Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-01-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Appalachian State stuns Michigan in Michigan

Appalachian State defeats Michigan 34-32 in Michigan.

On Appalachian State's final drive they drove 69 yards down the field in 1:11 with no timeouts relying on nothing but passing plays. They get down to the 5 yard line and kick a field goal with :40 seconds left.
On the kickoff Michigan gets to the 34 yard line. 1st play was an incomplete pass. Second play gets them 40 yards down the field to the Appalachian State 20 yard line. :5 second left.
Michigan sends in the field goal unit to kick an easy field goal with the ball being right in the middle of the field. Kicker lines up, the ball is snapped, and it is BLOCKED! An Appalachian State defensive end picks up the ball and rumbles down the field to the Michigan 5 yard line before being tackled.
Game over. Appalachian State completes one of the biggest upsets in college football.

One of the most unbelievable games I have ever watched.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 09-01-2007 at 03:54 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just goes to show you that the top teams in D1-AA are capable of hanging in D1-A
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Games like this is why college football is better than the NFL.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Appalachian State is thinking of making the move up to Div. I because they are one of the top teams in Div. I-AA. I think with this game they proved that they should be in Division I.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-01-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm sorry this thread doesn't do the game justice.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kfjdkjfkfjakjdklfja

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahahahah omg that was amazing. anyone watch it live on tv or in person ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
I saw it on the Big Ten Network, which I didn't know I had until I turned it on to watch the game.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-01-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you, Comcast for not getting the Big Ten Network. Why don't you two girls stop fighting and make an agreement?

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
yea i was at the game.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was amazing.

Meanwhile mass suicides are happening in Ann Arbor due to this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

simply awesome. This certainly blows the Big Ten wide open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
simply awesome. This certainly blows the Big Ten wide open!
Yeah, it does. If Appalachian State can beat Michigan I would expect Wisconsin to do the same.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-01-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really that distraught.. I didn't get to see this happen because of the ********DBig Ten Network.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

awesome. that just made App. States's season
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I saw it on the Big Ten Network, which I didn't know I had until I turned it on to watch the game.
Hah, same here. I didn't realize until 10 minutes left in the game (thanks DirecTV), but it was still awesome.

I did find it strange why App State kicked the GW FG, on 1st down with 30 seconds left. Run the ball once, to use the clock or Michigan's last timeout. They are lucky it didn't end up biting them in the rear, although the finish was beyond awesome.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Godfrey of Iowa just had the most insane pick against Northern Illinois. Too bad iowa's QB sucks and is 1-7 to start the game
Old 09-01-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it does. If Appalachian State can beat Michigan I would expect Wisconsin to do the same.
MI will rebound. I'm certainly not gonna right them off. It's always a tough game with them and Wisconsin, but this gives the other BIG 10 teams an edge for the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, if the Big Ten needs a new team...
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
awesome. that just made App. States's season
I'm sure a 3rd straight D1-AA championship would be a lot sweeter for them than this win against Michigan
Old 09-01-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahhahahahahaahha, i was tired of hearing them being overhyped anyways.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.

michigan ******* blows...
Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
MI will rebound. I'm certainly not gonna right them off. It's always a tough game with them and Wisconsin, but this gives the other BIG 10 teams an edge for the title.
Yeah. Other teams will study the tape and see how they can stop Michigan, but Michigan also had plenty of opportunities to win the game. If they would've kicked extra points instead of going for two twice they wouldn't have been in the position they were in at the end of the game.

Here's a link. Front page of espn. http://espn.go.com/

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
That was amazing.

Meanwhile mass suicides are happening in Ann Arbor due to this game
and soon to happen in jersey

*about to go purchase a gun*
Old 09-01-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure hope so

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote