Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-26-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like i'm saying this every week but this is a must win. If we win we have a pretty managable path to the playoffs, not easy but managable, with two home games where we looked strong all season and an away game with the lions needing to be won, which leaves us with a game in chicago that is tough. That being said this game is just vital, not only cause its a tough one and we need the but also the win is quite essential in all kinds of tiebreaker procedures, I have a feeling that one of the NFC's 10-6 teams is gonna drop out so lets make sure where not that team.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched this one in CA. Glad we won because i was watching with a bunch of childhood friends and they all know I am now a Saints fan.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
This is the perfect time for the Saints to get hot..3 divisional games down the stretch
Damn straight, this could be the turn around point,

Old 11-30-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

This is all I can say right now.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many fricking penalties did we have today?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

If you had a different coach....you would have won....that is all.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure about all that. I am sure that I am tired of his ******* playcalling though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so close, I actually thought the team put a decent effort out there today, the playcalling really is another story though

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-30-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton really has got to go for you guys. That reverse on fourth down, when the conditions were still good was an absolutely brutal call
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to see the game (they aired NYG @ WAS in Norway), but this was really a tough loss. Now we have to win out to have a chance to reach the playoffs :(

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I don't even know what to say.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll copy and paste some of the stuff I said in the Week 13 Discussion Thread.

"I agree with Banner on this. We have talent on the team. Sure, we need help at some positions but we haven't been able to do anything with Payton aside from his first year when he confused everyone with smoke and mirrors.

As far as the needs you listed, Stinchcomb is playing a lot better at RT than he did last year (and I was a very harsh critic of his).
At RB we have Pierre Thomas who should be the featured back and Bush and Deuce the complimentary backs. He's shown he's more than capable of handling the load, of catching out of the backfield, and of being able to run between the tackles.
Yes, we do need another DT but for the most part it's our rotation. We could use another DT to play alongside Ellis, but our rotation needs work.
WLB desperately needs an upgrade because Scott Shanle is garbage.
SLB is set, Fujita is the man.
And the secondary needs an overhaul. Roman Harper is a great extra linebacker and I'd like to see some defensive plays drawn up just for him since I can see him being an "X" factor on D. FS we desperately need help at. Something like the 46 that Rob Ryan drew up in Chicago yet different.

The problem with the Saints is defensive scheme, offensive play calling, and the mindset of the coaches. We need a new coaching staff, or if we decide to keep Payton as the HC, then we need an OC that calls the plays and not Payton."

I'm becoming less of a fan of Payton's as the season goes on. I wasn't a fan of hiring to begin with but have been giving him a shot and right now I'm not happy with his play-calling or insistence on feeding Reggie the ball.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
or insistence on feeding Reggie the ball.
Huge problem. Let him be an explosive compliment.

Not the focal point.

There are ways to get him the ball eight to ten times per game other than swing passes and trick ****.

PR/KR/screen/some carries/SLOT!

The gimmicky garbage would get to me. It's almost predictable.

His presence on the field is enough to change the defense drastically, why not let him do that and create opportunities for others?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 12-01-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Huge problem. Let him be an explosive compliment.

Not the focal point.

There are ways to get him the ball eight to ten times per game other than swing passes and trick ****.

PR/KR/screen/some carries/SLOT!

The gimmicky garbage would get to me. It's almost predictable.

His presence on the field is enough to change the defense drastically, why not let him do that and create opportunities for others?
Exactly my point. If they use him like Philadelphia uses Brian Westbrook then he'd be outstanding.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 14: Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (8-4) @ New Orleans Saints (6-6)

The playoffs starts now. With a 6-6 record and last place in the division, this is the game. If we lose this, our season is basically over. We can, maybe, overcome a loss outside the division and still make the playoffs, all though it's highly unlikely.

Share your thoughts about the game.

Signature made by me

Old 12-04-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I hope we don't lose by two touchdowns at home like we did when we played in Atlanta. We won't be without Bush this game, but counter that with not having Will Smith and - well it could very well spell the end of our play-off hopes. We'll be on the short end of the pass rush stick as it is. I'm hoping we find a way to put some pressure on Ryan.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I just found out that the network airing NFL games in Norway has decided to air the Saints game out of all the early games this Sunday :D

Signature made by me

Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

i feel happy about the result. The defense going hot and cold all the time was a bit tiring but we grinded out a result that we needed.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Thank God we won that game.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default Week 15: New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears

Week 15: New Orleans Saints (7-6) @ Chicago Bears (7-6)

Another week, another must-win. To have a chance to reach the playoffs we have to win out. Simple as that.

Remaining schedule: Chicago, Detroit and Carolina.

Signature made by me

Old 12-10-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

well the first thing i want to share is how pleasantly suprised i am that we finally seem to have our kicking situation in order, both hartley and pakulak seem to be playing really well. the second thing is we have to win, gotta win, its as simple as that. We've gotta win out and then hope for the best. Looking just at the east and our own division rivals:
Out of Reach NYG
As good as out of reach Car (gonna win from denver this week which will make them out of reach)
Tampa has @ATL and then host San Diego and Oakland. but even when they lose 2 their conference record would still be better than ours so go tampa vs Atlanta.
Dallas hosts the giants and baltimore before they end their season in Philly. As long as their only loss isnt to baltimore the Strength of victory comes to play.
Atlanta: If they are so kind as to lose to Tampa we are past them if we win out due to the conference record. Otherwise we should hope for Minnesota cause I cant see them losing at home to the rams.
Philly:cle @was dal, they need to drop a game but please let it be agains cleveland. If they lose only that one they I'll root for them next year and treat them extra nice in my mocks.
Redskins: At Cincy Phi @ SF, cant see them losing to the bengals but the way they are playing they can easily drop another one in the other two (pref. SF)
Chicago: well we play them so when we win out we'll be rid of them.

Our conference record is killing us but after this week we should know a lot more. For us to have a good shot at making it this week the following things need to happen in my mind:
- We need to win.
- The Giants have to beat the cowboys
- Tampa needs to beat Atlanta.
- And I'd like for Cleveland to pull an upset.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-10-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...c_10_prac.html

Jammal Brown will be out for the game.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

/season :(
No seriously we should just play Vilma little enough to keep our draft pick. I dont wanna come across bitter or anything but we should just play potential future starters along the way now. Give Strief playing time, Carl Nicks could be tested as a RT perhaps and maybe even try and give either dunbar or mitchell a shot at playing wlb.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I can't say I disagree, to get beat by the kicker- not a good thing.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default Week 16: New Orleans Saints @ Detroit Lions

Week 16: New Orleans Saints (7-7) @ Detroit Lions (0-14)

Our season ended last Thursday night in Chicago, but there are still two meaningless games to play (not taking draft position into consideration). The Lions are still without a W, but played pretty well against a good Colts team. Hopefully we won't be the team that loses to them.

Signature made by me