Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Oddly enough, the AP poll is the only one that doesn't count for anything...
shhhh! dont ruin my moment ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Badgers looked nice last week.
Tyler Donovan was impressive which was their ONLY UNSTABLE spot this year.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
how many spots did texas drop? I know in one poll we were 4th, i think the ap, and coaches we were way different...

and i coulda sworn we were higher then OU, which really doesnt bother me, the higher they are ranked, it will only help if we win the red river shootout, but it seems they moved quite a bit for battering up on a severley less talented UNT team
I doubt it is due just to them beating a less talented UNT team, you got to factor in how sloppy Texas looked.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When's the last time a team dropped from #5 to NR? A: never.
Me? I'm just waiting for those other 10 teams to lose so #11 can jump to #1 again. This weekend= USC gets upset in Lincoln and Va Tech gets murdered by LSU. Oklahoma and Florida are way too high. West Virginia is not the 3rd best team in America....they might have the easiest schedule of the ten best teams but they are not the 3rd best.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
how many spots did texas drop? I know in one poll we were 4th, i think the ap, and coaches we were way different...

and i coulda sworn we were higher then OU, which really doesnt bother me, the higher they are ranked, it will only help if we win the red river shootout, but it seems they moved quite a bit for battering up on a severley less talented UNT team
UT will be above OU next week after OU gets upset.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Miami ranked 28th in both polls. Just wait. Once we beat OU, where do you think we'll be ranked? I think they should be around 14 or 15
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on who else loses probably 18th. OU will probably still be ahead of us. :/

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-04-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
Miami ranked 28th in both polls. Just wait. Once we beat OU, where do you think we'll be ranked? I think they should be around 14 or 15
if it's above Rutgers, i will have a really really big hissy fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't jinx us there buddy. We actually have a chance but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha, i know, but i'm just so excited about this game. I hope this is our coming-out party, like against UCLA some years back. I hope Baby J has as good a game as his cousin did that day. What was it, 299 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns?
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha, i know, but i'm just so excited about this game. I hope this is our coming-out party, like against UCLA some years back. I hope Baby J has as good a game as his cousin did that day. What was it, 299 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns?
I've never been more excited for a game in my life, seriously. I'll shed tears one way or the other, happiness or despair. It's sad because the season just started and it's already getting tense.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, okay, this isn't the first time a top 5 team fell to NR in a week, but that was back in 1968 before I was born, so it might be fake. Everything that happened before I was born could be a hoax set up by a conspiracy of the media and the rest of the world, prove me wrong!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Okay, okay, this isn't the first time a top 5 team fell to NR in a week, but that was back in 1968 before I was born, so it might be fake. Everything that happened before I was born could be a hoax set up by a conspiracy of the media and the rest of the world, prove me wrong!
How do you even know anything that happened since you were born? Maybe everything is a hoax. There is no spoon.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-04-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I've never been more excited for a game in my life, seriously. I'll shed tears one way or the other, happiness or despair. It's sad because the season just started and it's already getting tense.
sadly i have to root for OU, im hoping their undefeated when we play them, but if your qb play is up to par, you guys have a good chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

yay Cal's in the top ten.
but we should be ahead of Louisville.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know I can't wait. I'll be sitting in the student section at OU. It's going to be a great game. Have fun with the D :)
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Kirk Turdstreet ranked Michigan as #10 in his poll with Wisconsin trailing at #11.

- UW has beaten his alma mater, OSU, 3 straight at Columbus.
- Supposedly he had a bad experience in a Madison establishment and Badger fans were rude to his kids.
- Gameday has refused to come to Madison since their last trip because of rowdy fans.

Badger fans have been saying he's biased against Wisconsin for years and I think this ranking proves the claim.

Be professional you douchebag.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI View Post
Kirk Turdstreet ranked Michigan as #10 in his poll with Wisconsin trailing at #11.

- UW has beaten his alma mater, OSU, 3 straight at Columbus.
- Supposedly he had a bad experience in a Madison establishment and Badger fans were rude to his kids.
- Gameday has refused to come to Madison since their last trip because of rowdy fans.

Badger fans have been saying he's biased against Wisconsin for years and I think this ranking proves the claim.

Be professional you douchebag.
What? Herbstreit said on Sportscenter that he was going to put Michigan #25 in his personal standings but then after watching the game Monday night put Clemson in instead.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What? Herbstreit said on Sportscenter that he was going to put Michigan #25 in his personal standings but then after watching the game Monday night put Clemson in instead.
I got that from a reliable poster elswhere, so it should be valid. Unless I misinterpreted and he was referring to last week or joking based on previous history.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yep. I seen that interview myself. He definitely said after watching Clemson he was going to put them in at 25.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Yep. I seen that interview myself. He definitely said after watching Clemson he was going to put them in at 25.
He also said he thought Wisconsin was the team to beat in the big ten on SC a couple months ago. Then when it was time to make his "official" prediction, he picked Penn State, and had Michigan ranked ahead of the Badgers as well.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I thought too
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

After they dismantle Oregon this week he will have them at 10 next week anyway so who cares if they are there.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

Here's the poll he was referring to I believe: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/s...P&SECTION=HOME

It's possible it's not updated and the poster misinterpreted it as being current.

I still think it's pretty telling that both Herbstreit and Fowler have Wisconsin ranked #11, which is the lowest ranking I saw from perusing several polls.

Last edited by BerninWI : 09-05-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI View Post
Here's the poll he was referring to I believe: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/s...P&SECTION=HOME

It's possible it's not updated and the poster misinterpreted it as being current.

I still think it's pretty telling that both Herbstreit and Fowler have Wisconsin ranked #11, which is the lowest ranking I saw from perusing several polls.
It isn't updated. Its from Week 1. If anything Kirk should be praised for having Michigan at 10 and not in the top 5 like everyone else.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote