Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Gameday Thread Week 2

Same as last week, discuss all week 2 games. You guys did a pretty good job of keeping this clean last week other than some stuff from the Michigan game, keep it the same this week. As for the individual game threads, as of right now you can make them but keep it to games that will get interest (i.e. two top 25 teams, big rivals, etc). If it gets too ridiculous you guys won't be allowed to make threads anymore and the mods will get to pick which games get threads.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UVA vs. Duke, biggest matchup of the weekend.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually really nervous about the Badgers-UNLV game. My freshman year, 2003, we lost to UNLV and have never played particularly strong against weaker opponents in non-conference games. Should be interesting to see the stadium, I'm thinking the majority are Badger's fans.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been the longest week in recent memory. I am so glad it's over with. I hope Michigan can show why they were ranked #5 to start with.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see PSU run all over Notre Dame and trash Jimmy Clausen.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first SEC game since Saban return, i'm going to give him a good warm welcome if you know what i mean ;) I think we match up pretty good in this game, i'm about to head out talk to ya'll later.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

theres no games that catch my eye this week. ill keep an eye on the score but i dont think theres any i will watch this week
Old 09-08-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I'm excited to see PSU run all over Notre Dame and trash Jimmy Clausen.
Trash??? wow thats a pretty strong opinion for a true freshman starting his first game in front of 110,000 fans.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
theres no games that catch my eye this week. ill keep an eye on the score but i dont think theres any i will watch this week
UM@OU
VT@LSU
NC State@BC
South Carolina@Georgia
ND@PSU
TCU@UT
USF@Auburn

This weekend is stacked.

Smitty Vandy hasn't beaten Alabama in in like 17 years, that's ending today.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Trash??? wow thats a pretty strong opinion for a true freshman starting his first game in front of 110,000 fans.
I believe he was using trash as a verb, not an adjective.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, what a great day of football.

Miami v. Oklahoma @ 12
Michigan v. Oregon @ 3:30
The rest of South Carolina/Georgia & ND/Penn St. once UM's done.
Then Va Tech v. LSU @ 9:15

I've missed this so much. This is how every Saturday should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DG what do you think about Miami today?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
DG what do you think about Miami today?
I think QB play will be the difference in the game. Sam Bradford > Kirby Freeman.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Having a good game against North Texas doesn't make you a better quarterback.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
Having a good game against North Texas doesn't make you a better quarterback.
Don't be a homer. Kirby Freeman looked awful against Marshall last week and he barely beat out Kyle Wright for the starting job. You can't complete 42% of your passes against Marshall and expect to play well against Oklahoma.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea, it's gonna come down to the QB play. Freeman doesn't have to be a stud, but he can't throw for 80 something yards. I'm really excited to see our run game though. That and the front 7 of the defense (Kenny too) should be really fun to watch. The announcers just mentioned it, Eric Moncur may be better than Calais Campbell.

There's our 6-4 260 pound KR. :D

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

what a start.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Not an INT. :D I like the play call though. That really should have been PI. Nix needs to realize he doesn't have Calvin Johnson anymore.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshall giving WVU all they can handle...
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I like the play calling, we just need to execute.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Rain at Oklahoma. I'll take a mud fest.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually pretty impressed by Bradford. They aren't asking him to do much but he's executing well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Akron get a safety?

Btw they are my EXTREME upset watch for the week. This Akron team is actually less talented than the last few years, but I have a feeling that they'll stick around for most of the game and make it tough.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

TD Malcolm Kelly. Kinda close but it looks good.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-08-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

that was a fumble.