Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 09-21-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
I'm not talking about Bush, I love him. I just think he needs a compliment and that guy could be Scott, Beanie, or another one of the big bruisers.
Oh ok. So basically a Thunder to his Lightening? Yeah i would like that but i don't think they will do that in the next draft,pending on what happens this season of course.

Yeah Deuce may be past his prime, but Thomas and Bush weren't doing anything, atleast they could do is send Deuce in and see what he could do.

I really liked Bush tonight, he was making many stupid mistakes, besides that damn fumble. If he could play like that all the time i would atleast be pleased with him.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is our offensive line. Outside of Jahri Evans and Jammal Brown our offensive line is very lackluster. I see them getting absolutely zero push in the run game, which is where we need help the most. Jon Stinchcomb is garbage and so is Jamar Nesbit.

And I'm finally starting to warm up to Reggie as he seems to be following his open field blocking more.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to have a bruiser back just like the before mentioned scott, however the main worry for me is our secondary, its great to see porter developing a bit but mckenzie is becoming old and we need another safety as well. Also the olb are a bigger need in my book than a bruiser.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The problem is our offensive line. Outside of Jahri Evans and Jammal Brown our offensive line is very lackluster. I see them getting absolutely zero push in the run game, which is where we need help the most. Jon Stinchcomb is garbage and so is Jamar Nesbit.

And I'm finally starting to warm up to Reggie as he seems to be following his open field blocking more.

Yup.

Funny, even Reggie's biggest critics are starting to see it. I'd love to say Reggie is the problem and just find a RB to fill the void, that would be a hell of a lot easier than building 60% of an offensive line.

Hopefully we can still make some real noise this season, but it would be nice to see Nicks get in there, but we really need another mauler. Duke Robinson anyone? I heard something like he hasn't allowed a tackle from the guy he is assigned to in each play in like 4 of the last 6 games.

I don't think it's coincidence that all the top running backs each year play behind stellar lines.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a tough loss to swallow. Ugh.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. If this didn't expose our need for an OLB and O-line depth in the draft, Im not sure what will.

2. After giving up 3 TD's, Im not even sure how ticked off I should be at "Gramatichoke".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, I was impressed with how the Saints came back and took it until the very end. When it started off 21-3, at Denver, it didn't look good at the time. But they showed us, or at least me, something.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both our teams are 1-2, Geo.

*hugs*

Reggie Bush is legit. That is all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Four: San Francisco @ New Orleans

I don't even have anything to say. We've been handling the 49ers lately, but they are lookin' quite good this year. Please win. That is all. I don't think I can take another loss.

Here's to Reggie Bush scoring four touchdowns against them like he did in 2006.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes indeed please dont **** another match up, we could have been 3-0 if we just were a bit sharper
Old 09-24-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also a big 49ers fan (grew up about 2/1/2 hours North of SF) This is a real tough week for me.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm also a big 49ers fan (grew up about 2/1/2 hours North of SF) This is a real tough week for me.
i sort of feel for you the 49ers are my second team but still i know how i want to win. Good luck consulting your concience ;)
Old 09-28-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis was awesome at containing Reggie today, the line played a little better, but Nicks will keep improving his game, and we should get stronger.

Drew Brees is hands down the best QB in the league right now, I don't even know how it's debatable.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Today's game was a good one. Brees was superb, hell he has so many weapons, when one (Bush) aint working he can just go to another (Moore and Meachem). Glad to see Deuce in the mix today also.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

i think we deliberately kept bush out the game because it meant also keeping willis out of the game. There was no use to play complex just to get bush the ball, the 49ers were so focused on containing hi, that we neednt bother utilising him to much.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a while since I've been able to post, have been held up with real life obligations but I'm going to try and pop in every once in a while.

Solid win yesterday, I think this team really needed that just for the morale boost. Like it was mentioned earlier with a few breaks going our way in the previous 2 games we could very well be atleast 3-1 right now... but that's just how the NFL goes sometimes, it is what it is and we're back at .500 now with a solid chance to regain some momentum.

Was great to see Deuce back in a key role. I think we sorely missed his reliable presence in the Running game the past 2 games, his ability to continuously grind forward to gain yardage even when not much is there really helped us to open up some things in the Down field passing game. Hopefully he will stay fresh, and continue to get healthier as the season progresses because this Offense needs his contributions.

Excited at the emergence of Meachem, he is turning out to be a very dangerous deep threat with solid catching ability. (the over the shoulder catch on the flea-flicker was great) Hopefully he'll continue to mature, and grow into the Offense, and see more snaps. Once we can get Colston, and Shockey back into the mix the Offense looks to be deadly.

Defense showed some signs of life, yes they were playing a 49ers Offense, but the Defensive Line wreaked havoc upon JT O'Sullivan for much of the day, and did I mention I love having Sedrick Ellis progress in the middle of the D-line? He almost always draws 2 blockers, and still manages to get a decent push on the pocket, which opens up things for our outside Defensive Ends.. he will only get better as well.

Need to stay sharp for next week and not overlook the Vikings.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

OMG AURON! YES!

We're able to contain AD and I think we'll be fine against the Vikes. They DO scare me on paper, though. Brees should be be able to take advantage against their defense, though.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, key to that game will be containing Peterson. He will definitely get his yardage, one of the most dangerous runners in the NFL today... but if we can limit his damage and prevent the big play runs, I think we'll be able to keep the Vikes 1 dimensional, and hopefully our improving Defense can take advantage of some of their struggles in the passing game. (particularly at QB)

On the other side of the ball the Offensive line needs to continue to step up, we can't overlook their Defensive front they are very Physical along the D-line... but if Brees gets the protection he needs there will be some match-ups we can exploit in the Secondary.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Default Week 5 Saints (2-2) vs. Vikings (1-3)

I smell a win coming, especially if our passing game is as good as it has been lately.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Key to this game IMO is limiting the damage Adrian Peterson does to us on the ground, he will grind out his yardage no doubt; hopefully we can prevent the big play runs from occurring.

Minnesota is very physical up front on the Defensive side of the ball, so the Offensive Line has to be on top of their game.. if Drew gets his protection we'll have the opportunities to expose some of the gaps in Minnesota's Cover 2 scheme.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

This game scares me. And, I won't get to see it... I'm hoping for a win, though.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Its gonna be a toughie, they are about as physical as it gets, our offense should be well suited to attack them though, I'm just a bit scared about our ability to stop them at third downs, that seems to be our weakness so far in the season
Old 10-01-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

The Vikings were pretty bad against the pass last year (not sure what they look like this year), but they definitely have two good cornerbacks and they're almost impossible to run against..

I dunno. I think if we can at least slow down Peterson a little bit we have a shot. They can't do much else offensively from what I've seen, which is a shame because I really like Bernard Berrian.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Reggie might be effective against this team, they are quite physical, but they aren't very fast overall defensively, though I seriously doubt we can hold any blocks against this team long enough to make our running backs effective.

Swing passes will be key this game to opening things up, and if the line holds up well, Brees should light up this secondary.

No running back has really exploded on us yet, and we have been doing a great job stopping the run on key downs IMO, but Peterson could have a big day if we aren't careful.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 10-01-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Reggie might be effective against this team, they are quite physical, but they aren't very fast overall defensively, though I seriously doubt we can hold any blocks against this team long enough to make our running backs effective.

Swing passes will be key this game to opening things up, and if the line holds up well, Brees should light up this secondary.

No running back has really exploded on us yet, and we have been doing a great job stopping the run on key downs IMO, but Peterson could have a big day if we aren't careful.
This...was about to say the thing that worries me about the Vikings is their Physical Defensive Line play, they have the Linemen to push the pocket, get their hands up and Disrupt Brees' rhythm, and timing. We've struggled against these types of teams in the past (Tennesse last season, Chicago, Washington)

I think we can counter this with a strong Perimeter passing game, trying to set up 1-1 mismatches on the outside with Bush, picking up some yardage with quick screens, and swing passes... We may be able to neutralize some of the interior pressure in this manner.

As far as Peterson I agree, this will be a true test for Mr. Sedrick Ellis & Jon Vilma.

Last edited by Auron : 10-01-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote