Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Elam won't be replacing Roy anytime soon either.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4life View Post
Alan Ball-DB-Cowboys Sep. 2 - 6:03 pm et

Cowboys waived CB Alan Ball and S Abram Elam.
Elam was one of the club's better special teams performers, but Dallas chose Keith Davis over him. Ball, a rookie, could go on the practice team.
Source: Dallas Morning News
Who did we sign instead?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

And more interestingly, doesn't that make our roster at 51? Look for us to make a couple signings real soon. CB and OLB/DE likely.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quentin Moses was picked up by the Cards, so that takes the guy I want off the wire.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The club claimed outside linebacker Justin Rogers, a rookie free agent from SMU who spent training camp with the Patriots, and defensive back Evan Oglesby, a two-year veteran who was recently cut by the Baltimore Ravens.

From the cowboys home site.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Full Article

IRVING, Texas - While the Cowboys made the majority of their roster moves on Saturday by cutting 21 players, including cornerback Aaron Glenn, and putting veteran kicker Martin Gramatica on injured reserve, in no way did it signal an end to the changes.
The Cowboys came back Sunday and claimed two players off waivers from other teams, prompting two more roster cuts.
The club claimed outside linebacker Justin Rogers, a rookie free agent from SMU who spent training camp with the Patriots, and defensive back Evan Oglesby, a two-year veteran who was recently cut by the Baltimore Ravens.
To make room on the 53-man roster, the Cowboys released a pair of defensive backs - safety Abram Elam and rookie cornerback Alan Ball. The club had kept all eight draft picks on the roster before cutting Ball, a seventh-round pick from Illinois.
The Cowboys also formed most of their practice squad on Sunday, signing seven players who have been with the team for the entire training camp and preseason.
The club signed running back Alonzo Coleman, tight end Rodney Hannah, quarterback Richard Bartel, wide receiver Mike Jefferson, linebacker Khari Long, cornerback Quincy Butler and defensive end Marcus Smith. The Cowboys hope to add Ball to the final spot on the practice squad by Monday if he clears waivers.
But missing from the practice squad is a pair of players who were picked up by other teams. Rookie quarterback Matt Moore was claimed off waivers by the Panthers and defensive tackle Remi Ayodele was signed by the Falcons. Also, Arizona signed wide receiver Jerheme Urban, though he was not eligible for the practice squad. Urban joins Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who spent the last three years with the Cowboys, including last season as the team's passing game coordinator.
On Saturday, the Cowboys removed 22 players from the roster, including veteran cornerback Aaron Glenn and kicker Martin Gramatica, who was placed on injured reserve and will likely get an injury settlement for his strained hamstring this week.
The Cowboys also cut outside linebacker Junior Glymph, who had seen extensive playing time in Greg Ellis' absence because of his heel injury. However, the Cowboys obviously see more upside in Rogers, who recorded 11 tackles and two sacks in four preseason games with the Patriots.
Oglesby, who has played both cornerback and safety in his career, should be able to help at both positions, as well as special teams. As an undrafted rookie from North Alabama in 2005, he was signed to the Bills' practice squad before signing with Baltimore later that season. Oglesby had been with the Ravens ever since, playing in all 16 games last year and recording 16 tackles on defense and two pass deflections. In the 2007 preseason with the Ravens, Oglesby had 10 tackles and pass breakup.
Here's a look at this weekend's roster moves:
Sunday's Transactions:
Released:
CB Alan Ball
S Abram Elam
Claimed off Waivers:
LB Justin Rogers (New England)
CB Evan Oglesby (Baltimore)
Signed to Practice Squad:
WR Mike Jefferson
QB Richard Bartel
CB Quincy Butler
DE Marcus Smith
TE Rodney Hannah
RB Alonzo Coleman
LB Khari Long
(Note: WR Jerheme Urban (Ari), DT Remi Ayodele (Atl) and QB Matt Moore (Car) were all claimed off waivers by other teams to the active roster.)
Saturday's Transactions:
Injured Reserve:
K Martin Gramatica Released:
CB Aaron Glenn
LB John Saldi
QB Matt Moore
WR Jerheme Urban
DT Remi Ayodele
WR Mike Jefferson
QB Richard Bartel
CB Quincy Butler
DE Marcus Smith
TE Rodney Hannah
RB Alonzo Coleman
LB Khari Long
OL Matt Tarullo
G Trey Darilek
LB Junior Glymph
WR Damarius Bilbo
CB Joey Thomas
FB Lousaka Polite
LB Blair Phillips
TE Adam Bergen
RB Arliss Beach

Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still bummed that we lost Moore.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

when I was sifting through all the cut players last night I was intrigued by Oglesby and gave him an extra look, but I didn't think the Cowboys would sign him. I guess he is more ready to play now than Ball though. Also he gives us one more guy to look at for punt returns.

Overall I kinda like that signing. I don't really know enough about Rogers though.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I guess Alan Ball isn't doing great things.... ;)
Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There goes rob's take on Jerry's Draft Favoritism Theory.
So he cut one 7th rounder who they want for the PS (Ball) and kept a very medicore Davis who he over paid for last year b/c the Saints wanted him. Elam was an UDFA.

..... and this refutes my point how?

Jerry thinks all his picks are GREAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!

He gets emotionally invested in "his guys." That is why the players who stick with him -- love him. Makes him a great Owner but a horrid GM.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-02-2007 at 10:40 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I guess Elam won't be replacing Roy anytime soon either.
No he won't but Roy still sucks in coverage and is a mediocre SS. Between Davis, Brown, and Watkins -- guess we did not need another Safety, surprise surprise.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-02-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Still bummed that we lost Moore.
.. and bummed we kept noodle arm PUP Johnson.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Glenn cut was shocking. But I think it's safe to say Wade needs size in his corners. He was being hampered all preseason playing his smaller corners 8-10 yards off the ball just so they didn't get abused. Probably should have saw this coming.

I'm gonna have to come out and say I told you so on Nate Jones. The only guy on the team outside of Newman who has experience on the inside. This was a huge factor of keeping him on the team.

Glymph wasn't really getting any better imo...he has looked the same all preseason...our organization realized that and went to a guy with a higher ceiling.

I don't know anything about our pickups however both of those teams have superbowl talent so thats good to know we picked the pot from them.

I think it's safe to say we wanted a corner with playing experience that wasn't too old. We got exactly that.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Glymph wasn't really getting any better imo...he has looked the same all preseason...our organization realized that and went to a guy with a higher ceiling.
And what was the trade-off in your mind??

Not sweating Glymph but I still don't get the Glenn cut.

Glen is the perfect corner to play those Terry Glenn type receivers.

He never should be left on an island with a monster like a CJ or TO.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
So he cut one 7th rounder who they want for the PS (Ball) and kept a very medicore Davis who he over paid for last year b/c the Saints wanted him. Elam was an UDFA.

..... and this refutes my point how?

Jerry thinks all his picks are GREAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!

He gets emotionally invested in "his guys." That is why the players who stick with him -- love him. Makes him a great Owner but a horrid GM.
Is there someone we drafted who you think should not still be on the team? I don't think Jerry is a perfect GM, but he has made enough good moves for me to give him some slack. You're still persecuting him for moves he made in the pre-Parcells era. Hasn't he made up some, yet? Give the guy a break. He's improving.

What GMs are out there cutting all their draft picks, which make them so much better GMs in your mind?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And what was the trade-off in your mind??

Not sweating Glymph but I still don't get the Glenn cut.

Glen is the perfect corner to play those Terry Glenn type receivers.

He never should be left on an island with a monster like a CJ or TO.
I'll give you that Glenn should never cover guys like Roy Williams and Andre Johnson one on one. But I think wade needs a guy who can man up and stop them for the first 5-7 yards. This A) makes a QB move to his other reads or B) makes a QB lock on and thus the safety should be over the top by reading the qb's eyes.

Now I'm not saying this is the best way to run a defense or the worst way...however you can't knock a man for what he wants in his scheme.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Is there someone we drafted who you think should not still be on the team? I don't think Jerry is a perfect GM, but he has made enough good moves for me to give him some slack. You're still persecuting him for moves he made in the pre-Parcells era. Hasn't he made up some, yet? Give the guy a break. He's improving.

What GMs are out there cutting all their draft picks, which make them so much better GMs in your mind?
D-Unit, not sure how else to express it.

A Super Bowl quality teams does not keep its entire draft. Some guys are just duds.

Jerrah, however, falls in love with his players. He just does. He loves his draft picks. He loves his free agents. He loves the veteran guys he gives contracts to.

Why do you think guys like Irvin and Sanders just adore him? The dude is just a real nice guy who throws money around to his dudes.

He is a great owner. But what makes Jerry a bad GM is his track record of not building winning teams when he has his rent-a-coach lackey. He micro manages.

BTW, Owners in the old NFL used to have the same problem. They played the game, owned the team, coached it and eventually thought they could leave the details to their hack coaches and GM and manage the big picture. Paul Brown comes to mind as an owner too involved... and that is he was a great football man. The owner of the Bears was another one. Owners can not be GM. They have different requirements.

To boot Jerry Jones is not a professional quality GM and Player Personnel man. He never learned the craft as someone apprentice. He never learned it in a situation where his opinion was secondary. Where his thoughts where valued but not paramount in the decision making process. The apprentice process makes you good. It teaches you.

Even the smartest teacher can not teach a student when the student pays the teachers salary. The student can pull the plug when his whim changes.

But he is a great Owner.

**** AND PLEASE, leave out Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. Jerry respected them b/c they had track records. So when it came time to make decisions he would be SOMEWHAT more hands off. Regardless, he still had 100% authority to jam players down their throats. TO is one of them.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-03-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A Super Bowl quality teams does not keep its entire draft. Some guys are just duds.

Jerrah, however, falls in love with his players. He just does. He loves his draft picks. He loves his free agents. He loves the veteran guys he gives contracts to.
That's the problem with you. You're ALL speculations, but only the ones you like.
We got our first four round picks, those players are basically a lock for making the team. The only way you cut a 3rd or 4th round pick it's only if you think you made a very bad choice.
So we have Spencer, Marten, Stanback and Free on the team by default.
Then we got Deon Anderson who's playing good, he's a good contributor on special team, and you need another FB on roster, so there's no reason to cut him. Nick Folk made the team because he miss only one kick between TC and preseason, he won his job, he deserved his job. No complaining here.
The last one is Courtney Brown. You think we kept him because Jerry loves his players, you are sure of this. But what if the coaching staff likes him as a future backup? Hamlin is in a contract year, Watkins still have to improve, maybe they like Brown's potential to replace one of these two guys next year.
Alan Ball got cut.

I really don't understand why you are complaining ALL THE TIME. The only reason I see it's because you love to talk trash about Jerry (and calling him "Jerrah" whil it's not even funny).
Really, you said that a super bowl caliber team shouldn't have all of these rookies on the team (but on draft you were complaining - surprise?? - about the future lack of contribution by the players we drafted), but who do you think should have been cut?
Only two of those players will be a starter, one it's Spencer, the other is Folk. Marten and Free won't play this year, Stanback will see some action as the season goes on, Brown will start on special teams and so will do Anderson, while playing some series at FB.

And with the Johnson stuff you're becoming annoying!!! Do you think it would be a good thing to start a season with an UDFA as your primary backup for your QB?! Please!!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Last edited by Modano : 09-03-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cab you please explain to Modano how dumb he sounds?

I have tried but he thinks Jerry Jones is AJ Smith, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick and Bill Walsh rolled into 1.

You said, it. Jerry is keeping his kids. Jerrah';s Kidz.

you dont have to try and beat your point through everyone's head...we got it the first 6 times you posted it...kudos to you if your correct, but so what, is the point really that meaningful?

but I like most others am all for bringing in moses, but i dont want to get my hopes up, he was cut for a reason, but i still like the possibility of playing him at OLB and letting him rush the passer, if anything he should be able to do that pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why do you think guys like Irvin and Sanders just adore him? The dude is just a real nice guy who throws money around to his dudes.

He is a great owner. But what makes Jerry a bad GM is his track record of not building winning teams when he has his rent-a-coach lackey. He micro manages.

BTW, Owners in the old NFL used to have the same problem. They played the game, owned the team, coached it and eventually thought they could leave the details to their hack coaches and GM and manage the big picture. Paul Brown comes to mind as an owner too involved... and that is he was a great football man. The owner of the Bears was another one. Owners can not be GM. They have different requirements.

To boot Jerry Jones is not a professional quality GM and Player Personnel man. He never learned the craft as someone apprentice. He never learned it in a situation where his opinion was secondary. Where his thoughts where valued but not paramount in the decision making process. The apprentice process makes you good. It teaches you.

Even the smartest teacher can not teach a student when the student pays the teachers salary. The student can pull the plug when his whim changes.

But he is a great Owner.

**** AND PLEASE, leave out Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. Jerry respected them b/c they had track records. So when it came time to make decisions he would be SOMEWHAT more hands off. Regardless, he still had 100% authority to jam players down their throats. TO is one of them.

so Jerry is a bad GM now...he's right up there with the lions and texans franchise as far as running our team now huh? please

Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
so Jerry is a bad GM now...he's right up there with the lions and texans franchise as far as running our team now huh? please
Hmmmm, no different problems.

In one instance the Owner thinks he knows as much football as the football people (like Steinbrenner). So he tries to play all roles, when in relaity an organization needs the good guy (Owner) and the bad guy (GM) to keep balance and rationality.

In the other instance, the owners are just buffons who pick GMs and Coaches b/c they are "nice guys." William Clay Ford is most definately a moron with way too much money in a part of the country where he is a god.

Can't believe the TON of Jerry Jones apologists in this forum. You guys all related somehow?? Sometimes things go down like that in Arkansas.

Just bizarre the luv he gets.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Hmmmm, no different problems.

In one instance the Owner thinks he knows as much football as the football people (like Steinbrenner). So he tries to play all roles, when in relaity an organization needs the good guy (Owner) and the bad guy (GM) to keep balance and rationality.

In the other instance, the owners are just buffons who pick GMs and Coaches b/c they are "nice guys." William Clay Ford is most definately a moron with way too much money in a part of the country where he is a god.

Can't believe the TON of Jerry Jones apologists in this forum. You guys all related somehow?? Sometimes things go down like that in Arkansas.

Just bizarre the luv he gets.

Jerry does get love for me, when you look back at the positives he does for dallas they outweigh the negatives....

we have a state of the art stadium that will probably be the best stadium in the NFL for some time, regardless of whats going to be built afterwards...

look back at our percentage of 1st rd hits, aside from spears id say we were pretty much on the money with almost all of those important impact player selections, and look at teams like the lions, how many 1st rd bust do they have...texans?

i guess you think its cool to nitpick and talk about how jerry falls in love with draft picks, WOW...lets over look all the positives he has done for this franchise since he's been here, since him keeping a few late rd draft picks makes all that null and void...

unless you think this is madden, everything isnt going to be perfect in football...you want jerry jones to make all the decisions that YOU think are best, want all the players to play up to your standards, if not, the players are trash and jerry is a horrible owner...

id love for you to point out all the negatives that jerry has done since he's been here, and come up with an argument that proves it outweighs the positives he has done...instead how about not worrying about any little thing you can find, or being a pessimist, and consider yourselves lucky were not run like alot of other horrible teams out there...

last i checked a draft pick jerry has made has never set the franchise back years in terms of trying to recover, he never traded away an entire draft for one player he "fell in love with" and it didnt work out, and when a player is out there and we have the money he actively pursues him in hopes of making us a better team yet he isnt "daniel snyder" in terms of building thru the FA and not the draft...what more can you ask for?

Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

look back at our percentage of 1st rd hits, aside from spears id say we were pretty much on the money with almost all of those important impact player selections, and look at teams like the lions, how many 1st rd bust do they have...texans?
Hey! its the guy parcells wanted @11 (thanks for talking him out of it Jerry!) I love Jerry as an Owner, and while hes made some questionable moves as a GM hes made good moves too.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Jerry does get love for me, when you look back at the positives he does for dallas they outweigh the negatives....

we have a state of the art stadium that will probably be the best stadium in the NFL for some time, regardless of whats going to be built afterwards...

i guess you think its cool to nitpick and talk about how jerry falls in love with draft picks, WOW...lets over look all the positives he has done for this franchise since he's been here, since him keeping a few late rd draft picks makes all that null and void...

unless you think this is madden, everything isnt going to be perfect in football...you want jerry jones to make all the decisions that YOU think are best, want all the players to play up to your standards, if not, the players are trash and jerry is a horrible owner...

id love for you to point out all the negatives that jerry has done since he's been here, and come up with an argument that proves it outweighs the positives he has done...instead how about not worrying about any little thing you can find, or being a pessimist, and consider yourselves lucky were not run like alot of other horrible teams out there...

last i checked a draft pick jerry has made has never set the franchise back years in terms of trying to recover, he never traded away an entire draft for one player he "fell in love with" and it didnt work out, and when a player is out there and we have the money he actively pursues him in hopes of making us a better team yet he isnt "daniel snyder" in terms of building thru the FA and not the draft...what more can you ask for?
Joey Galloway and the rest of his drafts from 1994 to 2003. Most his picks are absolute busts. Dog c r a p. A walk down Jerrah memory lane.....

1995 to 1997 (All Busts)

1998 (Best since Jimmy Johsnon left)
8 Dallas Cowboys Greg Ellis Defensive End Chapel Hill
38 Dallas Cowboys Flozell Adams Tackle Michigan State
100. Dallas - Michael Myers, DT Alabama
138. Dallas - Oliver Ross, T Iowa State

1999 (BUST)
20 Dallas Cowboys, Ebenezer Ekuban Defensive End North Carolina -- 1st
55 Dallas Cowboys Solomon Page Guard West Virginia -- 2nd
85 Dallas Cowboys Dat Nguyen Inside Linebacker Texas A&M -- 3rd
118 Dallas Cowboys Wane McGarity Wide Receiver Texas -- 4th
132 Dallas Cowboys Peppi Zellner Defensive End Fort Valley State -- 4th

2000 (BUST)
49 Dallas Cowboys Dwayne Goodrich Cornerback Tennessee -- 2nd
109 Dallas Cowboys Kareem Larrimore Cornerback West Texas A&M -- 4th
144 Dallas Cowboys Michael Wiley Running Back Ohio State -- 5th

2001 (BUST)
53 Dallas Cowboys, Quincy Quincy Carter Quarterback Georgia -- 2nd
56 Dallas Cowboys, Tony Tony Dixon Strong Safety Alabama -- 2nd
93 Dallas Cowboys Blade, Willie Willie Blade Defensive Tackle Mississippi State -- 3rd
122 Dallas Cowboys, Markus Markus Steele Outside Linebacker Southern California -- 4th
137 Dallas Cowboys Lehr, Matt Matt Lehr Guard Virginia Tech -- 5th

2002 (AVERAGE)
8 Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City) Roy Williams Free Safety Oklahoma
37 Dallas Cowboys Andre Gurode Center Colorado
63 Dallas Cowboys (from Chicago) Antonio Bryant Wide Receiver Pittsburgh
75 Dallas Cowboys (from Kansas City) Derek Ross Cornerback Ohio State
168 Dallas Cowboys (from New England) Pete Hunter Cornerback Virginia Union

Jerrah is a horrid GM. Jerry is a great Owner.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Hey! its the guy parcells wanted @11 (thanks for talking him out of it Jerry!) I love Jerry as an Owner, and while hes made some questionable moves as a GM hes made good moves too.
At least be truthful when mentioning this.

Parcells wanted a DT prospect called Kevin Williams ahead of TNew in 2003 and did not get him. Jerrah picked the 24 year old CB instead. Images of Prime Time dancing in his head in spite of the fact he just hired a 3-4 Zone Coach. (Jerrah!!!)

Parcells needed the DL prospects to go to the 3-4 and 2003 left him nothing. 2004 there was nothing of note once Tommie Harris was picked and Igor Olshansky went in the early 2nd before we took Julius.

So in the 2005 draft, after a ****** 2004 season, we finally committed 3-4 and Parcells was allowed to pick his guys .... for better or worse. Spears was the best 3-4 DL prospect.

So ....