Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-06-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't handle too many more games like that. Sweet Jesus, I am amazed we pulled that out. Someone put Shaun Suisham on the payroll.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still trying to figure out between this win, and the Miami game which was more of an epic comeback... I would prefer them not to play games like this but all things considered it's great to actually Clinch the Division with a win this season.

I have a lot of thoughts on this game but I'll write it up later.. In short though the Defensive Injuries finally caught up with us in a game.. it was only a matter of time before some team exploited our Secondary with our top 3 Cornerbacks out. Jenkins although he had 2 very solid games in Tampa, and vs New England.. he showed today that he's still a rookie and has a lot of learning left to do... While McKenzie, and McAlister still have to get back up to the speed of the game.

My only really big concern going forward... is that for the first time this year I felt we truly could not establish the Run at all.. we tried to run the ball... but we just couldn't period. I'm not sure how much of that was Haynesworth, and the Redskins Front 7 dominating.... and how much was our O-line coming up short.. probably a mix but we had to rely on Brees' arm far more then necessary in a game where the conditions outside favored us to run. Thankfully that #9 guy is pretty darn good... but this must be fixed for the playoffs.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win, we fcking suck and refuse to win. Still though I had to laugh watching your defense today because it was giving me flashbacks of Greg Williams as our DC.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd think in a week where we are struggling, Thomas+Bush would have more than 7 total carries, less than half of what Mike Bell got.

I know he likes to keep the ball moving around, but when Bell is being so thoroughly stymied, mix it up a little more.... you're not doing yourself any favors by benching possibly your two most dangerous weapons.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Congrats on the win, we fcking suck and refuse to win. Still though I had to laugh watching your defense today because it was giving me flashbacks of Greg Williams as our DC.
With fairness to Gregg Williams', we were down three of our top CBs and our starting OLB. It was only a matter of time before those injuries finally took their toll on our defense.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
With fairness to Gregg Williams', we were down three of our top CBs and our starting OLB. It was only a matter of time before those injuries finally took their toll on our defense.
I agree. Couple that with the low that follows such an emotiona high (beating NE) this was going to be a tough week.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win u guys rock we suck
Old 12-07-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Congrats on the win u guys rock we suck
yet you guys outplayed us

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are numerous factors you can attribute to our Poor Defensive performance. First and foremost the players just were not used to playing in the Cold weather, with those field conditions. Lets face it we're just not a Cold weather team, we play most of our games in a Dome... So you have to expect some kind of adjustment especially playing with such poor field conditions. There was heavy precipitation the night before the game, and the field was slick, torn up, and contributed to some poor footing.

I thought they picked on Jenkins, which was expected as a Rookie.. and also Mike McKenzie... he played a great game vs. New England.. maybe above his head, but he came back down to earth this week and struggled big time. He missed some tackle opportunities, and just in general looked like a guy who had not played football in a while... he was even benched at one point in the game. (Prioleau took snaps from him in Nickel towards the end) In general our Tackling was poor, the Redskins used a lot of crossing routes, and quick passes out to the flats in the Redzone, and our guys were slow getting to the ball, and had poor tackling attempts. You can attribute part of it to field conditions, part of it to missing guys with Injury but the bottom line is you can't give up gimme points like that.

Scott Fujita's absence was also very notable. He's a very smart, veteran Linebacker and it shows when he's out... Dunbar, and Evans just aren't at his level.... a lot of those short underneath routes, and Tight End receptions would be better contested with Fujita in. Not too mention he does a lot better job of staying at Home, and covering the backside of run plays....

Despite the great job Greg Williams has done scheming this year, there was going to be a game where our injuries would be exploited... we just didn't expect it to happen against a Washington team who's Offense struggled all season.. but eh they've been playing hard, and who else would better understand how Greg Williams would attack then Jason Campbell and the guys who played on the other side of Williams while he was in Washington.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk what to think about this game. I just watched it today. It was very sloppy defensively for the Saints. I understand that this was a short week and that the monday night game was most likely emotionally draining but i'm starting to get the feeling that we play down to those weaker opponents and only really show up against the "elite" teams.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Fourteen: New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons

Key injuries that the Falcons are dealing with, but our secondary and defense is banged up as well. McKenzie & Jenkins will probably get the nod again...

We win this one, we have a first round bye in the playoffs and knock the Falcons out of the playoff hunt. Here's hoping we can pull it off.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Saints need to get out of the habit of giving the opponent an early lead. Down 7-0 vs. Tampa, 7-3 to New England, and 10-0 to Washington. The quicker our opponents get up the more hope it gives them of staying in the game. Saints just need to take care of business, and finish the year out strong.

Either we take control of this game early, or let Atlanta hang around... at that point our Defensive injuries are bound to be exploited at some point.

Last edited by Auron : 12-11-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense is looking like they did last year. We can't get Greer and Porter back quick enough. I also think teams are starting to figure out our defensive scheme.

I'm real nervous about the Dallas game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Our defense is looking like they did last year. We can't get Greer and Porter back quick enough. I also think teams are starting to figure out our defensive scheme.

I'm real nervous about the Dallas game.
I think it's more so that without Greer, and Porter.. Greg Williams just doesn't have the flexibility to be creative, and bring the kind of pressure he needs to truly run his style of Defense. As a result we're being more passive and dropping people off soft, and teams have just been taking the easy completions...

as of now we just don't have the cover guys do really bring a lot of pressure... and you saw that with the Double corner blitz today and what happened as a result of it.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
and you saw that with the Double corner blitz today and what happened as a result of it.
They need to tear the page that has the "Chucky Blitz" on it, out of the play book and wipe their *** with it.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
They need to tear the page that has the "Chucky Blitz" on it, out of the play book and wipe their *** with it.
Just like with the Super Dome special?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worrying defensive showing tbh, cant have many of those games or its gonna bite someone in the ass

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we have alot of key defensive guys out but come on. Its was freaking Chris Redman. With Ryan and Turner out we should have had their O controlled.

I thought this game would have been completely lopsided with us passing all over ATL
Old 12-13-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

As I had company coming in, I was only able to watch a small part of the game, but I'm wondering if at this point we aren't showing some abnormal stuff so no one can really pin us down with our patterns when it really counts?

Old 12-13-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many teams can cover without their top two CBs?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
How many teams can cover without their top two CBs?
Did it against the Patriots, who had Brady...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

You can't really expect sustained success with guys off the streets, especially when teams start to have time to pick it apart.

Thing is, it's a trickle down effect, we can't leave these guys on an island all day like we did with Porter/Greer, so now the safeties can't freelance and break up plays or make picks, and they can't be as aggressive in the run game.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

I can't and i understand what your saying. Injuries are hurting us but we are making mediocre teams look great against us ands i know we have the talent(the ones that are healthy) to shut them down.

I think i was spoiled by the defensive play from earlier this season and now anything less is not acceptable
Old 12-15-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Fifteen: Dallas Cowboys @ New Orleans Saints

The Cowboys are looking to end their December woes with a huge win in the Dome... if we win and the Vikings lose, we'll have home field throughout the playoffs. I seriously doubt DeMarcus Ware will be playing in the game. Our thin secondary will seriously be tested with Roy Williams, Miles Austin & Patrick Crayton... should be a good one.

Sadly, this will be the first game of the season I won't be able to watch due to work (f'n SATURDAY night game!) :(. I hope I don't kill our mojo. :(

Old 12-15-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

want to win and want to win hard, I want to destroy the boys and make them girls

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin