Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Spears Benching Countdown

I saw the Vikings game and Marcus just looks awful. He has no explosion and lacks power it seems. He seems to almost run on his tippy toes dancing around like a girl.

So, I predict he rides the pines by game 8.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-02-2007 at 04:44 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
I saw the Vikins game and Marcus just looks awful. He has no explosion and lacks power it seems. He seems to almost run on his tippy toes dancing around like a girl.

Good call. I've said all along our DL is the weakest unit on the team. I won't be surprised to see Canty on the bench sometime this season either. Jay Ratliff on the other hand, that guy produces.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
I saw the Vikings game and Marcus just looks awful. He has no explosion and lacks power it seems. He seems to almost run on his tippy toes dancing around like a girl.

Benched after game 5 if he cant do anything against mediocre QBs. Thats my prediction.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this definitley isn't an "if it will happen" its a "when it will happen." I say it will happen before the bye week
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is...Spears was playing deep into the second half...we aren't the only people noticing his need to improve.

Another thing I noticed was that he really wasn't part of the defense on the sidelines. Furgy and Hamlin were the show. The defensive first teamers all interacted for the most part but Spears wasn't a guy I saw around the defensive side much. I found that somewhat shocking.

Canty won't be seeing the bench this year D. He is the part in every sense of the word. He is very impressive in person and on the field. He may not be getting the sacks but watch him over the course of the game...he is a stud.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Funny thing is...Spears was playing deep into the second half...we aren't the only people noticing his need to improve.

Another thing I noticed was that he really wasn't part of the defense on the sidelines. Furgy and Hamlin were the show. The defensive first teamers all interacted for the most part but Spears wasn't a guy I saw around the defensive side much. I found that somewhat shocking.

Canty won't be seeing the bench this year D. He is the part in every sense of the word. He is very impressive in person and on the field. He may not be getting the sacks but watch him over the course of the game...he is a stud.
Carp took every snap I think including ST. He looked exhausted and played tentative I think. More react, defending the middle v. the pass. Not active in the run D.

He seemed to be playing the Donnie Edwards role but honestly I could not really tell how that plays out. He was calling the signals and stuff.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a reason you quoted that post?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Is there a reason you quoted that post?
Nope. No reason whatsoever.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nope. No reason whatsoever.
Just an fyi....you push quote to reply to what the person said...:O

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Just an fyi....you push quote to reply to what the person said...:O
Ya got that. I usually just press the "Quote" button on the screen to avoid scrolling down. Carpal. Then I delete all the crap.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree on Canty, he was good as a rookie and I think he will be a very improved player. But the other one I think will start alongside him is Jason Hatcher. He's the real deal.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:24 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Game 4.......
Old 09-03-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Hatcher has 2 knee braces...he hasn't looked 100% since his injury either.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hatcher has 2 knee braces...he hasn't looked 100% since his injury either.
But still he was able to rush from the edge in the Vikings game.. I think he will be 100% soon, and he will push for a starting job.

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
But still he was able to rush from the edge in the Vikings game.. I think he will be 100% soon, and he will push for a starting job.
Spears playing deep into the second half was a dead give away that his job isn't secure as most outsiders think.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to remember, Spears--even at his worst--is still a force against the run. He was a big reason for our staunch run D the last two years, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind this pre season.

That said, it boggles the mind that a guy who was thought to have so much potential could be as pedestrian as he has been up to this point. I mean, we got him at 20, but the guy was rated between 10 and 16 in just about everyone's pre draft rankings. He was supposed to be a dominant force either inside or outside, in a 3-4 or a 4-3. He has always worked hard. He doesn't have any character concerns. He seems fairly intelligent. It just doesn't compute. The only explanation is that he just isn't that good....but then why did everyone like him so much?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
You have to remember, Spears--even at his worst--is still a force against the run. He was a big reason for our staunch run D the last two years, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind this pre season.
Which is why we should see if he can convert to NT. He just doesn't have that burst but seems strong enuff to withstand linemen at the POA.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm glad you know the solution to every problem. You're obviously smarter than any NFL coach on the Dallas Cowboys..

Anthony Henry should play FS.
Carp should have stayed outside.
Spears should play the nose.
We shouldn't have traded up for Spencer...
Our ILB's would consist of the big three...Burnett who is always hurt and some other scrub. Maybe your man Saldi.
We would have drafted Rice in your opinion...which means Austin is off the team.

Your ideas might work in theory...but bottomline is they are madden dreams in real life.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-04-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

As I said, distortions b/c you don't wish to understand let me address the points jerk. (Because only a jerk willfully distorts another man's position to score cheap idiotic points)

Quote:
I'm glad you know the solution to every problem. You're obviously smarter than any NFL coach on the Dallas Cowboys.

Not saying I am smarter than anyone. Saying PLAYER PERSONNEL MOVES DON'T MAKE SENSE. Saying Jerrah is a HORRIBLE GM.

Quote:
Anthony Henry should play FS.
It was brought up as a solution by the Coaching staff in Spring instead of the Hamlin decision. So go talk to them. I just mentioned it first.

Quote:
Carp should have stayed outside.
Well, his best game last season was Seattle at SOLB. So, WTF? Move im back inside where now people are saying he sucks???? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Spears should play the nose.
No stupid, if Spears can not make it at DE (which we all think he can't) we should try to move him to NT since we don't have any back-up talent.

He has the physique to do it. Does he have the spirit and heart. I dunno. As is we are backed up in starting quality DE (Hatcher).

Quote:
We shouldn't have traded up for Spencer.
You got it. Kept 2 twos and gone WR and DB or similar. Carp would be the starter at SOLB and would not be deciding whether he should play here or there.

Quote:
Our ILB's would consist of the big three...Burnett who is always hurt and some other scrub. Maybe your man Saldi.
So are you telling me Ayodele, James and Burnett are not a good ILB tandem with Saldi on the PS? This may be your least idiotic point because you don't make a point. What alternative is on that list for me to choose from??

Quote:
We would have drafted Rice in your opinion...which means Austin is off the team.
Another idiotic distortion. First, no Stanback Experiment so ........ Second Austin and Rice look like a nice 1/2 option given last week's preseason game. See that TD catch by Rice????????? Two guys 20 and 22 of age.

So, try again and try to do so without distorting my points. None (NOT FING ONE) is "Madden." So keep repeating Madden every time to make yourself feel better.

I will tell you Madden .... Madden is you telling us Zbikowski is anything but another over-rated shoe shine athlete from Notre Dame. NOW THAT IS MADDEN.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-04-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Madden is you telling us Zbikowski is anything but another over-rated shoe shine athlete from Notre Dame.
Zbikowski is an upgrade over Keith Davis which is all that I said last year. He for sure would have stuck on the team unlike your boy Abram Elam who has since departed. Not only would Zbikowski allow us a younger option than Davis in the secondary he would also give us that unfindable punt returner. Since we haven't had one since deion left. I still think it's a good pick.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-04-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I still think it's a good pick.
And now we are back to reality. You think. I think.

Not much "fact" to support your point. Just thoughts and hopes and aspirations.

I think Tony Romo will continue to be turn over prone until he improves his footwork in the pocket.

You think Zbikowski is better than Davis.

Only time will tell.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

And with respect to Abram Elam I stated that a) He was better in coverage than Roy Williams, b) He would never be given the shot ahead of Roy for obviou$$$$$ reason, and c) Roy was better in run support.

A separate and interesting point made by BBD was the he felt Watkins was a better SS prospect than FS ... which I think is interesting if looking for a "no Roy" secondary.

BTW, wasn't Elam a ND guy who got booked on rape and tossed off the team?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

No props on Rice for me Thule?

Got ripped for saying Rice could be a 1.

Looks better than Williamson in MN.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
And with respect to Abram Elam I stated that a) He was better in coverage than Roy Williams, b) He would never be given the shot ahead of Roy for obviou$$$$$ reason, and c) Roy was better in run support.

A separate and interesting point made by BBD was the he felt Watkins was a better SS prospect than FS ... which I think is interesting if looking for a "no Roy" secondary.

BTW, wasn't Elam a ND guy who got booked on rape and tossed off the team?
The problem is that you don't have any reason to say that Elam is better in coverage than Roy. You said that Elam could have been a better SS than Roy if given the opportunity. And why you said that? Because of two preseasons where Elam barely played outside of ST.
Elam, when he played - and he played against 3rd stringers, was late in the few passes that came his way.
This is the problem with you, you take something like 10 snaps and make a statement. Roy Williams played two quarters in the first three preseason games (I didn't see the last one), Keith Davis replaced him in the second half, and Elam played a few snaps in the fourth quarter. And still, he was late both in run support and in coverage. I don't want to go and watch the tapes again, but off the top of my head I don't remember a single play in which Elam did something.
So, how can you say that he could have been better than Roy Williams? Only because you dislike Roy.

In Bob We Trust

Old 09-04-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
No props on Rice for me Thule?

Got ripped for saying Rice could be a 1.

Looks better than Williamson in MN.
Is a big deal looking better than Williamson?
You said that Rice should have contributed this year, with catching high balls in the endzone and give us a new dimension, or something like that. Do I remember it correctly?
Redzone offense is the last thing we need. Owens, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Fasano, Glenn. We havea lot of guys that can score, Owens and Barber last year combined for over 30 TD's. So why we need another redzone threat?
We can find a better WR than Rice in next year's draft.

In Bob We Trust