Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-21-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I'm rooting for you guys like crazy. Usually, once my team is out I am a happy observer, but if you guys knock out Brett and the Queens, you will forever have a place in my heart!
GO SAINTS GO!
Hey, bro - we're going to try our damn best.

P.S. Vikings, PLEASE PUNT TO REGGIE BUSH.

kkthxbi
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Hey, bro - we're going to try our damn best.

P.S. Vikings, PLEASE PUNT TO REGGIE BUSH.

kkthxbi
Keep in mind that our special teams has upgraded significantly from last year. I don't care how "hot" Reggie Bush is. He will get stopped on punt returns.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, Vikes, I still wouldn't risk it.
the_legend_killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Keep in mind that our special teams has upgraded significantly from last year. I don't care how "hot" Reggie Bush is. He will get stopped on punt returns.
Because you got Heath back? That old SOB can't catch Reggie.

Saints are gonna destroy.... I hope! I'm a huge Saints fan for this week ( well probably the rest of the year). Geaux saints!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
That's the mentality that got them in trouble last year. Well, he can't run another one back right? :D
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

Saints-38
Vikes-17

We held AP to under 40 yards last year WITH A GARY GIBBS DEFENSE.

Granted they didn't have Favre, but I have no fear of the WR's. We'll play them much like Zona.

Greer=Rice (Lockdown)
Porter=Berrian (Lockdown)
***/Sharper=Harvin (meh)

we'll keep everything in front of us. i'm actually scaring myself how much this game doesn't scare me.
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

and just to throw this out there...

Pierre Thomas
avg per rush 5.4

Adrian Peterson
avg per rush 4.9

Reggie Bush
avg per rush 5.6

Chester Taylor
avg per Rush 3.6

Team Attempts Yards Average

New Orleans 468 2106 4.5

Minnesota 467 1918 4.1
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be talking any smack because i definitely don't wanna hear it later on if we lose. I definitely just want a good close game this weekend.

Superstitious as it maybe keep your pregame routine the same.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defensively I see us blitzingtheir right side of their line because itll be easier to get in then their left (Mckennie and hutch)
I don't think that is your best plan. Loadholt is every bit the pass protector that McKinnie is, probably better over the last month and due to being a rookie he very commonly gets help from Kleinsasser(who is probably a better pass blocker than either of the tackles. I think you will have more success going after McKinnie who is often left on an island out there. That's if you blitz at all, the teams that have done best against us were those who didn't blitz often at all and just relied on their front four to get the pressure.

Should be a hell of a matchup. My biggest worry is if you guys spread us out and test our CBs, I have serious doubts whether we can hold up against that. Hopefully Allen and Edwards will force your mob to keep in at least 1 TE and hopefully a back as well.

All that said, I still think this is one of the ultimate turnover battle games. Both teams have done really well controlling them in the regular season, the games the Vikes have lost have basically been the games that Favre has thrown picks in, the games that the Saints have lost have been the games where Brees has fumbled and Sharper and co have not got any turnovers. Both teams are very traditional and predictable from a turnover side of things, win the battle, win the game.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Viking fans better hope the game goes better for them than the song prince wrote for the game.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/s...gs-saints-game

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that's a rally song.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Quote:
With most of the Minnesota hand-wringing focusing on the availability of Vikings receiver Percy Harvin, a whopping 75 percent of the team's starting defensive line is questionable for Sunday's game.

Defensive tackle Pat Williams now has a foot injury, which caused him to miss practice on Friday.

Defensive tackle Kevin Williams and defensive end Ray Edwards practiced on a limited basis on Friday, after missing practice completely on Wednesday and Thursday.

All three officially are 50-50 to play on Sunday.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-questionable/
Old 01-22-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just assume these are all lies until gameday. Tricks I say.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Meachem probable, shockey questionable DNP

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nf...m?news_id=1173

shockey questionable.

like i said, shockey and bush you can always count on to be banged up or dinged in some way or another. it sure would be nice to have someone else that could provide what he brings to the passing and running game.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Old 01-23-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Good luck tomorrow Fellas. As I've mentioned before I'll definitely be rooting for the Saints.

they get smoked.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geaux Saints!!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 01-24-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations guys.

This Super Bowl should be an awesome game.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit this were at least 3 years of my life

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations Saints Fans. Good luck in the Superbowl.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks and good game. Never in my life did I think I would be able to see the Saints in the Super Bowl just 5 years ago after the 3-13 season.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys, I hope Brett Favre buys everyone of you tickets too, haha!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** ************ ass **** ****** ***** ****.

That said, good game and I'll be rooting for you in the Super Bowl.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Thanks for the well wishes, Viking fans. We appreciate it as fans.