Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the top 25 yet, but they should have moved up.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the top 25 yet, but they should have moved up.
Alabama isnt in the coaches top 25

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WHEN miami beats Oklahoma, they'll be a Top 20 team :)
Old 09-05-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
I'm sure Miami will make it into the top 20 before 2009...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
i don't know dude, oklahoma scored 79 points, i know that it was against north texas, but that's still one hell of a beatdown.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASU is only 37. A couple more wins and we'll be in the top 30!!!! I do foresee us breaking the top 25 by starting the season 7-0. Prior Oregon State in our 4th game, we play the bottom feeders of the PAC-10 prior to Cal. =D

San Jose State - W
Colorado
San Diego State
Oregon State
@Stanford
@Washington State
Washington
Cal
@Oregon
@UCLA
USC
Arizona

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
ASU is only 37. A couple more wins and we'll be in the top 30!!!! I do foresee us breaking the top 25 by starting the season 7-0. Prior Oregon State in our 4th game, we play the bottom feeders of the PAC-10 prior to Cal. =D

San Jose State - W
Colorado
San Diego State
Oregon State
@Stanford
@Washington State
Washington
Cal
@Oregon
@UCLA
USC
Arizona
I wouldn't overlook Washington
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I know, they are a darkhorse, but they are still not until week 7 and it is a home game. Let's see how their pacific northwest climate deals with our dry/sunburn climate.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Big match up this week vs Boise St. for the Huskies. I'll be watching that game closely.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On principle, Michigan doesn’t deserve a spot in the top 25. Heck, they don’t even deserve a spot in the “Others receiving votes” category. Any team that is accorded the respect that comes with landing a spot in the preseason top 5 spot of both major polls, and then proceeds to lose their first game to a 1-AA team, should, in theory, be summarily booted from the ranks of college football’s elite.

In reality, however, can you really say this team isn't one of the 25 best in the country?

Am I the only one who sees a huge turnaround coming here? This team is immensely, immensely talented on the offensive side of the ball, and they're not going to face an attack like Appy State's for the rest of the year. Excusing the Wolverines for their defensive woes last Saturday isn’t a legitimate argument, but realizing the context of their defensive troubles can at least provide a little justification for not being so tough on them.

If you think that Michigan football isn’t having their best week of practice
of the year this week, you’re a fool. Lloyd Carr might not be the most incendiary or energetic coach around, but you can bet he’s conveying the urgency of the program’s (and his, for that matter) situation to his players. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize how motivated this team is going to be come Saturday when they take the field to play Oregon. They’ll not only be playing to begin the process of re-establishing themselves as one of college football top programs, they’ll be playing for their coach’s reputation. The disgust the players have towards those who are over-criticizing Carr was readily apparent in their post-game press conferences. Jake Long had to work to contain his emotions when a reporter asked a question about Carr’s job security.

Call me crazy, but I see one of the bigger turnarounds in CF history in the making. Rose Bowl? I wouldn't rule it out. This certainly sounds like crazy talk, I'm sure, but at the very least, this team is going to have a pretty strong season. That much I can almost guarantee.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
Clemson should be on that list... Don't know why they didnt get the nod over GTech, Hawaii, Tennesse, heck even Boise State and TCU.

Clemson beat Florida State and was actually a ranked team. How are they not ranked at all int eh USA Today poll?
I agree but these rankings are really all fantasy at this point anyways. All teams are being still judged on last year much more than what they will do this season.