Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-01-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cut List:

OL - Frank Omiyale, P.J. Alexander, Bo Lacy and Kurt Quarterman

RB - Arlen Harris and Justin Vincent

LB - Travis Williams and John Leake

DB - Tony Franklin and Brent Grimes

WR -
Vincent Marshall, Eric Weems, Otis Amey and Noriaki Kinoshita

TE - Daniel Fells and George Cooper

DL -
Nic Clemons, Paul Carrington, Darrell Shropshire and Tommy Jackson

K - Billy Cundiff

Also Allen Rossum was traded to Pittsburgh.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-01-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
OL - Frank Omiyale, P.J. Alexander, Bo Lacy and Kurt Quarterman

LB - Travis Williams and John Leake

DB - Tony Franklin and Brent Grimes

WR - Noriaki Kinoshita

TE - Daniel Fells and George Cooper

DL - Paul Carrington, Darrell Shropshire and Tommy Jackson

K - Billy Cundiff

Also Allen Rossum was traded to Pittsburgh.

What did we get from Pitt?

Also I'm surprised to see Cundiff go. Who comes in now?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A late round draft selection in '08. Rossum being traded, along with the team only keeping two Quarterbacks, means that Atlanta should add another QB soon.

As for the kicking situation it is going to be Matt Prater's job. He certainly has the leg strength.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Prater...the guy we used last night who has a monster leg...nearly cleared the net from 45. He pulled a 44, but I heard the hold was bad...dunno about that...nailed a 43 too. And was putting teams 5 yards deep into the endzone on kickoffs.

From Pitt...we get a draft pick...which at this point is undisclosed.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys. I was assuming it would be a 7th rounder, just wanted to make sure.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Ed Hartwell couldn't even make the Bengals and they have lousy linebackers. LOL

Old 09-01-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That injury must have been a lot worse than any of us could have imagined it being for him. Sad day, I really was kinda excited when we landed him...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Shiver correct me if im wrong but on the falcons roster LB Travis Williams is still there. I'm probably wrong but just letting you know
Old 09-01-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
That injury must have been a lot worse than any of us could have imagined it being for him. Sad day, I really was kinda excited when we landed him...
I was ******* pumped...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Guys, stop and think what its going to be like not seeing 5"7 cbs going up against 6"4 WRs and giving them a 10 yard cushion and still missing the tackle.
No more "webby" and now, no more "rossy", the KR role will hardly miss a beat with Jennings and Norwood and now we have a CB Antoine Harris who is 6"0 240 (yes thats right 240) who should be far better should we get injuries at CB.

I cant belive Monavous Staley made the team and Jackson and Shropshire didnt. Those guys were there all offseason and Stanley has been there for 2 weeks or less

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 09-01-2007 at 07:56 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Shiver correct me if im wrong but on the falcons roster LB Travis Williams is still there. I'm probably wrong but just letting you know
I just copied and pasted what I read on AJC and Rotoworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Guys, stop and think what its going to be like not seeing 5"7 cbs going up against 6"4 WRs and giving them a 10 yard cushion and still missing the tackle.
No more "webby" and now, no more "rossy", the KR role will hardly miss a beat with Jennings and Norwood and now we have a CB Antoine Harris who is 6"0 240 (yes thats right 240) who should be far better should we get injuries at CB.
Rossum has been long overdue for this. He isn't even that good of a RS.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
I just copied and pasted what I read on AJC and Rotoworld.

Rossum has been long overdue for this. He isn't even that good of a RS.
lol dude you missed the whole point, we have a 240lb CB, he is heavier than Robert Mathis, DE of the Colts. If he pressed the WR at the line he will flat out push the WR over
Old 09-01-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

He's our 5th CB...don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him over Rossy, but I hope he doesn't even see the field other than ST on which he is a beast.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Fells a lot. More than Milner and probably Blakley. Carrington, Jackson, Shropshire, and Marshall I also liked.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Carrington and Marshall I liked a lot...
Old 09-01-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah milner shouldnt have made the team. and carrington > mallard. shroppy and tj were beasts.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Nah i didnt like Shropshire. Id of picked TJackson instead of Montavious Stanley seeing as he has only been with us for a week, he either must of shown immense promise or Petrino must be hoping he will go back to his Loiusville days.

Milner over Fells baffles me too, if Fells has the same amount of passes his way in the preseason i gaurentee he comes up with more catches than Milner. Football politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
He's our 5th CB...don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him over Rossy, but I hope he doesn't even see the field other than ST on which he is a beast.
I agree in theory, but last year i thought "i dont care about Rossom not being able to cover, he is the #5 CB anyway, he will never see the feild" but it happened and it was heart breaking to watch mediocore QB's throwing bad passes to bad WR and looking like all stars and getting 1st down after first down simply by throwing at Rossum. This year at least we have a guy that can tackle them if they catch the ball on him

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 09-02-2007 at 01:39 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty surprised with the releases of Fells, Shrop, and Tommy Jackson. Very surprising, in my opinion.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually guys our 5th CB is Jimmy or Crocker.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am pretty surprised with the releases of Fells, Shrop, and Tommy Jackson. Very surprising, in my opinion.

I was surprised about Fells, I heard he had impressed the coaching staff. Obviously Milner had a built in advantage being a 4th round draft pick.

Shropshire and Tommy Jackson have never impressed me. They were Mora and Donatell's pet project D-Lineman. It's no surprise to me that Petrino replaced them with two new project D-Lineman in Stanley and Lewis.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was surprised about Fells, I heard he had impressed the coaching staff. Obviously Milner had a built in advantage being a 4th round draft pick.

Shropshire and Tommy Jackson have never impressed me. They were Mora and Donatell's pet project D-Lineman. It's no surprise to me that Petrino replaced them with two new project D-Lineman in Stanley and Lewis.
Very true, but Milner didnt seem to impress at all during Preseason. I was really looking forward to seeing Fells play. Oh well. Maybe Milner can learn to catch and become decent.

Wasnt Ben Patrick available when we took Milner?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cut Sneiling and Beck today

Patrick was drafted in the 7th round
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
We cut Sneiling and Beck today

Beck was an experiment that just didn't work, sadly. He had his shot last pre-season when Hartwell was hurt to step up, rather than doing so he forced the team to move Keith Brooking back over to MLB.

Snelling is surprising. What is the team's plan for short yardage? Are they planning on acquiring anyone?

Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Artus (?) Pinner, I read it on AJC
Old 09-03-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Oh, that guy. He had a 125 yard, 3-TD game last year. He can't be that bad for a #3.