Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-06-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons' Gameday Week 1 (Vikings) Thread

All Falcons vs Vikings discussions go here.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I start Norwood or Lamont Jordan (against DET)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jordan

I love Norwood, but I don't think he will be involved enough.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is fascinating to me. Both teams have bad secondaries, statistically from last year anyway, and passing games that are shrouded in mystery. Both teams are known for running the ball and stopping the run. It's strength versus strength, weakness versus weakness.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

....we clearly have the advantage in the fashion stakes however, the vikings now have the worst jersey i have ever seen. This opposed to the falcons black on black which, IMO is the best jersey in the NFL, obiviously that wont be worn sunday but even our white on white is worlds better that Minnesota's. Pat Williams looks like Grimace from McDonalds in the home strip.

But yeh im pumped for the game, sorry i just played the Vikings on madden and their jerseys annoyed me for the entire game, hence the rant above.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The reason I think we will win is Atlanta has a pass rush and Minnesota does not. If Abraham and Anderson can get loose and get to Jackson, advantage us.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yep there you have it. Atlanta will win...

A. Because of our pass rush
B. Because they dont look like purple jelly beans
Old 09-07-2007, 07:00 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this game will show us what our run defense can do after last years weak showing. i have a really bad feeling that all day is gonna run all day on us.

should i start norwood or turner? haha, my rb situation on my ff team sucks.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who else do you have for options at RB. I just don't see Norwood getting enough touches week 1, Bobby wants to get Dunn established as much as he's talked about him. Then again, maybe it's smokescreen and Norwood is going to be out there pounding it a lot, but I'd be shocked if Dunn didn't get quite a few more touches than Norwood. I have Jerious on my team as well, but I got him in the 2nd to last round I think, and he's my 4th RB.

This game is going to depend on Montavious Stanley and Grady Jackson taking up defenders. We have 2 guys who take up a LOT of space now, and we can spell Jackson like we need to and he'll be effective. There is NO question about Abe and Jamaal's ability to stop the run and hold up the point, not one about Grady's either, but I'm interested to see if we stick both Stanley and Grady in there on known running situations and basically send a 2 man pass rush with Jamaal and Abe...but I'm certain our LBs know how to fly to the ball so if our DTs can keep Offensive Linemen off of them then we're going to win this game. Our LBs are playmakers, every last one of them, but none of them fight off blocks exceptionally well. When they're left alone to go after the ball is when they are going to be scary, so once we prove we can plug the middle, look out, it's going to be a LONG day trying to run outside on this team.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Atlanta was 6th in the NFL last year in allowing only 3.6 YPC against its defense.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pissed. I have ******* football practice every Sunday at 1:00.

Any site I can see the replay?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also missing it for a big football game, but will get back around 5:30 and just watch it recorded. No commercial breaks for me :D.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Dunn get so many carries? It was pretty obvious he wasn't doing anything, so why not let Norwood loose?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear god. This is going to be one LONG season.

Hope you guys dont mind, but I'm gonna go cheer the Texans as wlel.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Dear god. This is going to be one LONG season.

Hope you guys dont mind, but I'm gonna go cheer the Texans as wlel.

Mario is so beastly.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was really pumped for the game today but I was brought back to earth by our team poor play.I think we seen today that Joey Harringtion is not the answer at QB...Im not saying todays lost is his fault but he held on to the ball way to long.Why was Petrino so consistant on running the ball up the middle?....I really like our offense but Joey is not the answer...
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Dallas Cowboys are taking offers for the #1 pick which you can use on Brohm.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Mario is so beastly.
Played a horrid line.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have so many weaknesses in next years draft...

LT
C
QB
RB
WR
SS
DE
NT
MLB

Our top pick should be interesting. DeSean Jackson, Brian Brohm, Darren McFadden, Jake Long, Kenny Phillips. Dorsey is good but we need a NT. Even though I have my doubts at DE and DE depth, I doubt we go there early. No standout MLBs either. PR/ KR/ WR would all be bolstered with DeSean Jackson. McFadden would be good, considering the coaches have very little faith in Norwood (5 carries???). Brohm is a good pick, but I would be fine with someone like Henne in early round 2.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

If Henne becomes a Falcon I will never EVER watch the Falcons again.

In the draft we don't have as many 'needs' as you listed. But our 'needs' are...

LT, NT

You listed QB..that's a joke...Joey was not bad...at all. Joey looked fine back there actually, our WRs screwed him and 1 fluke batted pass.

C is fine, we have our C on the IR right now. RB, we need a power back but we have our feature back. WR, sure, but Robinson is legit, and I don't know about WRs in this year's draft at least not super high caliber ones. SS...uh...have you completely forgotten about Stone? DE...give me a break...maybe a backup DE late, but Anderson and Abe are $$$ Davis is a very good backup. MLB...maybe...but there aren't any of those.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
If Henne becomes a Falcon I will never EVER watch the Falcons again.

In the draft we don't have as many 'needs' as you listed. But our 'needs' are...

LT, NT

You listed QB..that's a joke...Joey was not bad...at all. Joey looked fine back there actually, our WRs screwed him and 1 fluke batted pass.
You're kidding yourself if you think QB isn't a need. Both LT and QB have to be addressed. Harrington is lousy, Gandy is lousy.

Quote:
C is fine, we have our C on the IR right now.
McClure is fine and he's not even that old.

Quote:
RB, we need a power back but we have our feature back.
A bigger back is a need, but not a pressing one. Adding one in free agency or in the late day-1 would be fine.

Quote:
WR, sure, but Robinson is legit, and I don't know about WRs in this year's draft at least not super high caliber ones.
The last thing I want is another WR via the draft.

Quote:
SS...uh...have you completely forgotten about Stone?
So we are putting all of our hope in a 6th round player? He's been impressive, to be sure, but I cannot say that I disagree with SS being a need.

Quote:
DE...give me a break...maybe a backup DE late, but Anderson and Abe are $$$ Davis is a very good backup.
You could always use some more depth. It isn't a need though.

Quote:
MLB...maybe...but there aren't any of those.
It depends ifRey Maualuga declares.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

Are you serious iloxygenil?..So QB is not a problem....Did you watch todays game? People keep bringing up the fact the Harrington threw for a high completion rating but Petrino offense is QB friendly and every single completion Harrington had was on short routes.In translantion Harrington cant throw the deep ball and he hold on to the ball way to long. We need a new QB.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Uh...yeah...I saw the game, I saw the couple bad passes, I saw the couple fluke passes, but do you really think we're going to get a QB in here that is going to always make the perfect pass? As fans we need to get our heads out of our asses and realize that it doesn't take a perfect QB to win, it just takes one who can manage the game and make some things happen, our WRs early on weren't able to get open, and they were playing Cover 2, which means the over the top plays should be covered up if they were playing it well, and with Sharper back there they were. Joey did a fine job yesterday, not a great one, and our defense gave us a chance to win, but feeding the rock to Warrick 22 times and Jerious only 5 killed us. Jerious was about 1 foot short of breaking a TD run...only barely missed that stiff arm and he was gone. So we need people to help Joey, we're just used to having a playmaker QB, now we have what everyone's been screaming for, a pocket QB who manages the game, and everyone's upset.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

Joey Harrington is a good clock manager.Meaning that he will eat up the clock with 8 and 10 yard passes all game.But the thing that worried me from the game yesterday is that the guy simple cant stay compose when he see a blitz coming and this is why Detroit and Miami both sent him packing.Sorry I never wanted a pocket QB, I really dont give a crap if you give me garry coleman aslong as he dont cause the team any stupid turnovers and get the ball to our receivers
Old 09-10-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

For me LT is a way way bigger proirity than QB at the moment. That said QB is the 2nd biggest need

Here, Ill try to scale our needs
LT.............................QB......NT..RB..SS. .MLB

I want a big athletic future all pro in there at LT (punches self in face and thinks about Jared Gaither) DO WE REALISE HE WOULD ALREADY BE STARTING!!

Id settle for Jake Long in the first and then Eric Ainge or Matt Moore or Sam Keller in round 2 at the moment