, if he plays all 4 years he'll have been a four year starter like brady quinn and possibly break his records, that is if clausen really is as good as advertised. sharpley would just be a waste of time. I don't think the same of jones because he's a different style qb and his legs might be able to steal a couple games away. (also, unproven wrs and rb)

Last edited by soybean : 08-29-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think jones will start this game, but after that im not sure. His mobility will be great against G Tech's blitzing D

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy hasn't shown he's the man yet so I go with Jones

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please let it be Jones.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Clausen's still injured, and I heard one dude say that when he went to a practice(dunno how though) that Clausen couldn't throw the ball 15 yards...........
Old 08-30-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My brain says Jones.

My gut says Clausen starts at least one game this year.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
My brain says Jones.

My gut says Clausen starts at least one game this year.
It all depends on whoever starts and how he does.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If Jones' old HS coach is to be believed, then DD has won the competition.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ND should try and work with Sharpley. he probably has the most potential
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

this is a really sad performance. I can guarantee that app state would have killed ND.

hopefully after crennel gets fired charlie can convince him to come over and be ND's defensive coordinator.

at least ND has some loyal fans, no one seems to be leaving the stadium.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Bem1
Rookie

Bem1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
ND should try and work with Sharpley. he probably has the most potential
if by most you mean least then yea hes got the most potential
Old 09-01-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Clausen just came in, so I'll be interested to see what he can do as the starting QB. I don't expect him to do much considering his arm is pretty sore, but it's still interesting.

Between Jones and Evans, I'm not sure which I would choose as a starting QB. If the offensive line continues to be dominated like they were today I would expect Jones to start. Evans doesn't seem to go through his progressions very well, and Jones has escapability.

After seeing Clausen play, I would have to say he would be the best option at starting QB. He makes quick decisions and for a true freshman looks pretty in control. His mechanics are pretty smooth and most importantly he's got a very quick release.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my thoughts on it after watching the game:

Demetrius Jones - Future wide receiver. Looked extremely uncomfortable as a passer and looked to run at all times. Questionable arm.

Evan Sharpley - Looked better than Jones, although that isn't saying much. Throws a nice ball but was indecisive and held onto it too long.

Jimmy Clausen - Appeared to be on an entirely different level than Jones. Granted it was late in the game and against backups but he showed a strong arm, poise in the pocket and made good decisions.

I'm not so sure I don't start the next game with Sharpley but it's only a matter of time until it's the Jimmy Clausen show.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-01-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Here are my thoughts on it after watching the game:

Demetrius Jones - Future wide receiver. Looked extremely uncomfortable as a passer and looked to run at all times. Questionable arm.

Evan Sharpley - Looked better than Jones, although that isn't saying much. Throws a nice ball but was indecisive and held onto it too long.

Jimmy Clausen - Appeared to be on an entirely different level than Jones. Granted it was late in the game and against backups but he showed a strong arm, poise in the pocket and made good decisions.

I'm not so sure I don't start the next game with Sharpley but it's only a matter of time until it's the Jimmy Clausen show.

Jones looked alot like he was still in high school. Held onto the ball way too long and danced too much back there, and Georgia's DE's lit him up.

Sharpley looked good but he doesn't have the zip to be an elite QB. His accuracy was ok but he missed a wide open post route that was an easy 6. Overthrew his receiver by at least two feet. On the out pass he was late and the receiver shoudl have caught it but on that pass you could see he just doesn't have the arm to quite zip it out there.

Clausen looked the best out there today in my opinion. He throws such a tight spiral and his accuracy was the best today. His mechanics were also terrific and he was the one that was the most calm in the pocket. Clausen will most likely get the nod next week.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clausen looked good in this game. Good pocket prescence, strong arm even with the surgery and those rumors, good accuracy. The OL needs to get much better, I think this unit is even worse than last years...
Old 09-01-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my God. The O-line was so pitiful, it wasn't even funny. The defense gave up tons of big plays. Demetrius looked awful, and I'm not sure he knows how to throw. Clausen was the only positive this game. He threw the ball well, and while I have no idea how he'll work as a field general, he can throw it with the best of them.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:51 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I might just start Clausen next game.Sharpley telegraphs to much.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Im a huge ND fan, but honestly does it even matter who is going to start next week? We are in some big $hit this year. Jones was a mess, Evan was getting pressured way to much, and Claussen.... Well just start Claussen. WTF do we have to lose?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-02-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aw, Scott copied my analysis, heh - just kidding.

I think if Clausen's arm isn't sore he ends up getting the start.

Michigan State might actually be a tough game for ND. MS had a killer run game the other night.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Im a huge ND fan, but honestly does it even matter who is going to start next week? We are in some big $hit this year. Jones was a mess, Evan was getting pressured way to much, and Claussen.... Well just start Claussen. WTF do we have to lose?
But you guys have the best coach in college football. You should be winning :)
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote