Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, Im kinda on Robert with this one... but not totally.

Our drafts, compared to the better draft teams in the league, are not impressive.

At the same time, we have got some serviceable players.

Robert---most of the teams dont put too much stock in their later picks. We may have had late round picks that didnt contribute that much, but most team's late picks wont play, either.

D-Unit---I am on board with bringing in Jimmy Kennedy. No risk/still some potential.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
or for that matter that Lacewell or whoever has not helped BP in 05/06
I will guarentee Lacewell had VERY little to do with those years?
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
I will guarentee Lacewell had VERY little to do with those years?
How can you "guarentee Lacewell had VERY little to do with" the 05/06 drafts? How do you know? Aren't you just guessing? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Where you not the one going after me for similar reasoning patterns?

Too much. You kids make me laugh. You have much to learn about logic and reasoning.

BTW, I agree Lacewell had little to do with it. Your idiomatic use of "guarentee" is appropriate. Larry's poor track record speaks for itself. He should have been canned long before BP took control of the draft department in 05. That, however, does not mean he did not influence some decisions in some small way.

What the bit Player Personnel flunkies did in those drafts I dunno but Jerrah drove the bus 03 and 04 while Parcells did so in 05 and 06. The type of players chosen, and their purpose, indicate so and it the reason why I "know" or better yet I "guarentee."

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-06-2007 at 10:22 AM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
How can you "guarentee Lacewell had VERY little to do with" the 05/06 drafts? How do you know? Aren't you just guessing? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Where you not the one going after me for similar reasoning patterns?

Too much. You kids make me laugh. You have much to learn about logic and reasoning.

BTW, I agree Lacewell had little to do with it. Your idiomatic use of "guarentee" is appropriate. Larry's poor track record speaks for itself. He should have been canned long before BP took control of the draft department in 05. That, however, does not mean he did not influence some decisions in some small way.

What the bit Player Personnel flunkies did in those drafts I dunno but Jerrah drove the bus 03 and 04 while Parcells did so in 05 and 06. The type of players chosen, and their purpose, indicate so and it the reason why I "know" or better yet I "guarentee."
my bad it was Jan. 06 he retired/got fired, so I will only guarantee for 06. lol

he still does a little for the Cowboys, but it is on his terms from what I hear.

Last edited by fryman : 09-06-2007 at 10:48 AM.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
my bad it was Jan. 06 he retired/got fired, so I will only guarantee for 06. lol

he still does a little for the Cowboys, but it is on his terms from what I hear.
Lacewell was fired in 2005 right after the disasterous 2004 season.

After all of Parcells crying, he finally got his guy (Ireland) and his template for player evaluation implemented..... lo and behold Parcells drafted his precious 3-4 guys and went ......... TA DA ....... 3-4.

My read was 03 was Jerrah's bus in the draft. Jerrah insisted on this before giving Parcells 5MM. Jerrah want BP to be fair to his guys and see what was going to happen. Jerrah tells Parcells no to Kevin Williams (His 3-4 NT) and yes the next Deion Sanders (TNew).

BP coached the 03 team (barely) using the 4-3 and all the pond scum from Jerrah's draft's. Woody was still around, Zimmer knew the 4-3, Carter was not a total loser, and Larry Allen/ Flo played well. I am sure on the margin BP helped the team go 10-6 but that was like some alien team to BP.

Jerrah is ecstatic after 2003. BP goes from 5-11 to 10-6 and playoffs. Next year Jerrah is thinking Stuper Bowl with Quincy "Crack" Carter as his boy.

2004 Draft roles around and Jerrah tells BP, hey man chill, my guys got you to the playoffs, let me handle things. Me and Lacewell got the juice back now that we have a real coach. You da man Bill but butt out.

BP says fine, get me another $5MM check, and I will play along. Jerrah does wheeling and dealing. We get Buffalo's #1 and once again BP's 3-4 D guyz are delayed b/c Jerrah is the man.

2004 is a disaster. Jerrah's boyz all go in the shitter. QC goes crack. Woody goes down permamently. We have Vinny as a starter. Neither D nor O are the same since.

Jan 2005, BP does take over GMing. Lacewell out. 3-4 In. Fergie, Canty, Spears, Ware ...... Bledslow. Patriots 3-4 is the toast of the NFL.

Season 2005 is better. Almost get to the playoffs. Forget Patriots 3-4 -- Now Pittsburgh 3-4. Parcells is given control again by Jerrah.

Draft 2006, BP does a classic BP by picking white guys he likes who eat Salami Sandwiches. 2006 will be better than 2005 in Jerrah's brains. Hell their is even talk of Stuper Bowl with Bledslow by Jerrah.

2006 happens, BP quits (I think he was told, sorry BP, you can't buy the groceries anymore, I hate Carp and Fasano, I love TO).

And that is the story as I would speculate based on all the data and manifested decisions. Can't sya my script is perfect but I give 100% directional acuracy.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-06-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lacewell was fired in 2005 right after the disasterous 2004 season.

After all of Parcells crying, he finally got his guy (Ireland) and his template for player evaluation implemented..... lo and behold Parcells drafted his precious 3-4 guys and went ......... TA DA ....... 3-4.

My read was 03 was Jerrah's bus in the draft. Jerrah insisted on this before giving Parcells 5MM. Jerrah want BP to be fair to his guys and see what was going to happen. Jerrah tells Parcells no to Kevin Williams (His 3-4 NT) and yes the next Deion Sanders (TNew).

I agree Jerry overruled BP on that first rounder, but BP took command of the rest of that draft bringing in his style of players. Al Johnson, Jason Witten, Bradie James, BJ Tucker, Zuriel Smith and Justin Bates. So there was some give and take in that draft. I don't think Jerry ruled it as many assume.

BP coached the 03 team (barely) using the 4-3 and all the pond scum from Jerrah's draft's. Woody was still around, Zimmer knew the 4-3, Carter was not a total loser, and Larry Allen/ Flo played well. I am sure on the margin BP helped the team go 10-6 but that was like some alien team to BP.

I agree it wasn't a BP type team, but he wasn't going to come in and flip it upside down unless they failed. The leaders and veterans on that defense were fits for the 4-3 and installing the 3-4 would have been too drastic. Glover, Ellis, Ekuban, Ngyuen, Coakley weren't getting shipped out with the arrival of BP in his first year.

Jerrah is ecstatic after 2003. BP goes from 5-11 to 10-6 and playoffs. Next year Jerrah is thinking Stuper Bowl with Quincy "Crack" Carter as his boy.

2004 Draft roles around and Jerrah tells BP, hey man chill, my guys got you to the playoffs, let me handle things. Me and Lacewell got the juice back now that we have a real coach. You da man Bill but butt out.

BP says fine, get me another $5MM check, and I will play along. Jerrah does wheeling and dealing. We get Buffalo's #1 and once again BP's 3-4 D guyz are delayed b/c Jerrah is the man.

Yep. Jerry is flying high after '03. There's no way Bill is getting his 3-4 right now after that season. I agree with what you said about everything right there. Defensive players are ignored in the '04 draft taking away Bill's expertise. '04 turns out to be a disaster of a draft because Bill doesn't know how to draft OL.

2004 is a disaster. Jerrah's boyz all go in the shitter. QC goes crack. Woody goes down permamently. We have Vinny as a starter. Neither D nor O are the same since.

Terry Glenn also went down that year. Vinny was brought in to be a back up to Carter initially. Marcellus Wiley was a bust. Jerry didn't want to spend the money on the guy Bill wanted, Bertrand Berry. Right side of the line was a huge mess. Jerry gives up and gives the keys to BP.

Jan 2005, BP does take over GMing. Lacewell out. 3-4 In. Fergie, Canty, Spears, Ware ...... Bledslow. Patriots 3-4 is the toast of the NFL.

Also, Henry, Rivera, Burnett, MB3, Beriault, Petitti, Ratliff join the show. Jerry opens up his wallet after penny pinching the year before and watching Berry become everything Bill wanted and Wiley being a bust.

Season 2005 is better. Almost get to the playoffs. Forget Patriots 3-4 -- Now Pittsburgh 3-4. Parcells is given control again by Jerrah.

Draft 2006, BP does a classic BP by picking white guys he likes who eat Salami Sandwiches. 2006 will be better than 2005 in Jerrah's brains. Hell their is even talk of Stuper Bowl with Bledslow by Jerrah.

Bill realizes how old he is and starts reflecting on the good 'ole times and drafts players in hopes that he can keep the fun of coaching alive... Carpenter (close ties to Bobby's dad), Fasano (good ole Jersey kid that reminds him of Mark Bavaro), Hatcher (the next Harry Carson)...

2006 happens, BP quits (I think he was told, sorry BP, you can't buy the groceries anymore, I hate Carp and Fasano, I love TO).

2006 happens, but Bill loses fun even after bringing in guys that remind him of old times. He sees the transformation complete. The future of the team is bright as ever. There are no glaring needs heading into the '07 draft. He does what he has always done where ever he went... NYG, NE, NJ... Turning teams around in his image... and rides off into the sunset.

And that is the story as I would speculate based on all the data and manifested decisions. Can't sya my script is perfect but I give 100% directional acuracy.
My comments in bold.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

OK, Carson compared to Hatcher??? BP wanted Bertrand Berry?

Maybe, Doubt it.

But I always said (ALWAYS) that this was not BP's team till 2005.

I got killed for that. I mean killed totally.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, Carson compared to Hatcher??? BP wanted Bertrand Berry?

Maybe, Doubt it.

But I always said (ALWAYS) that this was not BP's team till 2005.

I got killed for that. I mean killed totally.
Not by me, you didn't.

I do think Parcells did help this team from Day 1 when he took office, but the team wasn't a true Parcells team until '05.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not by me, you didn't.

I do think Parcells did help this team from Day 1 when he took office, but the team wasn't a true Parcells team until '05.
I can't see who would disagree with that.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Well, I heard was Year 4, no Super Bowl, everything if boring, Parcells failed, hire Bil Cowher.

Just felt he needed another 2 years to turn the roster and drill "performance" into the tiny brains of some of our players.

Ehhhh, still get depressed thinking about the staff we lost from last year.

With all respect to Garret and Wade, they have lots to prove in terms of improving the ship and keeping it going in the right direction.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well, I heard was Year 4, no Super Bowl, everything if boring, Parcells failed, hire Bil Cowher.

Just felt he needed another 2 years to turn the roster and drill "performance" into the tiny brains of some of our players.

Ehhhh, still get depressed thinking about the staff we lost from last year.

With all respect to Garret and Wade, they have lots to prove in terms of improving the ship and keeping it going in the right direction.
I wish Parcells was still here, but at the same time, I like the direction we chose as an alternate. Of course I wanted Mike Singletary as the HC and Phillips as the DC, but oh well. I've never been one to dwell in misery for the past.