Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 09-01-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really sure what to expect from this one, mainly because I can't tell what kind of swing Washington is on.

I'm guessing we're heavily favored in this one. Home game, team should be motivated and all that.. Only real concerns are how we contain RG3 with the new Defensive system.

Either way glad Football is back.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, for some reason the Redskins always, always play us extremely tough. Debating back to the 2006 season where they beat us in the Dome and even in 2009 season in which we won the Super Bowl, where we needed OT to beat them. They just always seem to have our number so I'm expecting the same in this one... at least maybe their defense will do a good job against our offense early on. I like our chances to still win the game, though; the Dome will be absolutely going insane with all the stuff that happened in the offseason and will be a buzzsaw for RGIII to walk in.

Hopefully, Greer will be back and starting as well... Lofton will be playing so that's a good thing.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our D was terrible. If you score 33 points you should beat the Redskins.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a complete and utter **** show. My God, our D is beyond atrocious and our OL, esp at C and OT, looked piss poor. Brees can't keep running for his life if he's going to be effective.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as the O-Line was ****, Brees was ******* all over the place in terms of accuracy even when he had time. The whole team looked lost.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all good job Redskins, you guys thoroughly outplayed us and could have put the game away earlier if not for a Special Teams Blocking miscue, and a couple of dropped Interceptions.

That was a complete disaster, the team played with no discipline, 12 penalties? You can bet that would never happen under Payton. Veterans, who should be leaders made critical mental lapses, Colston not securing a catch leading to a fumble out of the endzone, Patrick Robinson failing to get off the field on Special teams resulting in too many men on the field, Lance Moore did not have the crispest of games, even Drew Brees looked off and let off some negative body language.

I hate to say it but it looked like this team really missed Payton, and came into this game distracted by the off the field drama. From all accounts this Defense will be very porous through out this season, especially with the injuries at Corner.

At the end of the day it's still just 1 game out of 16 but we need to see a lot more passion, and emotion from the Saints.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Two: New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers

Sorry it's late guys. Week One bummed me out and I've been away dealing with life, work and school.

Anyhow, I'll keep it succinct.... we need to win this one. Period.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-16-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we let an up-and-coming team stick it to us 2 weeks in a row.
K.C. is chomping at the bit looking at the schedule.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not over this loss.... I feel like I did in 2007 and 1997 when the team started 0-2.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Yeah this kind of feels like '07, hopefully it doesn't get that bad to the point where we go 0-4, but this is definitely the lowest I've felt as a fan since that point.

Right now it just doesn't feel like there's any fire, or passion on this team. Coaching really does matter, and it seems like too much burden has fallen on Kromer, Carmichael, and Spags.

The Defense has been bad, can't stop the run, big passing plays being given up. Patrick Robinson's dropped at least 3 Interceptions that have hit him in the hands so far? Our Safety play is still bad, and we've tackled poorly.

The Offense has been disappointing as well. Pass Protection has been a huge problem Strief, and Bushrod have struggled big time and we're not devising protections to help them. The Wide Receivers have been a liability, Colston is not playing like himself (maybe still hurt?).. Everyones gone through drops even Moore, and Graham. Brees has not been as accurate and crisp.

If we lose to KC at Home I'm not sure this team makes it past 8 wins this year.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to see much of either Saints games this season (new job's work schedule has be working 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) but from what I hear, I haven't been missing much.

What, in y'all's opinion, is the biggest reason for this less than stellar start for the Saints?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to see much of either Saints games this season (new job's work schedule has be working 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) but from what I hear, I haven't been missing much.

What, in y'all's opinion, is the biggest reason for this less than stellar start for the Saints?
Dropped passes, inaccurate Brees, mediocre o-line, no defense, and imo absolutely no fire that we have seen from the Saints the past few seasons.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Good game

I didn't see a week 3 thread but I wanted to say good game. That was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen - both ways - but it was an entertaining game anyway.

Continued health and good luck the rest of the way guys. I definitely wouldn't count you out in that division.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Good game.

I'd count us out this team sucks, worst Defense I've ever seen, and we've had some bad Defenses these past few years.

Pretty much a guaranteed 150+ rushing yards, and 400 yards of Offense for each opponent we face.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Perhaps a voice from the past can sum up how I feel about this game.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Lol, that pretty much sums it up.

I think I'm done watching NFL Football until 1 of 2 things happen.

A.) Sean Payton gets re-instated. Or

B.) Roger Goodell gets fired.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't see a week 3 thread but I wanted to say good game. That was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen - both ways - but it was an entertaining game anyway.

Continued health and good luck the rest of the way guys. I definitely wouldn't count you out in that division.
Thanks, vidae, and good luck to your Chiefs. I was at the game as a gift from my dad. His wife and my fiance were out of town so he gave me a choice of going to Auburn for the LSU game or going to the Saints game and I chose the Saints.

Regardless of how enjoyable an atmosphere it was and how cool it was seeing Steve Gleason's statue in person was, the game itself was piss poor. The officiating was just a notch under what we saw Monday night with Green Bay and Seattle. However, that's not an excuse for how Jammal Charles just bent over our defense and raw-dogged us for four quarters plus overtime.

I'm still bitter and am done with football under Goodell gets fired or the real refs come back. But I take nothing away from Kansas City; ya'll played a hell of a game and need to be commended.

Congrats, man. Good luck in your division and I hope ya'll have continued health.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-29-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Four: New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

Sigh.

I'm not counting on a win (which is pretty sad considering I haven't felt like this in a LONG time about the team), but who knows... we might be surprised. If we can keep it competitive much like the Opener last season, I'd be impressed at this point..

Old 09-30-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Maybe we can sneak a few of those replacement refs back onto the field.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Seven: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sorry fellas - been busy with life and other things. It's up late, but hopefully we can keep our winning from the SD going!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Better late than never, and it looks like it was successful.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

After looking back at some highlights and short segments, I must say our first rounder this year has to be a DE. Mingo, Montgomery or Werner: I don't care. We had only one sack when we should have had several. Pressure on opposing QB's is what we need.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
After looking back at some highlights and short segments, I must say our first rounder this year has to be a DE. Mingo, Montgomery or Werner: I don't care. We had only one sack when we should have had several. Pressure on opposing QB's is what we need.
If our entire drafted consisted of Defensive Ends, and Outside Linebackers I wouldn't complain.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Eight: New Orleans Saints @ Denver Broncos

Late again but up before the game.

We meet Peyton Manning again since the Super Bowl and he's been on an absolute tear... I like our chances to score some points although blocking Miller and Elvis will be crucial, but if we are going to win our defense will have to play some damn good football..and with this season I'll be happy with how we played against San Diego. Hopefully we can go 3-4 and continue the march.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Our D looked like a leaky sieve and Drew just wasn't Drew. A allow them to get to tkeem Nicks is the only bright spot on our Defensive Line. Our DE's put little no no pressure on the QB and our DT's don't swallow up blockers, but allow them to get 5 yards deep and contact LB's far to often. This makes our LB's and DB's have to work twice as hard for half the gains. No wonder we look like crap.