Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jermaine was never a bad player it was just last year we had no one who can get after the qb so they had all day to throw
Old 09-22-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCaddyz View Post
jermaine was never a bad player it was just last year we had no one who can get after the qb so they had all day to throw
Not only that, he was forced to come up and make a lot of tackles as the last line of defense. Obviously he won't make every single open field tackle to bail out his teammates so it's unfair to use him as a scapegoat for the past. It's no coincidence that when our defense improves Jermaine looks like a stud.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I never thought he was that bad. I don't think anyone really thought he needed to be upgraded.
Jermaine was taking a lot of flak from everyone last year. I've always liked him but that was not always the general consensus. Even the coaching staff must have doubted his ability otherwise one Sabbatino Piscitelli would not be wearing a Buc's uniform.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Jermaine was taking a lot of flak from everyone last year. I've always liked him but that was not always the general consensus. Even the coaching staff must have doubted his ability otherwise one Sabbatino Piscitelli would not be wearing a Buc's uniform.
That's not the most effective argument considering Gruden's draft record...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
That's not the most effective argument considering Gruden's draft record...
His draft record is on the improve though. Provided guys like Caddy, Alex Smith, Barrett Ruud, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood and Tanard Jackson continue to develop.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
His draft record is on the improve though. Provided guys like Caddy, Alex Smith, Barrett Ruud, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood and Tanard Jackson continue to develop.
Wow...Gruden gets decent play from 1st and 2nd rounders. Somebody get the man a cookie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I find it amusing that this has turned into a Bucs self-harm thread...

Incidentally, I agree: Gruden stinks, and Payton's success last year resulted, as usually happens, in his head getting stuck in a murky orifice.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

looks like the bucs got our d back
Old 09-23-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I find it amusing that this has turned into a Bucs self-harm thread...

Incidentally, I agree: Gruden stinks, and Payton's success last year resulted, as usually happens, in his head getting stuck in a murky orifice.
Kinda off topic but I really like your sig.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random rants...

Keith Brooking hasn't played at a pro-bowl level since '04. Michael Boley is better than he is, at every facet of the game.

Roddy White punked Ken Lucas, badly. Roddy White is finally playing like the player I thought he would be. He has a freakish combination of size and speed. He hasn't dropped passes either.

Deion Sanders thought the calls on DeAngelo Hall were poor and I agree. The second one, in particular, was terrible. How can you penalize one guy for verbal misconduct and not both? Both Hall and Smith were mouthing off. DeAngelo Hall played the best football of his career. Even if the refs screwed him, it's a shame that happened to overshadow the job he did on Steve Smith.

Joey Harrington showed signs of life. Now I am totally confused. I know Jacksonville and Minnesota have legitimate defenses. How much of it was those two teams just dominating? I am looking for consistency from Harrington. He doesn't have to light up the Texans, who might be without their two starting receivers, but I hope he continues his good play.

Why is Norwood not getting more work? This is driving me insane.

DeShaun Foster wishes he was playing Atlanta every week. I don't know how to explain it, but he just kills the Falcons.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Deangelo Hall is just pure SICK nasty. He's top 3 corner in the NFL.

Roddy White...WTF? Who is this guy? I thought this is what we would see all along...I'm SO happy to see it actually happen in a game.

Overlooked: Michael Jenkins...WOW...guy went up STRONG, extended, snatched the ball, didn't wait for it to get into his body. Made the tough catches and very VERY clutch first downs.

I agree with you Shiv...Norwood is incredible...

Where is Anderson? The kid has skill...I want to see it manifest itself like it did in the one preseason game against a very good offensive line. I want to see the pressure come from his side.

John Abraham...nuts...physical freak...PLEASE stay healthy.

The Falcons: Not out of it yet...even at 0-3 this team showed today that they are getting better every week and have a TON of heart to play with. I kinda hope we just keep games close and don't end up winning a bunch that is going to cost us in the draft. But I want them to know it helps them to fight, just like they've been doing keeping themselves in games. This is how you build a successful foundation. Couple bogus flags and non flags hurt us...badly.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Atlanta will beat an Andre Johnson/Jacoby Jones/Ahman Green-less Texans team at home.

Oh I am glad you mentioned John Abraham, I forgot about him in my thing. He is a beast when healthy. He has consistently worked Travelle Wharton.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I didn't know the Texans were so banged up.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green hurt his knee in the first quarter, though we don't know how serious it is yet. Hunter the Punter took Jones out because he would have kept killing the Colts' miserable special teams, kidding aside Jones separated his left shoulder on the takedown by Smith. A few other Texans players got dinged up, if I recall.

Thankfully the Colts to my knowledge came out with no big injuries. Maybe Roy Hall might have hurt his shoulder on that special teams collision that sent the tackle Killings to the hospital for observation.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Random rants...

Keith Brooking hasn't played at a pro-bowl level since '04. Michael Boley is better than he is, at every facet of the game.

Roddy White punked Ken Lucas, badly. Roddy White is finally playing like the player I thought he would be. He has a freakish combination of size and speed. He hasn't dropped passes either.

Deion Sanders thought the calls on DeAngelo Hall were poor and I agree. The second one, in particular, was terrible. How can you penalize one guy for verbal misconduct and not both? Both Hall and Smith were mouthing off. DeAngelo Hall played the best football of his career. Even if the refs screwed him, it's a shame that happened to overshadow the job he did on Steve Smith.

Joey Harrington showed signs of life. Now I am totally confused. I know Jacksonville and Minnesota have legitimate defenses. How much of it was those two teams just dominating? I am looking for consistency from Harrington. He doesn't have to light up the Texans, who might be without their two starting receivers, but I hope he continues his good play.

DeShaun Foster wishes he was playing Atlanta every week. I don't know how to explain it, but he just kills the Falcons.
I'm glad Roddy White has started showing signs of development. I've always been a fan of his.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

There was tremendous irony that I found interesting: the team added Joe Horn because he was "sure handed" only to watch him drop a pass in the end-zone in a game where Michael Jenkins and Roddy White looked great.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah, that's good.

Although I have no evidence to prove it, I'm sure the veteran Horn is having a very positive effect on the young receivers on this team, the benefits of which we're starting to see.

Last edited by Geo : 09-24-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm kinda worried that when leftwich gets his chance at qb, white is gonna go back to his old ways. our team has too many inconsistencies. leftwich's balls are gonna have differences from harrington's passes and right now white's gotta be feeling he's the go to guy but if leftwich finds his favorite receiver to be jenkins or horn, there goes his confidence again. i have to admit i'm being pessimistic so that if this does happen, i won't be completely surprised.

i really think if the whole vick crap didnt happen, our offense would be very very exciting.

i'm also getting skeptical with petrino's coaching. why did we ditch the spread formation in the 3rd quarter? just running 4,5 wide completely left the middle open for any crossing routes. sigh.. i really agree after that 'high' performance, harrington is gonna stumble again. he just cant be consistent. woodson for the falcons!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i'm kinda worried that when leftwich gets his chance at qb, white is gonna go back to his old ways. our team has too many inconsistencies. leftwich's balls are gonna have differences from harrington's passes and right now white's gotta be feeling he's the go to guy but if leftwich finds his favorite receiver to be jenkins or horn, there goes his confidence again. i have to admit i'm being pessimistic so that if this does happen, i won't be completely surprised.

i really think if the whole vick crap didnt happen, our offense would be very very exciting.

i'm also getting skeptical with petrino's coaching. why did we ditch the spread formation in the 3rd quarter? just running 4,5 wide completely left the middle open for any crossing routes. sigh.. i really agree after that 'high' performance, harrington is gonna stumble again. he just cant be consistent. woodson for the falcons!
I'd worry more about his hands and less about his confidence. Michael Vick & Byron Leftwich have powerful arms and White struggled with Vick's cannon in the past.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Random rants...

Your Keith Brooking statement can go for Dan Morgan and Kris Jenkins too. Lucas has been a disappointment since 2005, as well. The Panthers defense is a complete embarrassment right now and I'm trying to figure out how much of it is underachievement/poor player utilization and how much of it is just the players not being that good.

We're already on the D-Hall argument in the NFL forum, but again, do you not remember when he shoved Smith way after a play was over in the first quarter? He earned at least one of the two personal fouls and the other can be karma for the refs missing that one earlier in the game. It turned out unfortunate for Atlanta that they all came on the same drive as the PI, because I really thought the Panthers had no chance of winning until that turned things around

Don't get too excited about Harrington. Our defense blows and has a knack for making poor quarterbacks look better than they are. I think Leftwich, even if he's as flat footed as David Carr, can win you guys some games when he's ready.

On Norwood, it really makes no sense to me. He gashed us last year too. I figured he wasn't going to be featured as much in the run game with Petrino ditching the ZBS, but at least get him a few more screens or passes in the flat. And he's really no worse an option than Dunn in the new offense, either
Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I posted that before we got into our argument and before I heard he was "abusive" to an official, not Smith. I still think that personal foul was BS, though.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was tremendous irony that I found interesting: the team added Joe Horn because he was "sure handed" only to watch him drop a pass in the end-zone in a game where Michael Jenkins and Roddy White looked great.
He'll still get hurt by Week Five. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, bit of advice, get either Jeff Gacia or Joey Galloway on your team quick, cause they are playing the Panthers and Garcia is looking to go for 400+ yards.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

got'em both
Old 09-24-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Hey guys, bit of advice, get either Jeff Gacia or Joey Galloway on your team quick, cause they are playing the Panthers and Garcia is looking to go for 400+ yards.
The great thing is we actually have an offensive line this year that can give us time in the pocket. That's what could make us dangerous against the Panthers. Michael Clayton just needs to hold on to the ball and we'll have plenty of weapons to pick from.

sig by BoneKrusher