Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We're underrated... and I love it.

in the NFL section..

we're #11 with the Bengals, Bears, Eagles, Cowboys, Broncos around..

I think we're top 5 or 6...

However, we'll see how we do this season.. we won't be 3rd in the division.. at worst, 2nd.

I can't wait for this season to start.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens won't repeat, I think we'll split with you and we have been successful vs. the Ravens of late while they destroyed you all last year... While biased (obviously), I think it's the Bengals division to win. Baltimore won't have the luck/health/schedule they had last year, I'm not sure what to expect from you all this year. I could easily see the Bengals/Steelers making the playoffs while the Ravens miss out.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
The Ravens won't repeat, I think we'll split with you and we have been successful vs. the Ravens of late while they destroyed you all last year... While biased (obviously), I think it's the Bengals division to win. Baltimore won't have the luck/health/schedule they had last year, I'm not sure what to expect from you all this year. I could easily see the Bengals/Steelers making the playoffs while the Ravens miss out.
I don't know. I know you guys have some trouble up front.. I don't know who but I know everyone is underrating us because of a new coach..

how soon people forget Cowher went 11-5 his rookie season.. and this team is 2x better than that team.

We're actually going to use all of our weapons on offense and our defense is looking the best I've seen it in years..

I know it was just pre-season, but we gave up the 2nd least points this preseason, only 4 more than Baltimore(#1) but we played 1 more game and had the #1 defense in points per game.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 09-04-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO we're fine up front on both sides of the ball, I'm just worried about how Brooks matures, Jeanty staying healthy and our secondary playing more aggressive.

I do agree that people might be underrating you because of the new coach, like I said I really don't know what to expect. I do feel like you all have more upside than Baltimore at this point.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
IMO we're fine up front on both sides of the ball, I'm just worried about how Brooks matures, Jeanty staying healthy and our secondary playing more aggressive.

I do agree that people might be underrating you because of the new coach, like I said I really don't know what to expect. I do feel like you all have more upside than Baltimore at this point.
I'm really only worried about our OL playing well.. but Mahan and Colon should be upgrades. Mahan is better than Hartings was last year and Colon played head and shoulders above Starks.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, you realize you were an 8-8 team that didn't do many major changes aside from what is expected to be a downgrade on the coaching staff, and you're rated as a playoff team. If anything, you're overrated.

Top 5 or 6? Come on man, I usually try to agree with you because usually you keep the homerism to a minimum, but right of the top of my head, 8 teams better than the Steelers. Chargers, Pats, Colts, Bears, Saints, Ravens, Bengals, Eagles. Denver and Dallas, debatable but I would say that they are.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Dude, you realize you were an 8-8 team that didn't do many major changes aside from what is expected to be a downgrade on the coaching staff, and you're rated as a playoff team. If anything, you're overrated.

Top 5 or 6? Come on man, I usually try to agree with you because usually you keep the homerism to a minimum, but right of the top of my head, 8 teams better than the Steelers. Chargers, Pats, Colts, Bears, Saints, Ravens, Bengals, Eagles. Denver and Dallas, debatable but I would say that they are.
I would agree except:

Bears, Saints, Eagles and Dallas. Denver is debatable and is the Chargers+Bengals.

What did the chargers do? Only lose their interior LB's, Not upgrade the WR position, Oh and lose their entire Coaching staff..

But through all that they're better than us. We beat the Saints last year.

I'm not being a Homer for stating that we're underrated when we're a better team than most give us credit for.

We added a new Coach.. so did San Diego, why are they above us. We only lost our HC/OC.. they lost HC/OC/DC.

Saints still aren't good enough to beat us. I still dont' think the Eagles or Dallas is are better than us. Denver is because we lost to them last year.

But to act as if they're clearly better than us?? Thats more biased from a Browns fan (I know you despise us and often try to undercut us, you yourself would admit this).

Quote:
Overrated? We never get credit on this forum for ****.. We're always overrated. We win the superbowl, the refs handed it to us.

We beat the colts.. We didn't beat them, the Kicker shanked it.. What about Ben's tackle, his stats and the fact Troy got screwed by the refs?

People always underrate our players and talent. So to say we're overrated is a joke, We don't get credit for any of our accomplishments and too much credit for our downfalls.

We're a good team who people are trying to undersell. Fine, we'll let the season talk. I hate having to give excuses for why we're a good team.

8-8 is a bad season for us. How many losing seasons have we had in the past 20-30 years? Not that many.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 09-04-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We added a new Coach.. so did San Diego, why are they above us. We only lost our HC/OC.. they lost HC/OC/DC.
Wow, just wow. You are infact a homer.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

first off love the sig cant wait to see him tear up clausen.

now as for ontopic stuff. the browns are obviously going to be the front runner for worst in the division, what i believe may effect the rest of the division however though is how many games the browns can steal away from the bengals,steelers,ravens when they play them. because right now i think the bengals and steelers are preety equal, and the ravens may repeat if their offense can manage the clock and maybe get some extra points for the d

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Wow, just wow. You are infact a homer.
I didn't say we were better than them. I merely asked why they were above us in his opinion.

Because by his logic, they should've dropped quite a few spots. They lost their OC, DC, HC and hired a known Loser. We hired a young DC, promoted our OC, kept our DC..

Yet we downgraded and they're better than Us. I just want to know the logic there.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 09-04-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
first off love the sig cant wait to see him tear up clausen.

now as for ontopic stuff. the browns are obviously going to be the front runner for worst in the division, what i believe may effect the rest of the division however though is how many games the browns can steal away from the bengals,steelers,ravens when they play them. because right now i think the bengals and steelers are preety equal, and the ravens may repeat if their offense can manage the clock and maybe get some extra points for the d
I think OL and McNairs health will play a vital role. I don't think McGahee is the power runner they need and McNair doesn't have the arm to utilize Clayton/Williams.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I would agree except:

Bears, Saints, Eagles and Dallas. Denver is debatable and is the Chargers+Bengals.

What did the chargers do? Only lose their interior LB's, Not upgrade the WR position, Oh and lose their entire Coaching staff..

But through all that they're better than us. We beat the Saints last year.

I'm not being a Homer for stating that we're underrated when we're a better team than most give us credit for.

Saints still aren't good enough to beat us. I still dont' think the Eagles or Dallas is are better than us. Denver is because we lost to them last year.

But to act as if they're clearly better than us?? Thats more biased from a Browns fan (I know you despise us and often try to undercut us, you yourself would admit this).
There's a big difference between the Chargers record last year, and the Steelers'. Saints? You realize how young this team is right? You realize all their main weapons aside from Deuce were new to the team last year, right? (referring to Colston, Bush, Brees). Eagles? With Donovan, they could potentially be in the NFC Championship game, it's a whole different team with him in there. Denver, I say because I think Cutler will do good ENOUGH for Denver to ride their running game on offense. Dallas, that's the closest for me, but their basically a big wild card, they could do very very good, or very very bad. As long as TO doesn't explode, they could very well be one of the top teams by season's end.

I'm fine with acting their clearly better. The Steelers aren't a bad team. But they play in a tough division, in a tough conference, with a new head coach and losing more than they gained, come on now. I wouldn't say 9-7, 10-6 is a stretch for a prediction, but 9-7, 10-6 will get you about where you were placed, at 11.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference in talent between the Chargers and the Steelers isn't even close. It's not even remotely close. The Steelers are better at WR, secondary, and maybe offensive line. That's it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
There's a big difference between the Chargers record last year, and the Steelers'. Saints? You realize how young this team is right? You realize all their main weapons aside from Deuce were new to the team last year, right? (referring to Colston, Bush, Brees). Eagles? With Donovan, they could potentially be in the NFC Championship game, it's a whole different team with him in there. Denver, I say because I think Cutler will do good ENOUGH for Denver to ride their running game on offense. Dallas, that's the closest for me, but their basically a big wild card, they could do very very good, or very very bad. As long as TO doesn't explode, they could very well be one of the top teams by season's end.

I'm fine with acting their clearly better. The Steelers aren't a bad team. But they play in a tough division, in a tough conference, with a new head coach and losing more than they gained, come on now. I wouldn't say 9-7, 10-6 is a stretch for a prediction, but 9-7, 10-6 will get you about where you were placed, at 11.
I was under the assumption that Power rankings had to do with overall record and SOS.

What did we lose? Cowher, Whis and Porter.. We gained Tomlin, Arians, Woodley/Timmons.

I was thinking in head to head matchups.. this team isn't much different than the same team that beat NO last year, Chicago, Philly, and NE the year before.

So the Saints were young, so now that they're a year older their immediately better. Forget the fact their LB's are still porous and their CB's can't cover. They can have all the weapons they want, they still can't hold a team. We're more balanced and our defense can hold them.

Now if your going by overall records, then I can understand the #11. But the Saints and Bears are not better than us when it comes to 1 on 1 as we're far more complete on offense than the bears and defensively against the Saints.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The difference in talent between the Chargers and the Steelers isn't even close. It's not even remotely close. The Steelers are better at WR, secondary, and maybe offensive line. That's it.
I'd say DL Is a push.

I'm not going to argue who's better, I just wanted to understand his logic on why we get knocked a few pegs for getting a new coach, and SD doesn't.

Like I said in previous posts. I'll let our season do the talking.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
I was under the assumption that Power rankings had to do with overall record and SOS.

What did we lose? Cowher, Whis and Porter.. We gained Tomlin, Arians, Woodley/Timmons.

I was thinking in head to head matchups.. this team isn't much different than the same team that beat NO last year, Chicago, Philly, and NE the year before.

So the Saints were young, so now that they're a year older their immediately better. Forget the fact their LB's are still porous and their CB's can't cover. They can have all the weapons they want, they still can't hold a team. We're more balanced and our defense can hold them.

Now if your going by overall records, then I can understand the #11. But the Saints and Bears are not better than us when it comes to 1 on 1 as we're far more complete on offense than the bears and defensively against the Saints.
The thing is, what you lost was proven, what you gained isn't. I think the Bears aren't going to be that good. That's just me, that's just a hunch, but if this all plays out as expected, though it never does, the Saints have enough on defense to get by. I mean, look at the Colts last year. Horrid defense, Offense carried it. The Bears...I can't see the Steelers O putting up much against them.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd say DL Is a push.

I'm not going to argue who's better, I just wanted to understand his logic on why we get knocked a few pegs for getting a new coach, and SD doesn't.

Like I said in previous posts. I'll let our season do the talking.
Ok, I was gonna go to bed, but I gotta say DL is completely, and totally, San Diego. Pitt is better at no spot in the Dline than San Diego is. Now I'm out.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
SD oline is far better than ours.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

First of all, since 1993 only Greenbay has a better record than our steelers. Recent history includes, in order, a 15-1 season, a SUPERBOWL champion, and last year where we finished 6-2, only losing to the Ravens where we had some matchup problems. You want homerism? This years steelers are going to KICKASS!!! We have the flatout best defense in football, the preseason is no fluke. Our coverage teams have not let anyone get to the 30, and wait until you try returning one of Sepulveda's spacelaunches. Our offense needs some tuning, but when Arians gets it right, we have some serious weapons; fast Willie is going to have his best year and we are loaded at wideout.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
First of all, since 1993 only Greenbay has a better record than our steelers. Recent history includes, in order, a 15-1 season, a SUPERBOWL champion, and last year where we finished 6-2, only losing to the Ravens where we had some matchup problems. You want homerism? This years steelers are going to KICKASS!!! We have the flatout best defense in football, the preseason is no fluke. Our coverage teams have not let anyone get to the 30, and wait until you try returning one of Sepulveda's spacelaunches. Our offense needs some tuning, but when Arians gets it right, we have some serious weapons; fast Willie is going to have his best year and we are loaded at wideout.
Yes I love rookie posters. LOLZ MY TEAM IS AMAZING OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Flat out best defense? Chargers, Ravens, Bears, Dolphins off the top of my head
That's impressive about 1993, but it doesn't impact this year.
Loaded at wideout? You have Hines Ward, who is very good but on the decline. Holmes, we don't know if that's a one year wonder or not. Sepulveda's "space launch" vs. the Eagles looked beastly. May have gone 15 yards. Chill on the homerism there slugger. 9-7, 10-6
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Denver is debatable and is the Chargers+Bengals.

But through all that they're better than us.
Okay, now usually I don't get involved in other team's forums, but if you're going to bring San Diego into this, I'll step in. Are you serious? We just came off an NFL best 14-2 season, with talent at every single position. You just came off an 8-8 season, nowhere near comparable. That's one reason why we are clearly ahead.

What did the Chargers do? We lost our ILB's yes, but the rest of ur information is either irrelevant or misconstrued. First of all, not only was the lack of WR not a problem last year, but we did add on it. We drafted Craig Davis to play WR, and he's a slot/#2 guy for us this year. He's a rookie, but what are you talking about did nothing? We lost our coaching is all you have.

And even so, say we did lose/gain the same amount, its not comparable because we were a better team last year too. These things you say we didnt fix, weren't a problem last year. You had more you had to fix anyway, so it doesn't matter even if we are on par.

Considering San Diego is a consensus top 3-4 team, how you think the Steelers are comparable is beyond me. We have a better QB, a Better RB, a better FB, better O-Line, A better D-Line, Better pass rush (OLB's)....

Quote:
8-8 is a bad season for us. How many losing seasons have we had in the past 20-30 years? Not that many.
I forgot about how this year we were going to just use previous records from 30 years ago in lieu of the regular season.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Okay, now usually I don't get involved in other team's forums, but if you're going to bring San Diego into this, I'll step in. Are you serious? We just came off an NFL best 14-2 season, with talent at every single position. You just came off an 8-8 season, nowhere near comparable. That's one reason why we are clearly ahead.

What did the Chargers do? We lost our ILB's yes, but the rest of ur information is either irrelevant or misconstrued. First of all, not only was the lack of WR not a problem last year, but we did add on it. We drafted Craig Davis to play WR, and he's a slot/#2 guy for us this year. He's a rookie, but what are you talking about did nothing? We lost our coaching is all you have.

And even so, say we did lose/gain the same amount, its not comparable because we were a better team last year too. These things you say we didnt fix, weren't a problem last year. You had more you had to fix anyway, so it doesn't matter even if we are on par.

Considering San Diego is a consensus top 3-4 team, how you think the Steelers are comparable is beyond me. We have a better QB, a Better RB, a better FB, better O-Line, A better D-Line, Better pass rush (OLB's)....

I forgot about how this year we were going to just use previous records from 30 years ago in lieu of the regular season.
Plus, God's back at RB for the Chargers last I checked.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I really don't mind this team being underrated, it usually tends to work out best for us. Was this an 8-8 team last year? Yes, but the two years before that they won a super bowl and had a 15-1 season. There aren't that many personnel changes on the team. There's a new coach, but an in-house offensive and defensive coordinator. Arians isn't installing a whole new offense, he merely tweaked with the playbook already in place by streamlining it and adding in some more quick routes. Ben is returning to form, and all signs show that the defense, like usual, should be good.

It's not ridiculous to think this could easily be a top-tier team. Is it a guaranteed? No, but what is in the NFL? The Saints could easily have a down year, the Chargers too.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Exactly,

JK17. For the 15th time. I wasn't saying we were better. I merely said, Why are we being knocked for getting a new coach, and you weren't?

The Chargers lost Schotty, Cam, and Wade. We lost Cowher/Whis..

We're a bad team because we have new coaches, yet you're without a doubt better than anyone with a proven loser Head coach.

If you're going to use logic that "New coaches will be Pittsburghs downfall." Then act like it's not a big deal that The coaching staff in SD was gutted.

So I wasn't saying that we were better. Though it would be a good match. I was merely saying you can't take us down a few pegs, then not let it hamper another team.

I can't say your team sucks because you lost coaches, but our team will be Ok.

It doesn't make sense. You can't apply logic like that at will.

If you believe new coaches will have bumpy roads, then it is very possible you guys go 8-8. Yes you have LT. You have Merriman... You had them in 2005 when you went 9-7.

Again, it's possible for you to go from 9-7 to 14-2.. but not us to be better than 8-8?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Flat out best defense? Chargers, Ravens, Bears, Dolphins off the top of my head
That's impressive about 1993, but it doesn't impact this year.
Agreed, I was merely making a point that we're often in the hunt. Every season

Quote:
Loaded at wideout? You have Hines Ward, who is very good but on the decline. Holmes, we don't know if that's a one year wonder or not.
Then by all means, I shouldn't Credit Philip Rivers. He should still be a huge question mark. Right? I mean, we don't know if he's going to go out and be horrible because he's only played 1 year? Why don't we have the "1 year Stigma" about him?

We have arguably one of the best WR depths in the league. Washington, though not a big name player. Was the 2nd best #3 in the league. Only behind Bryant Johnson from Arizona. Wilson is also a valuable #4 WR.

Quote:
Sepulveda's "space launch" vs. the Eagles looked beastly. May have gone 15 yards. Chill on the homerism there slugger. 9-7, 10-6
I'm sure 10-6 is feasible, but this team could just as likely end up 14-2 or 13-3 as it could 6-10 or 5-11 as most people seem to underrate us.