Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Quote:
Well the Bears won the contest to see who gets the crap kicked out of them in two weeks by the Colts or Patriots. The only reason the Bears are in the Super Bowl is because of the pissant schedule they had. You play a bunch of bad teams you are bound to win at least 12 games. You win those twelve games then you play a terrible team in the Seahawks and then you win because of weather and a poor field against the Saints. What a conjob.
Wow.
Story of our season. Let me guesss...you're a Titans fan?

Please shut the *********** up.
Why should I shut up? Because I see through the BS that is the Chicago Bears?
We made the *********** Superbowl.

Shut.

Up.
So did the Giants a few years ago and they got their asses handed to them by Baltimore. Expect the exact same thing.
And? How many teams get to make the Superbowl every year?

What exactely is your point?
My point is that they are either going to be a footnote in the Patriots dynasty or Manning's career. That's all.
Just like they'd roll over for America's team huh?
I never once said the Saints would crush the Bears. The Saints are a better team and on a field with proper care and fair weather they would kick the crap out of the Bears.
********. The better team doesn't lose by 25 points. The Bears had to play on the same field the Saints did dipshit. The field doesn't account for 25 points. The Bears were the better team, and that was evident.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It doesn't matter how hard or easy of a schedule the Bears had. They WON the games they needed to win. They deserve the superbowl birth because of winning. No one handed it to them. People that say the Bears had an easy schedule need to say that about all NFC teams then. The NFC is horrible. The Saints are a dome team trying to win in REAL football conditions not inside a dome. Congrats to the Bears and thier fans. I'm sure it wasa great year. Being a Steelers fan, I know what it is like to have people cry cause thier team wasn't good enough to win. We heard it all last year. The Bears are the team from the NFC that actually has a shot at winning the big game. They are not like the seahawks or teams like that. They have a defense that can win a championship. Defenses do win championships.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok screw all of you who are still bitching about the Bears. Give us the god damn respect we deserve.

On a natural field in good weather, who knows who could win, but we won today, and that's what matters. We earned the right to play at home, so **** you Ewing.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
The saints really shot themselves in the foot in this game.
Or maybe, just maybe, the Bears are a lot better than them.

I've been saying this since week 5 or 6, the Saints are neither good at running, or stopping the run, that's a deadly combination.

When you pass for over 300 yards and only score 14 points, that's a problem.
stupid turnovers are safties dont help either.
******* a man, we preach turnovers all the time. We play a bend but don't break defense, it's how we've played all year long. We give up yards and force turnovers, so please shut the **** up. I'm tired of people bitching.

The team that makes plays wins games. And I said it since the playoffs started, the team that stops the run and runs the ball the best will win this game, period, and that's what happened.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am rooting for the bears, no matter who plays them.

Tom Brady can not win as many super bowls as montana. I dont care for the colts either.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to the Bears. They played a good game and took everything the Saints gave them and kept playing hard. Grossman had another rough start but came up big in the 2nd half to push the Bears ahead. I am cheering for the Bears no matter who wins in the AFC.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let the haters hate.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said; the Saints couldn't play in the cold. The Bears practiced outdoors, in the cold, all week. While the Saints practiced indoors in shorts.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Good teams make big plays in big games, and that's what happened today.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever thinks that the Saints are a better team than the Bears listens to ESPN too much.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did sexy rexy play well today?

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
Overall, he was mediocre. Good, not great, and thankfully, no TOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Overall, he was mediocre. Good, not great, and thankfully, no TOs.
He played big when the game was on the line.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
First half, no. But 2nd half yes. He made smart plays though and didn't force anything. And he made big plays when he had to.

Certainly not as good as last week but I'd give him a B for this game.

I'm sorry, but the better team won today. I just watched the game for the first time (nope, I didn't see it live, had to work) and the total yards stat is very decieving. We played prevent for much of the 3rd and 4th quarters, and the Saints just threw everything underneath. That and Reggie's 88 yard TD helped out a bit too.

But our defense was just HUGE today. Sure they gave up yards, but the Saints are too good of an offense to be able to shut them down for an entire game. And just like the Seattle game, when their backs were against the wall, they were just huge.

And like Chris said, Sean totally abandoned the run when they got down. I think Lovie and his staffed proved they were better and it definitely showed on the field today. Sean definitely has a lot to learn as a coach.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
As I said; the Saints couldn't play in the cold. The Bears practiced outdoors, in the cold, all week. While the Saints practiced indoors in shorts.
we had ZERO problem in the cold...

we just beat ourselves with TO's, didnt create any TO's, made dumb mistakes , some tacky ref calls and that was the game.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67
Quote:

we just beat ourselves with TO's, didnt create any TO's, made dumb mistakes
Precisely.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Quote:
Quote:

Precisely.
And the Bears just made big plays, but you know.

Idk, it's just ironic to me that you play awesome indoors, but when you play outside in the cold you guys say you played very bad. That to me says that the cold did have an effect, but that's my opinion.

And btw, 3 of those TO's were forced by our defense. I'll give you the kickoff and the interception but not the other ones.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Quote:
Quote:

Precisely.
And the Bears just made big plays, but you know.

Idk, it's just ironic to me that you play awesome indoors, but when you play outside in the cold you guys say you played very bad. That to me says that the cold did have an effect, but that's my opinion.

And btw, 3 of those TO's were forced by our defense. I'll give you the kickoff and the interception but not the other ones.
They were forced by your DEFENSE, not the weather elements.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, great season to the Saints, and definantly a good game for the most part. Congrats on the good season boys.

Go Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and here's a look at the Bears' schedule.

Let's take a look at the Bears schedule.

Packers: 8-8 .500
Lions: 3-13 .188
Vikings: 6-10 .375
Seahawks: 9-7 .562
Bills: 7-9 .438
Cardinals: 5-11 .312
49ers: 7-9 .438
Dolphins: 6-10 .375
Giants: 8-8 .500
Jets: 10-6 .625
Patriots: 12-4 .750
Vikings: 6-10 .375
Rams: 8-8 .500
Buccaneers: 4-12 .250
Lions: 3-13 .188
Packers: 8-8 .500

They beat TWO teams with a record above .500. They played teams that have a top ten draft pick SEVEN times.
THAT WAS THE REGULAR SEASON. THEY ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL. THE REGULAR SEASON MEANS CRAP. WHO CARES WHO THEY PLAYED. THEY BEAT THE DEFENDING NFC CHAMPS AND THEN THEY BEAT THE 2ND BEST TEAM IN THE NFC, SO THEY DISERVE IT. ALL TEAMS WHO MAKE THE SUPER BOWL DISERVE IT. GOOD DAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ1ryCgzDn8
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So all those fumbles had nothing to do with not being used to the nasty climate? :?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats. And good luck against the Colts.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Thanks diabsoule, classy statement from a classy fan. Congrats on a great season.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks diabsoule, classy statement from a classy fan. Congrats on a great season.
Thank you. I think this game against you guys against the Colts is going to be a great game. A great offense vs. a great defense. I don't know which one to pick.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you. I think this game against you guys against the Colts is going to be a great game. A great offense vs. a great defense. I don't know which one to pick.
I hope it's a good game, I really do. But don't underestimate our offense either, or our ST's.

We are not going to stop the Colts' O, we just have to try and stahl them and limit their points as much as possible. They're too good of an offense to be able to stop them.

Quote: