Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-27-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Twelve: New York Giants @ New Orleans Saints

Monday Night Football... NYG is coming in the game banged up but in no way can we overlook them. Their front four is still dominant and could be a problem if the line can't protect Drew. We need to win this game to keep on track and ahead of the Falcons. I think Michael Boley being out will be huge especially with Darren Sproles in play.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're going to eat us alive. Sproles and Graham will be dominant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You're going to eat us alive. Sproles and Graham will be dominant.
While I hope it's a blow out, I'm never the one to get ahead of myself. If you guys can pressure Brees without bringing more than 4, then it will allow you to drop more in coverage to try to match up against the rest of our weapons. Not to mention Eli Manning has been playing pretty damn well this season - Hakeem Nicks & Victor Cruz will be a test for our secondary.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 11-27-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
While I hope it's a blow out, I'm never the one to get ahead of myself. If you guys can pressure Brees without bringing more than 4, then it will allow you to drop more in coverage to try to match up against the rest of our weapons. Not to mention Eli Manning has been playing pretty damn well this season - Hakeem Nicks & Victor Cruz will be a test for our secondary.
We'll probably put up 21-28 points. If Fewell continues to play the same defense I've seen for the year then it'll be an easy victory for you. I hope I'm wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm pretty nervous for this game, I have a feeling the Giants come out with something to prove after a lot of media talk questioning their motivation the last 2 games. I know they are banged up but the Front 4 is still really talented, and can cause trouble for Brees if our Tackles are not up to the task tonight. We also lost our best Blocking TE, Dave Thomas for the season.

I just have a feeling this game will be close late, and might come down to Brees/Eli in the final possession.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I pretty much nailed this one on the head.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, can I get you to give me the Power-ball numbers?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man this picture says it all.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great offense you guys have! Most importantly, I love the aggressive mentality on both sides of the ball!
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Great offense you guys have! Most importantly, I love the aggressive mentality on both sides of the ball!
Hey man thanks for the love, Hopefully things start looking up for the G-Men.. I'd still like to see them come out on top of that Division over the Cowboys. :)
Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Thirteen: Detriot Lions @ New Orleans Saints

Primetime, SNF.

A chance for us to go 9-3... if we can get out to an early start, I like our chances. Big game especially with the Falcons right behind us.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Suh decided to pull a stupid move when he did. Even with him making an appeal, if they cut his suspension in half, he'll still be out.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

My only real concern is that it is a short week, and I'm afraid of coming out flat following a big prime time win. After our last big Prime time win, we came out flat with little emotion against the Rams.

I think the team learned from that game, and will prepare better through out the week, plus I'm more comfortable because we are at Home where we seem to play with more Energy regardless.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think it was we played flat against the Rams, its just natural for the Saints to lose to a o'fer team. We did it to the Browns, Rams before, couple other times. We always do it :/

I dont like the matchup of Megatron vs our CBs. Look for Malcolm to be shading to break up the pass. I actually think the best matchup to watch will be Jeff Backus vs Will Smith. Would love for the Manimal to have a impact game.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

It's official, Suh will be out for the game.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh being out is a big help for us. Now all the Saints OL has to worry about is Cliff Avril, Nick Fairley, and Vanden-Bosch.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Suh being out is a big help for us. Now all the Saints OL has to worry about is Cliff Avril, Nick Fairley, and Vanden-Bosch.
I think Chris Houston & Louis Delmas not playing is much bigger than Suh being out.. gotta take advantage of their injuries in the secondary. Our defense will be tested with Megatron, Scheffler & Pettigrew, though. Burleson & Young has made plays for the Lions too this year as well. Hopefully, our defense can get to Stafford.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Fourteen: New Orleans Saints @ Tennessee Titans

Big game tomorrow.. first time to play a game outside since our Tampa Bay loss. Has some makings of a trap game..

Titans trying to get a wild card place in the AFC, Chris Johnson has the potential to do damage although our run defense has thoroughly imroved over the season and the last time we played Hasselback he destroyed our defense (granted, we were depleted A LOT). Plus, the Titans could be able to pressure Brees if they follow the TB & STL approach.. gonna be a good one, though.

The stakes for us to win are high too.. if we win and DET or CHI loses (#TebowTime) then we clinch a playoff spot. If we win and ATL loses (GO CAM!) then we win the NFC South so tons for us to play for. Hopefully, we can come through.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee hasn't beaten a team with a winning record since Week 4 vs the Brown.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets hope we can wrap up a playoff spot tomorrow

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys! My best friend in high school was a Katrina transplant, so he's a big time Saints fan, so I root for ya'll whenever I get the chance. Totally bummed about the loss and was hoping for a great comeback led by Locker, but at least ya'll are an NFC team so the loss won't hurt our tiebreaker chances vs the Bengals and Jets. Best of luck for the rest of the year!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Thanks for the love, TitanHope. You're one of my favorite posters here regardless of your team and I was a huge fan of Locker as a prospect so while it sucked that he did pretty well against us, it looks legit. I honestly think he should start over Hasselbeck. Good luck on your AFC Wild Card hunt!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Fifteen: New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings

With the #2 seed in sight, we gotta keep the momentum going and although the Vikings have been pretty horrid this year we cannot let this become another St. Louis Rams game. And just our luck, Adrian Peterson should return this week - we've done a great job of improving our run defense (I'll say since the Atlanta game our run defense has been highly improved compared to earlier in the season) and stopped CJ last week but Peterson will be tough as well. Also, a lot of attention has to be shown to Percy Harvin too as he's been on fire the past few weeks.

With the past two losses we've handed the Vikings, they will be up for this game for sure. Making sure Jared Allen doesn't get to Brees will be vital - we should be able to win matchups against our secondary, however, Brees will have to be given time.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:48 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

want to win this one by a big margin pretty bad

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
want to win this one by a big margin pretty bad
It'd be nice if we did, but I expect a tough game from the Falcons.