Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Nine: Philadelphia Eagles @ New Orleans Saints

Monday Night Football - our playoff chances are very bleak right now but if we expect to have a shot at all we need to win this one. Should be interesting to see what we do on offense with Darren Sproles out..hopefully we can rely on PT, Ingram and Ivory to help sustain the running game and contain the explosive Eagles' offense.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got this. Vick is gonna Vick.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won! Can we play Philly every week?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, our D-line only looked good against an o-line that had 4 of its regular starters out by game's end.
I loved having Chris Ivory back.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that game was a let down. I'm now really looking forward to our draft.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Great gave vs. Tampa Bay. Let's hope our D plays as well against the Cowboys as it did against the Bucs.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like you guys are a different team week to week. Which is good and bad. To me that says you guys control your own fate each week. You don't play to the level of your competition, rather you simply go out there, play your game and the result is totally based off your own execution.

Good luck this week. May the best team win!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It seems like you guys are a different team week to week. Which is good and bad. To me that says you guys control your own fate each week. You don't play to the level of your competition, rather you simply go out there, play your game and the result is totally based off your own execution.

Good luck this week. May the best team win!
And that is the result of not having a proper Head Coach this season.

With Sean Payton we had one of the best Game planning, Play calling Offensive Minds in the League.. and he almost always got his team up and motivated to play each week.

Without him it's clear the Crisp Execution of plays just isn't there some weeks. No where more so is this evident than in our 2nd half Offensive playcalling, I don't have the numbers but we've greatly struggled on Offense in the 2nd half of games and that's because we haven't made the proper adjustments. That almost never happened with Sean Payton he would always adjust to what the Defense was doing, if we were struggling with protection up front he would adjust the Blocking schemes, chip the ends more, roll Brees out, that's not happening this year.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty happy about the win, wont get star in the draft anyways.

feeling more for getting a cornerback in the first though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Unless it is Milliner or Banks, I will be livid if we go CB in the first.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I agree, and I don't think either will be there by the time we're picking.

Seems like we're probably picking in the 13-16 range, and I'm hoping the direction we go will be Edge Pass Rusher or Offensive Tackle. I hope maybe Montgomery can slip to us, but if not the guy that we're most likely to be in position to land will be Dion Jordan. Explosive athlete, with long arms.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I agree, and I don't think either will be there by the time we're picking.

Seems like we're probably picking in the 13-16 range, and I'm hoping the direction we go will be Edge Pass Rusher or Offensive Tackle. I hope maybe Montgomery can slip to us, but if not the guy that we're most likely to be in position to land will be Dion Jordan. Explosive athlete, with long arms.
I imagine this is the case. During the Dallas game, the comment was made that our front 4 had 3, first round draft picks on it (Smith, Ellis and Jordan). The problem is that they are not playing like 1st rounders and there is no way we resign Smith and Ellis for the kind of money they will want playing the way they are. I don't see us going for anything other than the best DT or DE on the board when it is our turn on the clock.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
obviously the value needs to be there but i could see milliner still being available

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want OT, DT, DE, or CB in the first. Actually, I wouldn't be upset if we just drafted those positions for the entire draft.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-26-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I want OT, DT, DE, or CB in the first. Actually, I wouldn't be upset if we just drafted those positions for the entire draft.
im kinda fed up with roman harper. i get that he is a run stuffing safety but he isnt even doing that well this season. wouldnt mind starting iaq and drafting his backup

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should really be about DE or DT in the first. If for some reason we can't sign Bushrod, then OT becomes maybe a position of need IMO...I would love for us to take a big NT and go to a 3-4 type of defense but I doubt that happens.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I would love for us to take a big NT and go to a 3-4 type of defense but I doubt that happens.
Not with the DC that we have unless we change that too.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I really doubt we resign Ellis or Bushrod unless Loomis does some
Obi Wan crap on them. Smith will get released, so DE, DT an OT wil all be big priorities.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very pleased by this win.
Nice defense but I know the offense can be better than today.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Loved what I saw out of the defense today. We were able to stop the run (minus that one long run from SJax) and got key stops when they were required.

I would like to see the offense click a little more than they were. Brees missed on some passes to Colston and Graham. I'm just glad to be the only team in the division to get a W today

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-09-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, Brees was a little off and behind on a few throws that I expect to be clockwork from him. Look for him to be much sharper next week.

More Pierre Thomas please.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Saints WIN, Saints WIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Loved what I saw out of the defense today. We were able to stop the run (minus that one long run from SJax) and got key stops when they were required.

I would like to see the offense click a little more than they were. Brees missed on some passes to Colston and Graham. I'm just glad to be the only team in the division to get a W today
Whew!
What. A. Game.

I was one of the thousands in attendance and let me tell you, I was on the edge of my seat all game long! I really wasn't sure if we were going to win that one, especially with the Falcons able to drive the ball most of the field in less than two minutes.

I'll be back on here later to talk more about the game in more detail, but I'll tell you, this has to be one of the first times that the DEFENSE picked up the slack for the offense's shortcomings.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote