Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have this bad feeling that the Lions first win will come against us.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I have this bad feeling that the Lions first win will come against us.
If they do, I will cry like a baby girl.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
If they do, I will cry like a baby girl.
I wouldn't be opposed to bombing the last two games to improve our draft position. The higher we draft the more we can charge for trading back.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-16-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also have a bad feeling about this game. The Lions have more to play for.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saying passing plays every down just to help and let brees get that record

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to bombing the last two games to improve our draft position. The higher we draft the more we can charge for trading back.
I'd rather beat Detroit.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont want to be the team that spoils detroits perfect season. Their quest for perfectino has been so entertaining thusfar.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-19-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I also have a bad feeling about this game. The Lions have more to play for.
That could go both ways. Do you think the Saints want to be the ones known for letting the Lions out of their "No-No" season.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Well, that was a blow out.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised we didn't lose.

Losing to a historically bad team is something the Saints do. They just..do.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 17: Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Week 16: Carolina Panthers (11-4) @ New Orleans Saints (8-7)

Another meaningless game for us, but the Panthers need a win. An interesting fact is that I believe no NFC South team has lost a division game at home this season.

Share your thoughts about the game.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a must win game for you guys. You know if Saints dont win here, they break NFC-South's streak of last-to-first. If you guys want to win the division next year, gotta win right here.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
This is a must win game for you guys. You know if Saints dont win here, they break NFC-South's streak of last-to-first. If you guys want to win the division next year, gotta win right here.
Yeah although it feels weird that we have to win for us to be able to go last to first. On the other hand I really wouldnt mind losing.
Lets just play enough young guys that can gain some valuable experience and if we happen to come out on top thats even better. That or just pass it every down to get brees that record.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-24-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

A win plus 402 yards be Brees would be great.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

come on saints i picked you guys over the panthers as my upset game
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

We'll try not to disappoint.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'd love for us to win but I pointed out in the gameday thread why I think we'll lose.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lets keep that home record of NFC South vs NFC South alive. I mean, if Atlanta loses to the Rams at home somehow, then Carolina deserves the division like theyve lead all year

Go Falcons

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well they kinda didnt have the lead all year. They took it from the bucs when they beat them at home.

And diab, stop being so negative, you guys will win.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-27-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post

And diab, stop being so negative, you guys will win.
Bos, would you please e-mail John Fox and tell him that. He acted like he hadn't heard anything about it when we had lunch together today.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Bos, would you please e-mail John Fox and tell him that. He acted like he hadn't heard anything about it when we had lunch together today.
Well did you put something in his drink?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-28-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, my ****.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Well, he came close

but the Saints are still the Saints so we lost.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

well that was a great game. Best of luck next year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Saints Pre-Season Thread

Started off the pre-season with a 17-7 victory over the Bengals. Any thoughts so far? I only was able to watch the first half, and saw some highlights but I'll share some.

Overall I thought there were some things that were very encouraging... some disappointments but the overall reaction was positive in my opinion.

I'll start with the good.

- Defense definitely had a different vibe, they looked aggressive and active. They gave up some yardage which does concern me, but they made the opposing WRs earn their yards for the most part, and put some hits on them.

- It's great to have a leader like Jon Vilma on Defense, he was the star on that side of the ball tonight making plays all over the field. Hustling to recover a fumble and he almost returned it all the way, making a great Interception on 3rd down.... (although the called fumble at the end of that play was incorrect I believe)

- Robert Meachem impressed me, he has the opportunity to step up this season and make some noise.. he has the speed to blow by Defenders like we saw on the 64 yard TD pass.. but more impressive I thought was the catch in the first quarter where he laid his body out along the sidelines to make the toe tapping catch, and still hold onto the ball after taking a good lick.

- Seems like Brees is developing that explosive connection with Shockey... Shockey made some big time plays. I think and hope that he will prove this season he was worth the trade.

alright now onto the bad...

- I'll start off by saying the Officiating was very sketchy I don't know if it was the Officials not wanting to overturn calls in the Pre-season or not.. but I thought both of the reviews they upheld ended up being the wrong calls. I thought Vilma regained control of the football before his arm hit the ground, and it clearly showed Ochocinco's foot out of bounds after Grant clipped him along the sidelines.

- Hartley missing that first 20 yard Field goal makes me nervous. He did later redeem himself by making a 54 yarder.

- There were good signs with the Defense but there were also some causes for concern... even with some pressure the Secondary gave up some chunks of yardage in the air because they were not playing their Receivers tight, giving them too much of a cushion at times. Also we gave up a little more than I would've liked to their 1st string ground game, when their power personnel was in.

- Jason David stood out again not in a good way. Just not sure if he has the Physical tools to be an effective Corner on the field, there were some plays where we had pressure on both Palmer, and O'Sullivan and Jason David still ended up giving up plays...

- With the amount of rushes Pierre, and Reggie got we can't really make an informed judgment on the 1st team running game but from the limited snaps they got our running game did not make much of an impact. Still worried about our short yardage game. Will we be able to pick up those 1-2 tough yards on 3rd or 4th & shorts?

Overall a solid start to the pre-season.

Last edited by Auron : 08-15-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote