Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post

As far as Peterson I agree, this will be a true test for Mr. Sedrick Ellis & Jon Vilma.
I couldn't agree more.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

iam scared too. its the classic trap game AND the vikings are a team what usually bring problems to us.
they have a great running game and a great defense, exactly like the titans powned us last year, like one of you guys mentioned before.

iam not sold on our OL , i know we gave up very few sacks , but i also know how quick drew brees release his passes and how good he is doing shaking up those pass rushers.
if the line is collapsing all night , we can get under the wheels pretty badly. so its hard for me to predict a tremendous victory.... it will be a hard fought game or it will be a desaster , when lets say , the vikings start with an pick six or so, i do not see us coming back from this.

we did very poor when we were clear cut favorites , the last years.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh.. only we could find a way to lose a game like that. Shut down Peterson all game, outgain the Vikings.. yet make fundamental mistakes that botch us the game.

Yes we had some terribly unexpected breaks go against us, but we found a way to regain momentum and blew it. Championship caliber teams find ways to close those games out once they gain the upperhand. Martin Gramatica is not the answer in the Kicking game, like Mare in the year before he's lost all confidence in making a crucial FG with the game on the line.

Heroic effort from Reggie though, without the clutch returns we're not even in this game.. in that 2nd half.

Also I must say the lack of receiving options is starting to sorely show... it was only a matter of time but even though guys like Lance Moore, and Devery were playing way above their heads they can't be counted on to be every down reliable guys... and Meachem is not as up to date with the playbook to be a major contributor yet.

Still too early to call this season shot... although wow the injuries just keep piling up (Porter now?) Our only hope is to hold out next week vs. the Raiders and hope key contributors like Colston, Shockey, Ellis rehab and get back ASAP. However this was a major setback...
Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate life. That's all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still in shock.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm still in shock.
I'm not. That's the sad part.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Winfield returning the blocked punt, albeit a crappy kick, is all luck, you can't predict, plan or do anything else to that - it happens. The Bernard Berrian TD should never have happened, Christ, both recievers were going to the post; how do you not break that up. 2 missed FG's buy Gramati-choke, not to memtion the afore mentioned crappy kick, has me so mad I could spit.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While i agree that winfield's collection/return of the blocked kick was a matter of just being in the right place at the right time, his sack and strip of Brees was just sick. Winfield was blowing people up all night and i think that he is the main reason that the Vikings have won the 2 games that they did.

I am also in shock that the Vikings weren't able to throw that game away down the stretch... they sure seemed to try... I thought that the Saints were going to prevail until the pass interference call at the end.

And shouldn't you be talking to kids or something CJ?? ;)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Hochuli gave that game to the Vikings.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 11: New Orleans Saints @ Kansas City Chiefs

Week 11: New Orleans Saints (4-5) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-8)

After the loss to Atlanta we are 4-5, and this weeks game against Kansas City is a must win if we want to have a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm really concerned about this game. We are on the road at Arrowhead and playing a team that seems to be improving. I didn't see the KC @ SD game last week, but following the game at NFL.com it seemed like Tyler Thigpen is playing pretty good and they didn't have a single turnover against a tough San Diego defense. This is not a gimme game (at least not anymore), and with all our injuries I'm really afraid this is a game we might lose if everyone ain't giving 100%.

Please share your thoughts about the matchup.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to tell y'all a story about how confident i am about this game and that we are gonna win it and stuff but i am not that confident and against a KC team in rebuilding mode that is sort of sad. I'dd love to see an energetic performance that can trigger something but i have to see it to believe it. Good playcalling would be nice as well.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC is playing with a 'we have nothing to lose, something to gain attitude" which could hurt a team like the Saints. You give KC a glimmer of hope and they will attack it. I think this will be a very good hard fought game. Best of luck to the Saints!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post

Week 11: New Orleans Saints (4-5) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-8)

After the loss to Atlanta we are 4-5, and this weeks game against Kansas City is a must win if we want to have a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm really concerned about this game. We are on the road at Arrowhead and playing a team that seems to be improving. I didn't see the KC @ SD game last week, but following the game at NFL.com it seemed like Tyler Thigpen is playing pretty good and they didn't have a single turnover against a tough San Diego defense. This is not a gimme game (at least not anymore), and with all our injuries I'm really afraid this is a game we might lose if everyone ain't giving 100%.

Please share your thoughts about the matchup.
you think you have injuries.and we also thank god get LJ back
Old 11-13-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints winless on the road this year. This one will be a tough one to get too.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I actually have every confidence that we will win this game. Tyler Thigpen, while playing great has yet to convince me he is for real (sorry Tyler, the snow hasn't stuck). With Colston Back, Drew Brees has all his tools, well...short of Bush, to work with. I doubt that the post-game talk after Atlanta was a pretty one, and even if KC is playing with a "nothing to lose" attitude, I doubt NO will be taking this game off mentally.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I actually have every confidence that we will win this game. Tyler Thigpen, while playing great has yet to convince me he is for real (sorry Tyler, the snow hasn't stuck). With Colston Back, Drew Brees has all his tools, well...short of Bush, to work with. I doubt that the post-game talk after Atlanta was a pretty one, and even if KC is playing with a "nothing to lose" attitude, I doubt NO will be taking this game off mentally.
I hope they come out with some emotion and win the game. Seems like though in every away game they come out really flat.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Tyler Thigpen is playing pretty good and they didn't have a single turnover against a tough San Diego defense.
Man... what are you talking about? San Diego's pass defense is dead last in the NFL. They've got the same number of takeaways on interceptions as our pitiful defense does. In fact, we are ranked higher in overall defense than the Chargers. Thigpen played very well, but by no means did it happen against a "tough" defense.

With that said, our secondary is garbage so Thigpen is going to have another good outing. We'll probably pass 40 times against the worst run D in the league. Arrowhead is always a tough place to play, and we stink on the road. I'm not too confident about this one...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Yay, we won.

Um, whoo.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Good performances from Thomas and Moore on offense. I was pretty sure we were gonna win this one. I just can't wait for Bush to be healthy again.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 12: Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints

Week 11: Green Bay Packers (5-5) New Orleans Saints (5-5)

We are coming of a win at Kansas City and the Packers smothered the Bears at home last week. Both teams are .500, but Green Bay is currently in a three way tie for first place in the NFC North while we are last in the NFC South. This is a very important game for both teams. Not only is it a nationally televised night game, but we need a win to keep our playoff hopes alive and the Packers want to gain ground to Chicago and Minnesota in the race for the division title.

Share your thoughts about the game.

Signature made by me

Old 11-24-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this game is vital, in order to get to the play offs we need to win all our remaining home games away in detroit and prolly one of the 2 of the away game in chicago or tampa bay, it can be done but we can't afford to lose this one. Geaux saints. BTW good starting post Sveen, looks nice again.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default Week 13: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 13: New Orleans Saints (6-5) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-3)

The way things are going it seems likely that a 10-6 record will be necessary to make the playoffs from the NFC South, which makes this a very important game. We are coming of an impressive showing against the Packers on Monday night, and the Buccaneers came back against the Lions after trailing early.

Our defense really pulled together last week, but that might be a a little misleading due to the fact that the Packers came out throwing in the second half to try and catch up with Drew Brees and out offense.

Speaking for myself I have a good feeling about this game. Better than I've had the last few weeks. If we can keep the winning streak going we might have a chance to sneak by two of the teams in front of us and get ourselves into the playoffs.

Share your thoughts about the game.

Signature made by me

Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Huge, HUGE game.

I think Bush will be back as well so we'll see.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Great to see Deuce get the rushing TD record. This game had a lot of highlights. Pierre Thomas' 31 yard TD run, Sedrick Ellis getting another sack, a bunch of interceptions and last but not least the two 70 yard TD passes by Drew Brees.

Signature made by me

Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

If we win here we're right back in the hunt for sure..

This is the perfect time for the Saints to get hot..3 divisional games down the stretch (if we sweep Tampa that is gigantic) and a softie game against Detroit.

10-6 is very doable, I think, and if the loss is outside of the division then thats even better.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote