Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.
Default Terry Glenn STILL HURT

IRVING, Texas - Three days before their regular-season opener, the Cowboys learned wide receiver Terry Glenn's problematic right knee likely will force him to miss two weeks and possibly more, team owner and general manager Jerry Jones said late Thursday afternoon.

Glenn missed all of preseason after having arthroscopic knee surgery Aug. 1 to remove a tiny cyst from the back of his right kneecap. The 33-year-old receiver returned to practice Wednesday but sat out Thursday because of what Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips described as swelling in his knee.

Without Glenn, the Cowboys would have to rely even more on Terrell Owens, fourth-year veteran Patrick Crayton and second-year veterans Sam Hurd and Miles Austin. Crayton started all four preseason games in Glenn's place, with Hurd entering the lineup in three-receiver sets.

The Cowboys also have rookie Isaiah Stanback, but the fourth-round pick is more of a developmental player making the transition from college quarterback.

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...CECA3565D802E3

I heard that this article was edited and it originally said Glenn Out for the season. Who's going to be the starter now ? Crayton or Hurd. I know if they are running a 3 WR set, Crayton will probably be in the slot and Hurd and TO on the outsides.

Last edited by dc4life : 09-06-2007 at 06:25 PM.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for some of the young guys to step up or step out. It's a nervous time, but if we're going to keep these guys on the roster, they ought to be able to get the job done.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well this helps the giants awful secondary, but who knows what new young guys can show?

I like Glenn, hate to see this happen to him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This means more double coverage on TO. It should open things up for Witten.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Terry Glenn, who experienced a setback in his recovery from knee surgery Thursday, is expected to miss at least the next two weeks.
Owner Jerry Jones basically called Glenn out indefinitely. There is a chance he may require more surgery, and a previous story on Cowboys.com said he might even miss the entire season, though that report was taken down. Patrick Crayton is now Dallas' new starting flanker and should be owned in every fantasy league. Sam Hurd moves up into the third receiver role.
Source: dallascowboys.com

per rotoworld.com
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, time for Hurd and Austin to step up. I think these two are going to give us a damned good indication of what they've got this season. No hesitation over WR's in the draft.

Well, I think this will ultimately benefit the team, because we're about to see what we've got in young Messrs Hurd and Austin.

By season end, we'll know for sure how high our WR draft pick will need to be.

Last edited by BX : 09-07-2007 at 01:51 PM.
BX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some rumors that say Glenn could be put on IR.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
There are some rumors that say Glenn could be put on IR.
I keep hearing em too, its real wierd, although i have faith in hurd and think he's been waiting for this chance...so i guess we see what were made of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I keep hearing em too, its real wierd, although i have faith in hurd and think he's been waiting for this chance...so i guess we see what were made of
I just saw in on Rotoworld as being reported by someone at ESPN.com. Didn't know if you guys had heard or not.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Hate to lose that speed and experience, although I dont think this injury is that big of a hit... Much better than losing MBIII or FLo or Newman for that matter.

T.O. needs to step up, Crayton and Hurd get their chance, and our TE's are going to see increased production. Good thing I put witten on my bench in fantasy.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Hate to lose that speed and experience, although I dont think this injury is that big of a hit... Much better than losing MBIII or FLo or Newman for that matter.

T.O. needs to step up, Crayton and Hurd get their chance, and our TE's are going to see increased production. Good thing I put witten on my bench in fantasy.
Lol, I have Witten on my bench too. Just picked up Crayton for depth purposes. Still watching to see if Hurd takes the #2 spot due to his size/speed. Crayton is a beast when hes in the slot. I know Crayton is the #2 for week 1.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The focus should be even more on TO, now. What we need to do is take advantage of the safety coverage up top by matching Witten up on a LB he can get away from. Also, I could see Hurd having a good game in the slot, because they're really not to be looking out for him at all.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly out of the 4 main players injured this is the one I am least worried about. Yes it is a step down at WR with him out, but I think we have plenty of depth there, where it won't affect us too much. LB I will be worried if we are out 2 players, because that only leaves us 2 backups with one likely to only rush the passer. If Burnett returns this week, which he probably will, I am still worried about the SOLB, with the inexperience. Then IMO there is no position we would see as much of a drop off in talent by missing one player, than we would see at CB if Newman is out.

All in all I think we have the talent on the offense to be confident in that side of the ball even without Glenn out.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Two Words: Patrick Crayton!
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3009682

Looks like Terry is stuck with two ****** options.