Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-30-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dallas Cowboys Truths & Predictions

I thought it could be a good idea having a thread for our predictions or truths about the incoming season. Everyone can post their truths about our team or our division rivals, or simple prediction like "Witten will have more than 6 TD's".
We can use this post to make bet too. I'll start with one:

Terrell Owens 14 TD's. Over or Under? I take Over.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I was just about to post a thread too!

Here are some of my thoughts.

10. Greg Ellis will be a non-factor for the Cowboys. I thought either he or Julius Jones would've been traded on draft day the last 2 years and I was wrong. However, I am right in the fact that they should have traded him while they had the chance. Now his value is 0 and he'll disappear into the sunset.

9. Cowboys Defense will be Top 5 against the run and the pass defense will be no better than 16 (half the league). Many are expecting that with the addition of Phillips that our pass rush numbers will rise dramatically and thus our pass defense should improve. While it may, I believe our run Defense is what will be our biggest strength. With the type of defensive lineman we have, they are much better equip at stuffing the run than rushing the passer. Our linebackers and safeties are also better stuffing the run, than in coverage.

8. Defensive Break Out Player of the Year will be Kevin Burnett. KB will be everything we hoped for him coming into the league as a 2nd round pick. He will finally have a full healthy season and could end up as one of our new young team leaders.

7. Offensive Break Out Player of the Year will be Marion Barber III. Up to now, he's been labeled as our 3rd down/goal line back. This year you will see MB3 end up with the majority of snaps with more than a few starts.

6. Terrell Owens will lead the league in TD receptions. Now this little truth is bit bold, but yes, TO will be the #1 fantasy receiver by year's end.

5. Julius Jones will become the 3rd string back behind Marion Barber and Tyson Thompson. Julius will fail to meet his expectations and the blame he put on Parcells will now fall on his own shoulders.

4. Biggest Turnaround Award goes to the Offensive Line. Last season, they were by far the weakest unit on the team. Causing huge worry and concern. Now their strength will lead us as every successful team needs.

3. Jason Garrett is being groomed for the next Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. This is more like truth, than a prediction.

2. The Cowboys will be NFC East Division Champions. The Division is ours for the taking. Only a major health catastrophe can derail this train. Cowboys are deep and talented enough to sustain some injury, but not a lot. The division is not as strong as in year's past and the Cowboys will show some revival.

1. The Cowboys will not go to the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were good, but not great. Until they can create more turnovers on Defense and become that terrorizing play making unit, they will only be solid, not yet spectacular. Tony Romo must also learn to limit his interceptions and the running game needs to be a force to be reckoned with.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Roy Williams will give up 8 TDs
2. Ware will get 16 Sacks
3. Romo will not go to the Pro-Bowl
4. Carpenter will be Pro-Bowl alternate
5. D-Unit's 10 points are all correct
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

6. Romo will bed down some other Country Music Chick if he get a huge contract
Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

"7. Offensive Break Out Player of the Year will be Marion Barber III. Up to now, he's been labeled as our 3rd down/goal line back. This year you will see MB3 end up with the majority of snaps with more than a few starts."

Strongly agree with this one. I think Marion Barber will steal the starting job. I cant see Dallas wanting to re-sign JJ next season. However, if MBIII explodes he could be our featured back and the new recipient of a hefty contract.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I thought it could be a good idea having a thread for our predictions or truths about the incoming season. Everyone can post their truths about our team or our division rivals, or simple prediction like "Witten will have more than 6 TD's".
We can use this post to make bet too. I'll start with one:

Terrell Owens 14 TD's. Over or Under? I take Over.
The homerism in me wants to say "over" but realistically, we have too many weapons on offense so I don't think he gets over 14. However, I think he will get over 1400 yards. I think Romo will target Witten more in the red-zone. I'll say Witten scores over 7 TDs.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think barber will overtake the job as well, but i hope phillips sees it as well..., i think thompson is better suited spelling barber then how we have it now, but we shall see, i just hope barber gets the touches and carries he deserves

and yes i firmly believe garrett will be our soon to be head coach, he's getting the experience he needs, and i really love what he does with our O...I just hope when it happens we pick up a solid D coordinator as well...

O and i really agree on burnett, he's a stud and ready to show it

also think that crayton will have a better yr, and barber with more yds and around the same td's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way Barber over takes the starting job is if we're are losing. I predict Julius will have a career year and start all 16 games. There is zero chance that Julius falls to third on the depth chart.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-30-2007 at 10:04 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
1. Roy Williams will give up 8 TDs
2. Ware will get 16 Sacks
3. Romo will not go to the Pro-Bowl
4. Carpenter will be Pro-Bowl alternate
5. D-Unit's 10 points are all correct
That is absolutely insane. Carpenter has looked lost this preseason and slow. He has shown no glimpses of being a pro bowl player, not to mention he is a back up that will not overtake any of our starters. When playing end he is getting pushed around and when playing LB he is always late to the play. I dont see how he has shown you that he can be a pro bowler...and this year of all years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm expecting big years from two players vastly underrated on these boards.

1. Julius Jones...he's hitting holes harder and running through tackles opposed to going down upon contact. Preseason numbers do not tell the story...he's in for a good year.

2. Bradie James...he's lighter and much faster. Bradie has been making plays all over the field this preseason. He's constantly been in the backfield and when rushing the passer he has been highy efficient. He has been our best player this preseason and will lead our team in tackles and get a career high in sacks. He only needs three but, the way he has brought pressure, I could see him w/ 5 sacks this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Lets do some more...

Tony Romo will be a probowler. There arent many Qb's in this league that study as much as Romo. He has all the weapons in the world and is already near the top of the league in accuracy. Our line should be a strength this year...hell, he was getting tons of time to throw even w/ out our starters in. He's gonna have all day, solid Rb play, and Jason Garrett calling the plays. Mark it down, Tony Romo will be headed to the Pro Bowl.

Marcus Spears will finally break out. He was a monster in TC and he's motivated. He's had a rough preseason but, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. Spears breaks out w/ atleast 6 sacks.

Mat Mcbriar will go to his second consecutive pro bowl. No explaination necessary, just watch him kick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-30-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Marcus Spears will finally break out. He was a monster in TC and he's motivated. He's had a rough preseason but, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. Spears breaks out w/ atleast 6 sacks.
at first i thought you were being fecetious...but this is pretty bold, but I dont know why you would give him more credit for TC then you would pre season going against actual opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
at first i thought you were being fecetious...but this is pretty bold, but I dont know why you would give him more credit for TC then you would pre season going against actual opponents
I have faith in Spears. He's learning a new system...None of the DE's are really doing anything. I'm gonna keep listening to him...if he doesnt perform...then well...it is what it is...but, I'm gonna give him that benefit. I'm def. being serious.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-30-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here we go.

Julius Jones will not be third string. Period. I am not a fan of his, but he is better than some give him credit for.

I am a Burnett fan. He has amazing talent. However, I think there is too much competition for him. No pro bowl. Not even close.

Ellis is done. I can not agree with D Unit more on this. Ellis was good for a long time, but it is over for him. I am not counting on him at all. If he gives anything, look at it as gravy. I hate to say it, but farewell...

Roy will shut a lot of you up. He may give up a touchdown or two, but he is still one of our finest.

Anthony Henry will have a good year.

Marcus Spears will continue to suck.

Brady James is either traded or dropped on the depth chart. A bold prediction, but figured I had to stick my sack out on at least one of these.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont get the James hate at all...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are one of my very favorite posters, but I dont get you crush on Spears. We are even:)

Old 08-30-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I dont get the James hate at all...
I know, James has been a beast through out preseason.....

My turn....

Ware = 1 or more sacks

Roy Williams and James = 2 or more total tackles

TO will have have at least one TD

I got balls........
Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a couple.

Leonard Davis will prove to be a dominating force
Has impressed in Training camp and has look good in the preseason. His nasty and mean demeanor on the field give us a attitude we haven't had here for some time. The way he searches for heads to knock off is juts fun to watch. People will criticize his pass blocking, but his play during the run has been great. Him and Gurode will make formidable inside duo for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
8. Defensive Break Out Player of the Year will be Kevin Burnett. KB will be everything we hoped for him coming into the league as a 2nd round pick. He will finally have a full healthy season and could end up as one of our new young team leaders.
100% Agreed. I've been drinking the KB Kool-Aid(Yes I know overused phrase now a days) for some time. He progressed last year, and has looked great this preseason before his injury. He will prove to be a very, very vital part of this defense.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont do player predictions, but I think we'll end up 11-5, winning the East, with both top 10 defense (barely) and top 10 offense.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Lets do some more...

Tony Romo will be a probowler. There arent many Qb's in this league that study as much as Romo. He has all the weapons in the world and is already near the top of the league in accuracy. Our line should be a strength this year...hell, he was getting tons of time to throw even w/ out our starters in. He's gonna have all day, solid Rb play, and Jason Garrett calling the plays. Mark it down, Tony Romo will be headed to the Pro Bowl.

Mat Mcbriar will go to his second consecutive pro bowl. No explaination necessary, just watch him kick.

Well if I had to bet between Spears and Carpenter -- I bet Carpenter.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wow, I was just about to post a thread too!

Here are some of my thoughts.
Good list, D. I disagree on #10 and #5

Here's are my thruts:

10. Anthony Spencer will get 9 sacks.

He will share action with first Carpenter and then Ellis when he comes back, but he will make a good impact as long as the season goes on. He won't be very good in every aspect of his game this year, but I expect him to become a great force rushing the passer by week 4.

9. Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode will be regarded as one of the best C-G combo in the league.

Gurode was amazing last year, he moves pretty welland he can throw people around. Davis will be huge for us, he will need help protecting the passer but he will be on of the best guard in the league leading the run. With the poor DT's that play in our division, this two guys will be key for us.

8. Marion Barber will have 900+ yards rushing.

It's finally time for him to see the ball a lot more. He is the best RB in our backfield, he doesn't give us breakaway speed, but he give us a lot more. Barber will carry the ball not only in goal-lin, short yardage, redzone situations ad he was used to do, I think he will steal carry from Julius and showing Jason Garrett some reason to use him more often. Julius Jones won't be a member of the Dallas Cowboys in 2008, and the Cowbys will draft his replacement.

7. Washington Defense won't be top 10

I've red many guys very high on their defense, even BBD. Redskins' fans say this is true, and that they've allowed only one TD during the preseason.
I think everyone is impressed by their safety combo. First I don't buy their result during the PS, because the preseason means almost nothing and I still don't buy the safety be a premier position, CB is still the most important position in the seconary and the front 7 in the defense.
Landry and Taylor will be a good duo to watch, but Washington's problems start with the line, not with the secondary. They will be able to blitz a lot more because of their safeties? Hmm ok, but if they can't improve their d-line play they're not going anywhere. London Fletcher is a good run thumper? It's useless to have a good run thumping LB if your line will be thrown around. And even if their safeties can cover a lot of field, their CB's are suspect. Springs is old and coming back from an injury, Rogers hasn't breakout yet.
Last year the Redskins' had a bad defense because of their line play, and they did nothing to improve that. Their hoping for their players to improve, but I don't think they will be any better than last year. And you could have Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins playing safety for you, but if you are playing a 4-3 and you don't have good play from the line, you're gonna suffer.

6. The New York Giants won't have very good OL play.

They say losing Peitgout wasn't a big deal, but I don't like their left side at all. Diehl has been moved from G to T, and that's not an easy transition. We've seen that with Big Davis, he was bad as a LT, but he's great playing guard. And their left guard is not gonna be able to help Diehl if he struggles. I see Ware having a great day against Diehl, and so Eagles DE's.

5. Jason Hatcher will get 8 sacks.

Hatcher became a force for us by the end of last season. He will play a lot more, and the scheme fits perfect his ability to beat his man. Hatcher is big, fast and shows some good moves to get past OL's.

4. Jason Witten will have his best year since he joined the league.

Witten is an amazing TE. He does all good, he has great size, he knows how to get open and catch. Jason Garrett knows what he has in Witten and he will use him very well. Statistically is very hard form him to get more than 980 yards and 6 TD's, but even if he won't touch this numbers (and I think he won't, but he will get at least the same amount of TD's), his play will be regarded as his best.

3. Nick Folk will kick asses.

I Like Nick very much. He can be for us what Gostkwoski was for the Patriots. The team has to not give up on him if he'll make rookie mistakes, because we could have found our kicker of the future, finally.

2. We will win a playoff game.

I don't predict a SB run, but the team he's ready to get some confidence in the post season in order to make a run next year. We have a great team, great player in almost every position. The new coaches want to win, the players want to win. The team is ready.

1. Tony Romo will be once again our MVP, and he will marry Carrie Underwood.

Romo last year showed the best QB play since Aikman left. Garrett will be huge for us and for him, he knows how to use Romo, and Romo is a guy who learns very quickly. He has the weapons, he shown last year that he's able to share the ball around. I'm very confident in him
Carrie Underwood will realise that Romo he's the man not only on the field, and accept his proposal in a heartbeat.

In Bob We Trust

Old 08-31-2007, 04:43 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Jason Hatcher with 8 sacks? That would be nice. I would say that is pretty unlikely, but I like the enthusiasm.

It would be really hard to get 8 sacks as a de in a 3-4, though, dont you think?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
It would be really hard to get 8 sacks as a de in a 3-4, though, dont you think?
Yes it's pretty hard. But you have to consider that Hatcher will see a lot of action in the nickel and the dime, both at DE and DT. I think he will get 4 sacks from the base defense and another 4 from the nickel/dime.

In Bob We Trust

Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
tbraton
Rookie

tbraton smells like sex panther.

I predict pain.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xoXUgW6dXME
tbraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Good list, D. I disagree on #10 and #5

Here's are my thruts:

10. Anthony Spencer will get 9 sacks.

He will share action with first Carpenter and then Ellis when he comes back, but he will make a good impact as long as the season goes on. He won't be very good in every aspect of his game this year, but I expect him to become a great force rushing the passer by week 4.

9. Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode will be regarded as one of the best C-G combo in the league.

Gurode was amazing last year, he moves pretty welland he can throw people around. Davis will be huge for us, he will need help protecting the passer but he will be on of the best guard in the league leading the run. With the poor DT's that play in our division, this two guys will be key for us.

8. Marion Barber will have 900+ yards rushing.

It's finally time for him to see the ball a lot more. He is the best RB in our backfield, he doesn't give us breakaway speed, but he give us a lot more. Barber will carry the ball not only in goal-lin, short yardage, redzone situations ad he was used to do, I think he will steal carry from Julius and showing Jason Garrett some reason to use him more often. Julius Jones won't be a member of the Dallas Cowboys in 2008, and the Cowbys will draft his replacement.

7. Washington Defense won't be top 10

I've red many guys very high on their defense, even BBD. Redskins' fans say this is true, and that they've allowed only one TD during the preseason.
I think everyone is impressed by their safety combo. First I don't buy their result during the PS, because the preseason means almost nothing and I still don't buy the safety be a premier position, CB is still the most important position in the seconary and the front 7 in the defense.
Landry and Taylor will be a good duo to watch, but Washington's problems start with the line, not with the secondary. They will be able to blitz a lot more because of their safeties? Hmm ok, but if they can't improve their d-line play they're not going anywhere. London Fletcher is a good run thumper? It's useless to have a good run thumping LB if your line will be thrown around. And even if their safeties can cover a lot of field, their CB's are suspect. Springs is old and coming back from an injury, Rogers hasn't breakout yet.
Last year the Redskins' had a bad defense because of their line play, and they did nothing to improve that. Their hoping for their players to improve, but I don't think they will be any better than last year. And you could have Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins playing safety for you, but if you are playing a 4-3 and you don't have good play from the line, you're gonna suffer.

6. The New York Giants won't have very good OL play.

They say losing Peitgout wasn't a big deal, but I don't like their left side at all. Diehl has been moved from G to T, and that's not an easy transition. We've seen that with Big Davis, he was bad as a LT, but he's great playing guard. And their left guard is not gonna be able to help Diehl if he struggles. I see Ware having a great day against Diehl, and so Eagles DE's.

5. Jason Hatcher will get 8 sacks.

Hatcher became a force for us by the end of last season. He will play a lot more, and the scheme fits perfect his ability to beat his man. Hatcher is big, fast and shows some good moves to get past OL's.

4. Jason Witten will have his best year since he joined the league.

Witten is an amazing TE. He does all good, he has great size, he knows how to get open and catch. Jason Garrett knows what he has in Witten and he will use him very well. Statistically is very hard form him to get more than 980 yards and 6 TD's, but even if he won't touch this numbers (and I think he won't, but he will get at least the same amount of TD's), his play will be regarded as his best.

3. Nick Folk will kick asses.

I Like Nick very much. He can be for us what Gostkwoski was for the Patriots. The team has to not give up on him if he'll make rookie mistakes, because we could have found our kicker of the future, finally.

2. We will win a playoff game.

I don't predict a SB run, but the team he's ready to get some confidence in the post season in order to make a run next year. We have a great team, great player in almost every position. The new coaches want to win, the players want to win. The team is ready.

1. Tony Romo will be once again our MVP, and he will marry Carrie Underwood.

Romo last year showed the best QB play since Aikman left. Garrett will be huge for us and for him, he knows how to use Romo, and Romo is a guy who learns very quickly. He has the weapons, he shown last year that he's able to share the ball around. I'm very confident in him
Carrie Underwood will realise that Romo he's the man not only on the field, and accept his proposal in a heartbeat.
10, 9 and 5 seem more like rooting but hey..... why not. We are FANS.