Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-01-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
On a final note, App State deserved this game, and Michigan has a lot of work to do. That being said, Michigan is not on a downward spiral or anything. One game does not break a program. We'll be back
App State deserved the game??? I guess anytime a I-AA team plays you, you can say that but cmon, that's a terrible excuse. Even if Michigan has a lot of work to do, App State didn't deserve that game, Michigan should've won.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Div your in has very little to do w/ your school's talent. If it did, Hampton and App St would be I-A. It has more to do w/ stadium size and other factors

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
App State deserved the game??? I guess anytime a I-AA team plays you, you can say that but cmon, that's a terrible excuse. Even if Michigan has a lot of work to do, App State didn't deserve that game, Michigan should've won.
Yes They deserved the game because they WANTED TO WIN THE GAME MORE! Plain and simple, Appalachian State wanted it bad enough, and they took it from Michigan.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Guarandamntee App State could be a mediocre D-1 team. You're telling me two time D-1AA Champs wouldn't beat Duke, Stanford, Army etc....? You know damn well they would. They were fast, and pretty good.
Im sorry, but Duke, Stanford have way better football recruits that go to their schools then App State.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Michigan looked like last year's Notre Dame.
That's so true on many levels. And it's probably the death blow that will finish this team off. Consider yourselves cursed by Jeff Samardzija...
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

mmmMMMMmmmMMMmmm Humble pie for the third straight game in a role...

Carr needs to resign and let Michigan bring in new blood.

If Ron English becomes the head coach I'll kill someone.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What????? I find it hilarious that people feel the need to downplay how great App St. played today. THEY WENT INTO THE BIG HOUSE AND SMACKED THE #5 TEAM IN THE MOUTH. They definitely deserve all the accolades they can get right now. The earned that win, without question.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
That's so true on many levels. And it's probably the death blow that will finish this team off. Consider yourselves cursed by Jeff Samardzija...
What's awesome about Michigan is that even when we suck, we beat Penn State. And since I live in PSU country, that works for me.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
What????? I find it hilarious that people feel the need to downplay how great App St. played today. THEY WENT INTO THE BIG HOUSE AND SMACKED THE #5 TEAM IN THE MOUTH. They definitely deserve all the accolades they can get right now. The earned that win, without question.
I agree with you 100%

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I agree with you 100%
As do I, which is why I posted what I did.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What's awesome about Michigan is that even when we suck, we beat Penn State. And since I live in PSU country, that works for me.
We'll see who beats who this year. As it looks now I dont know if you could beat Appalachian State... oh wait... HA HA.

As for the arguement that ASU is equivalent to a Medicore D-IA Team, they need to look at their last couple of recruiting classes. They have a total of 2 ranked players in the last 5 classes, one of them is a 3 star and the other a 2 star. Dexter JAckson is probably a walk on since he isn't even listed... and Armanti Edwards is a 0 star Athlete on Rivals.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
We'll see who beats who this year. As it looks now I dont know if you could beat Appalachian State... oh wait... HA HA.

As for the arguement that ASU is equivalent to a Medicore D-IA Team, they need to look at their last couple of recruiting classes. They have a total of 2 ranked players in the last 5 classes, one of them is a 3 star and the other a 2 star. Dexter JAckson is probably a walk on since he isn't even listed... and Armanti Edwards is a 0 star Athlete on Rivals.
Talk to me when you beat us more than once every 10 years
Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That wasnt just the worst loss in Michigan history that was probably the worst loss in NCAA football history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Michigan won a bowl game this decade?
What does that have to do with anything he said?

Quote:
I agree with that. Like I said earlier, they had some luck on their side, but App. State actually LOST the turnover battle and still won. That deserves some major props on its own.

And how about the sophomore QB Armanti Edwards? 17-23 for 227 yards through the air and 62 on the ground VERSUS MICHIGAN in front of 100,000. I'd definitely be keeping an eye on this kid if I were an NFL scout.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Last edited by S4L : 09-01-2007 at 09:02 PM.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

All that proves is how inaccurate some of those recruiting services can be. There's a lot of extremely talented kids across the country who were nothing more than a 2 star or less. Armanti Edwards is the perfect example.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
As do I, which is why I posted what I did.
But like I said before you cant say that App State gets better recruits then Duke or Stanford because they dont.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

Sincce when does recruit stars have ANYTHING to do with college football. Have you ever played football before? Once you step on that field anything can happen. It isnt about recruit stars it is about X's and O's and who wants it more.

We were out coached and out played hands down... Watching the highlights thr defensive scheme made me throw up. Who leaves the ******* middle of the field open and lets people pick us apart.....ohh ron english and lloyd carr do.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
But like I said before you cant say that App State gets better recruits then Duke or Stanford because they dont.
Maybe not, but I think they would be a decent small conference team. Of course people are going to take a schollie to a D-1 school over a 1-AA.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree with that. But I bet they could if they were a D1 school. They're obviously doing something right down there in the boonies. Stanford is often limited with recruiting because of their high academic standards.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Talk to me when you beat us more than once every 10 years
Talk to me when you win a BCS Bowl more than once every 20 years. Oh yeah, and the last time we beat Ohio State we went to the Orange Bowl and finished 3rd overall. When was the last time you did either one of those in a season? Oh wait I remember. You finished 3rd in the year you got romped by USC in the Rose Bowl. Welcome to your sad team history.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree with that. But I bet they could if they were a D1 school. They're obviously doing something right down there in the boonies. Stanford is often limited with recruiting because of their high academic standards.
And Duke isnt? So your saying players would rather go to App State then Duke or Stanford??? You must be crazy. Look at Dukes headcoach, and look at some of the players that went to Stanford and where Stanford is located compared to Boone North Carolina.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Talk to me when you win a BCS Bowl more than once every 20 years. Oh yeah, and the last time we beat Ohio State we went to the Orange Bowl and finished 3rd overall. When was the last time you did either one of those in a season? Oh wait I remember. You finished 3rd in the year you got romped by USC in the Rose Bowl. Welcome to your sad team history.
Sad team history? I could have sworn we have more NC, Heisman, Big 10 titles, wins over you, wins over everyone....I'd use that weak excuse too if my team beat yours once every 10 years
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

Sad team history.......I'm not even gonna bring that argument up.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
Sincce when does recruit stars have ANYTHING to do with college football. Have you ever played football before? Once you step on that field anything can happen. It isnt about recruit stars it is about X's and O's and who wants it more.
So a highschool team with a great coach could beat the Colts if they want it more? I'm sorry but that's a load of bull.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
And Duke isnt? So your saying players would rather go to App State then Duke or Stanford??? You must be crazy. Look at Dukes headcoach, and look at some of the players that went to Stanford and where Stanford is located compared to Boone North Carolina.
Not sure what you mean. Duke isn't what? I'm saying that academic standards tie the hands of football programs when it comes to recruiting. Most of the top athletes don't qualify for those schools. I'm saying that a school like App St would without question improve their recruiting with a switch to D1, especially in light of this huge win and the resulting national exposure. Top talent doesn't want to play D1AA.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So a highschool team with a great coach could beat the Colts if they want it more? I'm sorry but that's a load of bull.
thats kinda taking his point to the extreme.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote