Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cards offense worries me, especially with Fitz and Boldin lined up against our secondary. This is going to be a tough match-up and a tough game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, both Boldin and Fitz are active for today's game. We'll see how many snaps each plays.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, yay. We get pressure on Warner, he'll turn over the ball and we can easily win. If not... oh vey. Not a big fan of this game at all. Ugh. And, I won't be able to see it either. Great.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Well..we won.

Thats cool I guess.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta continue playing well. And I hate to do this but I'm pulling for the Bears on MNF cuz the Vikes gotta lose.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-16-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Gotta continue playing well. And I hate to do this but I'm pulling for the Bears on MNF cuz the Vikes gotta lose.
I hate it too, but gotta do it. Go Bears. Ew. I feel so dirty.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-16-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we keep getting worse and worse every week, I think we were better with Leinart at QB we were 4-2 then

good luck in your hopes of making the playoffs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Well we keep getting worse and worse every week, I think we were better with Leinart at QB we were 4-2 then

good luck in your hopes of making the playoffs
Thanks, bro. Good game today too.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Encouraging effort at Home, was nice to see them taking advantage of Home field. Other than 2 careless fumbles that really could've, and should've been avoided I thought we did a good job of protecting the football and being efficient. Drew and Marques put together another excellent performance, and Aaron Stecker and Pierre Thomas continue to run hard north/south and really maximize the yardage they can get.

I thought Defensively we were shaky at times, for the most part we didn't get a lot of pressure on Warner, but I do give them credit for coming up with a couple of huge turnovers (Harper Interception off the hit, and the Fujita sack and FF) and those were enough. I'm really liking Kaesviharn at FS, since he's been on the field he's been active and keeping things in front of him.

We still need some help to get into the playoffs, and it's very disappointing that we put ourselves in this position in the first place. Because when I look at this team we have the ability to be 9-5 if we don't botch the Home Panthers, and Bucs games with last minute mistakes... but it is what it is.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Every time I watch Pierre Thomas run the ball I'm impressed. The guy is good.

I hope the coaching staff is taking notice as to how much help we need on D.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

For the Eagles game...

Quote:
“Hopefully we came out of this game relatively healthy; it appears that way. Wednesday I’ll be able to update you guys more on the status of a few players, but by and large the report was positive. I’m also optimistic that we might have Reggie Bush back this week, just based on the rehab and he’s a little bit ahead of schedule; that’s been encouraging. We’ll see where he’s at Wednesday, but I know he’s planning on practicing and that will be a plus.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
For the Eagles game...
I'd rather keep him rested so he'd be fresh for the Bears game or the playoffs, hopefully.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-21-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The must win to stay alive stretch continues at Home vs. the Eagles.. in a rematch of last seasons NFC Divisional Round game. I'm worried about this game; even though they are eliminated from the playoffs I think the Eagles will give us everything they have to try and knock us out of the playoff picture. Even though we beat them Twice last season I don't like how our Offense matches up against Jim Johnson's aggressive blitz schemes.

I believe they will continue to line guys up all over the place, and mix up their pressures by sending blitzes from multiple angles. (Something our O-line has struggled with picking up in earlier games) I think Brees especially needs to be in top form making the Pre-Snap reads, trying to determine the coverages, where the likely pressure is coming from and adjusting the protection. He has to be aware of all his hot reads, and be decisive getting the football out quickly. Offensive line must continue to be consistent, a key match-up will be Jammal Brown vs. Trent Cole... Brown has done well before against him but Cole has the explosiveness off the edge to impact plays in a hurry. The Eagles top cover corner, Lito Sheppard will probably be the Slot defender and will most likely be Shadowed on Marques Colston for most of the game..so that will be another interesting match up to watch.

In the End if we continue to come out with the do or die intensity..and we protect the football. (Absolutely can't have any more careless fumbles, must make smart decisions) then we should be able to survive with the W. but for some reason I can't trust this team... Every single time this season we've had an opportunity to make a statement, and turn the Corner we've fallen flat on our faces. Week 1 in Indy, then at Home vs. the Rams after battling back from 0-4, vs. the Bucs to try and make a last stand effort for the Division. I really hope they prove me wrong, but Westbrook can and will give us fits if we don't slow him down, and McNabb has been much more elusive the past few games he must be contained in the pocket.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Playoff hopes are done, disgusted by the effort on Defense... but the way this season as gone you had to see this loss coming. It may be repeating the obvious but the Defense needs a major upgrade in talent in the off-season...

and I hope to never see Devery Henderson play another down as a Saint.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

*sigh* It's just been one of those years/seasons. If Minnesota loses, we'll still have a chance but with the way we're playing I don't even wanna make the post-season. Here's to a good off-season and a good draft.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I had this sick gut feeling that we would lose and sure enough... Our defense just played terrible. There are no other words to describe it than that. We sucked in all aspects of the D. Hopefully this year we'll be able to add some impact players in free agency and be able to draft some guys who will see the field.

On a positive note, Pierre Thomas had his coming out party today and I think he did very well. I think he still needs a couple more years of experience but he looks like he will be a stud someday, hopefully for us. Usama Young looked promising, but it also looked like he needed to see the field more.

Well, here's to next season. Cheers.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Three: Saints @ Broncos

Big game. We usually win games that I think we're gonna lose and lose games where we should win, but.. this game.. eek.

Go Saints!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be the game to get Jeremy Shockey jumpstarted, tight ends usually do well against the Broncos because of their SLBs and safeties.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. Shockey is gonna have to come up big Sunday.

Is it just me or does Brees hang alot of guys out to dry when he hangs those swing passes in the air so damn high?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does, LOL.

In other Saints news:

Saints sign Harrington

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Saints, you fail me again. We had what is thought to be an automatic 3-points but no the damn kicker screws us over.

I will say it wasn't just the kicker, our D was horrid.

Ugh Top-15 pick here we come.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does anybody else think we will be drafting a HB/CB with our first 2 picks?

And Mike McKenzie looked pretty good considering this was his first action in a year. Glad to have him back.

And why doesn't Jason David just retire? He knows he's a terrible corner and everybody in NO hates him, why stay?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see a CB. I don't think they are ready to give up on Bush just yet, and when they do give up on him i think they turn to Thomas.

Why didn't they atleast give Deuce a few carries? I don't understand that.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I'm not talking about Bush, I love him. I just think he needs a compliment and that guy could be Scott, Beanie, or another one of the big bruisers.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Why didn't they atleast give Deuce a few carries? I don't understand that.
This is just my thought, but Deuce is past his prime imo. I don't even know why the Saints have him on the roster, my guess is they were thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. Noble, but not very helpful to the football team.

But hopefully the haters who probably didn't even watch this game like most all Saints game can keep telling us that Reggie Bush is a bust. You know, because a bust can make plays that few if any other backs can make, when he has the opportunity.