Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My NFL preview

It's finally here. The 2007 NFL season is underway. I'm not going to waste any time, and I'm going right to my Super Bowl pick.

Everyone likes the Patriots or Chargers. Not me. The Colts are clearly the best team in the league. It's obvious. And last night's demolition of the Saints has nothing to do with it. That was expected. The Saints are a subpar defensive football team and were depending on an ex-Colt to cover the best no. 2 WR in the NFL (who will have a better season than Marvin Harrison this season). Manning pumps out 3-td 0-int performances like it's nothing- and there's no pressure on him this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him break his own single-season touchdown record. As for the running-game, sure they are screwed if Joseph Addai gets hurt, but if he doesn't, he probably puts up MVP-like numbers and becomes a fantasy stud. Before I get to the defense, lets re-visit one of the head-scratchers of the 2007 NFL draft. Early in round two, a trade was announced. The Colts gave up their 2008 first round pick in order to move up to pick #42, where they surprised most of us and drafted LT Tony Ugoh of Arkansas. For a team clearly weaker on defense, the Colts had used their first two picks (and invested a 2008 first rounder) in two offensive players (Anthony Gonzalez and Ugoh). Curious. Then what happens? Underrated bookend protector Tarik Glenn retires (a little too early, IMO), and Bill Polian and the Colts look like geniuses once again. If you watched Ugoh on Thursday night you saw a young, athletic, mobile LT step in and not allow his team to miss a beat without Tarik Glenn. He held DE Will Smith sackless and flashed signs of great potential. There were a few bumps in the road (Smith beat him once and forced Ugoh to hold him- a smart penalty, actually), but all in all it was a great debut for Ugoh. Can a LT win rookie of the year? We are looking at this year's version of Marcus McNeill folks...

On to the defense. OK. So they lost their two starting CB's. First of all- playing CB in Tony Dungy's tampa 2 scheme is not the most difficult thing in the world to do. You saw Jason David in another uniform on Thursday night, and the guy was toast. Any Titans fans expecting big things from Nick Harper this year- my advice to you is to wait for Pacman. Plus, Marlin Jackson might actually be BETTER than both David and Harper. He's physical, not overly fast, has decent ball skills, and can tackle. Remember, the guy was a first round pick. As for Kelvin Hayden and Daymeion Hughes (when the hell did he change his first name to Dante? And why?), they are both solid NFL DB's who will make some plays and be exploited at times- like all CB's in the NFL. (I still maintain that playing CB is the single most difficult position to play in the NFL- aside from QB). When everyone said this offseason- "The Colts lost too much on defense", they are completely ignoring the fact that Bob Sanders was sidelined for a good portion of last season. If you factor in the losses (Booger McFarland, the two CB's, etc.), but ADD in a top five safety in the game, how did the Colts lose too much? They probably gained if anything. I'm not anointing this D as the '85 Bears and they may very well give up some 4 TD games to Maurice Jones-Drew. But the bottom line is- this defense is not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. The D-Line is solid, the LB's are solid, Bob Sanders is healthy, and Antoine Bethea is one of the more underrated defensive players in the entire league. They might not be a top ten defense statistically, but beyond the elite defenses in the NFL, the Colts rank right there with rest.

Oh and they have Peyton Manning- who is well on his way to being the greatest QB of all time. Colts win the Super Bowl again (unless Addai gets hurt- actually, screw it- in that case they'll just ride DeDe Dorsey all the way to the championship again).

Now on to the rest of this crazy league...

AFC East

1) Patriots- OK so they gave Tom Brady some new toys at WR, drafted Brandon Meriweather and stayed the same along the offensive line and for the most part the defense. Rodney Harrison and Seymour are out for a while, but it won't matter. Jarvis Green is fine and James Sanders will do quite well at safety. I still think the Colts absolutely own the Patriots (they've won the last three contests), so I'm not as high on these Pats as most others are. Their coach and QB make them the front-runners to lose to the Colts in the AFC championship, but I just don't think they can beat Indy. What's kind of scary is their schedule, with 6 automatic wins in their incredibly weak division. At worst 11-5, at best 13-3.

2) Bills- Marshawn Lynch had absolutely NO WHERE to go in the preseason. If the O-line doesn't step it up, this team is going to be dreadful once again. My guess is that they'll put it together. They lost their best two defensive players in free agency and I'm not exactly a J.P. Losman fan, but Jason Peters (how did he go undrafted again?) and Lee Evans are two rising stars and the rest of the division pretty much sucks. Probably won't challenge for a wild card but could go 8-8 at absolute best. More like the 6-10, 7-9 range.

3) Jets- This team is SCREAMING 6-10. First of all, the left side of the offensive line is in shambles. Jacob Bender was HORRENDOUS in the preseason, and the D-Brick over Matt Leinart pick in the 06 draft is starting to look like a typical Jets draft-day gaffe. And all you have to do is look at the schedule. Last year the Jets were awarded a playoff spot with the easiest schedule in the league (they lost to Cleveland, too). How's this for pressure? Beat Cleo Lemon and you're in the playoffs. Real tough. And I haven't even gotten to the QB yet. Chad Pennington is horrible. Terrible. Not an NFL QB. Smart guy- maybe, doesn't have an NFL arm- never did. Peter King rated him like #105ish in his top 500 players in the NFL list. What? Chad Pennington is the 105th best football player in the world? There are only 104 players I would rather have than Chad Pennington? Did he watch the Jets at all last year? Thomas Jones will struggle behind that O-line, and the defense (like Revis and Rhodes- hate everybody else), will keep them in some games. 6-10. Done.

4) Dolphins- Not much to say about this team. When Jesse Chatman is getting headlines in the offseason, you know you're heading in the wrong direction. Top 5 in the 2008 NFL draft? They're a contender for that. 3-13 wouldn't surprise me. Neither would 6-10.

AFC North

1) Ravens- Tough, tough division to predict. First of all, I think the Bengals and Ravens will split the season series and end up tied at the end. 9-7, 9-7 or 10-6, 10-6. So you could put the Bengals here at one. The division will be decided by a tiebreaker. It will be interesting to see if McNair can stay healthy again, and if Willis McGahee can actually do something on a solid team. The defense remains dominant- losing Thomas won't slow them down too much. 9-7 or 10-6.

2) Bengals- I can't wait to see what Chad Johnson does this year. The defense is still shaky, but Carson, Rudi, and the Beavers on the outside give them a shot at the playoffs. 9-7, or 10-6.

3) Steelers- A very tough team to read. What Big Ben will we see? Santonio Holmes could have a breakout year (look at his stats at the end of last season). Everything else pretty much stays the same besides the head coach, so it's really all on Big Ben. I don't trust him to make the playoffs, but they'll be competitive. 8-8 seems about right, but a game or two under.500 wouldn't surprise me at all.

4) Browns- JUST PLAY BRADY QUINN. The funny thing about Joe Thomas is this. If Brady Quinn ends up being a bust, Joe Thomas automatically is a bust too. Why? Because if the Browns spend the next 4-5 years finding out that Brady Quinn was not worth it, what a waste of a pick is it to pass on Adrian Peterson- who could make an impact right away- to land Thomas, who could become a great o-lineman on a team no one cares about. I'm still just annoyed that they screwed the Cardinals by taking Thomas at 3. I like the safeties and Wimbley, but this team still has a lot of holes. Calais Campbell? 4-12ish.

AFC South
1) Colts- Best team. Best player. Good coach. They could go 16-0. Or 11-5. Either way, they'll win the Super Bowl again.

2) Titans- Why Michael Griffin? Why not help Vince Young with a WR? Why Titans? WHY?!? Well, that question seems to have been answered. Michael Griffin was arguably the best football player on the board when the Titans picked him. Versatile, aggressive, great special teams potential, Griffin was great value at 19 overall. And if you look at the WR's who went later on (Bowe, Meachem, Davis, Gonzalez), only Gonzalez figures to make an impact this season (And that's because he's the #3 with Peyton Manning). The other three (coincidentally all from the SEC), are rumored to be red-shirting. How would a shaky, young, inexperienced, rookie WR fare with a QB not known for his accuracy? Titans made the right pick, despite what many said. Now, what really stops me from making this team my mega-sleeper is Pacman. Pacman, Pacman, Pacman. Stay out of the strip clubs, and get on the field. You have the potential to be a game-changer on special teams and on defense and you could develop into one of the games best CB's. Call me crazy, but as for troubled, talented, NFL goofballs- I'd rather have Pacman as my #1 CB than Vick as my #1 QB. Jeff Fisher is a good coach, and LenDale White can't possibly be this bad, can he? Vince Young is special and Keith Bullock gets overlooked each year. They'll challenge for a playoff spot. 9-7, 10-6ish.

3) Jaguars- It's sad. MJD, Fragile Fred, a very good, physical, defense. Rashean Mathis. And this team will be held down, once again by it's QB situation. And they're destined for mediocrity because the solid defense will always keep them around .500. Del Rio will get the ax soon enough, and away we go. And the sadder thing is, beyond Brian Brohm, there just aren't too many QB's to get excited about in the upcoming two drafts. Can Matt Jones move back? 7-9ish.

4) Texans- Sleeper alert. Jacoby Jones looks like a stud in the making. Matt Schaub could be good. Some of the D-lineman have to turn into good players, right? Michael Boulware was a good acquisition for a team needing help at S. DeMeco Ryans is a beast. Andre Johnson could easily catch 100 balls. They O-line situation is still sketchy, but everything else seems to be moving in the right direction. They are a Darren McFadden away from being a contender. But the only way they are going to get McFadden is if they land a top 3 pick... hmmm. OK forget the sleeper alert- 3-13 and McFadden is in Houston. The Bush mistake is overlooked when D-Mac is stiff-arming his way to rookie of the year honors in 08 and Mario Williams is introducing himself to Vince Young twice a year. A little ahead of myself? So what.

AFC West

1) Chargers- They are good, yes, but I just don't trust them to beat the Patriots or Colts. Craig Davis in round one? That was a joke right? I love these teams that just refuse to improve their subpar WR corps year after year. The Chargers are one of them. However, they do have one of the league's best O-line's, the best TE, and the best HB. Philip Rivers is the key to the season. If he plays as well as he did last year, or improves, they'll be a top 3 team in the AFC. If he struggles, they could go 9-7 and still win this division. I'll guess he'll be fine. The defense is strong and Merriman could win DPOY again. Not 14-2, but 11-5 seems about right. 10-6 wouldn't surprise me though, either.

2) Raiders- WHAT? Raiders before Denver? I don't know, I just like this defense. I know McCown is the starter right now, but once Culpepper comes in, can't you just see Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry going off for a few games? Plus LaMont Jordan is pissed off, and Art Shell is no longer there. Great young secondary, and no one will be taking them seriously. Could sneak up on a lot of teams. 7-9 seems about right.

3) Broncos- Some think this is a Super Bowl team. I disagree. I see Cutler taking a step back this year, and deficiencies along the defensive line won't help their run defense. I love their CB's yes, but Lynch has lost a step and D.J. Williams seems like this years version of Jonathan Vilma- not in the right situation for him to succeed. Shanny is a great coach, but I'm just not buying the Broncos this season. 6-10, 7-9ish.

4) Chiefs- Worst coach in the NFL. Shaky o-line. Aging defense. No passing game. With the first pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.

NFC East

1) Giants- Eli Manning grew up this offseason. When Tiki Barber questioned his leadership skills, Eli fired back at the selfish HB, and finally showed the kind of confidence we've been waiting for from the young guy. Look, for all the heat this kid takes, lets take a look at one important statistic. Not yards, not touchdowns, not picks, not rating. With the shaky team around him (lameduck coach, bad secondary, sketchy o-line), Eli Manning, who is STILL A YOUNG QB (I don't know why everyone treats him like he's been in the league for 10 years), has led his team to the playoffs in TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS. This is not a typo. Yes, the victim of a million jokes about his somewhat awkward demeanor, Eli Manning, in his ONLY two full years as a starting QB in the NFL- HAS NEVER MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. Give the kid a break. On to the rest of the team- Aaron Ross was a horrible pick. He will be nothing more than a nickel back in the NFL. The Giants secondary is terrible. With the kind of pass rush they can generate (Kiwi, Tuck, Osi, Strahan), any other secondary in the league would be solid if not spectacular. They need DB's badly, as R.W. McQuarters and Sam Madison are just not cutting it. The defense is a little inconsistent, but has potential. IF Eli and the offense can have a big year and keep the D off the field, this team will be good. And I predict Eli breaks out this year. Something like 23 td's and 11 interceptions. As for the running-game, has there ever been a more overrated offseason loss than Tiki Barber? OK. Tiki was good, but come on. People act like the Chargers are losing LT. Tiki was more of a distraction than a team player, and obviously he and Eli weren't on the same page. The game of football is more than just 11 individuals carrying out their duty on each play. It's 11 men working TOGETHER to achieve success through communication, execution, and teamwork. Call me superstitious or whatever but how can you expect success from a team with a HB whose not on the same page as his QB or his head coach? You can't! It's amazing that they made the playoffs last year. I'd rather have Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns than Tiki Barber. There it is- I said it. And I hope Tiki doesn't make it to the hall of fame. As you can tell, I'm not a huge Tiki fan. Good talent, not someone I'd want on my team. At least T.O. cares about winning- you get the feeling Tiki just played because it was his job. NO ONE is picking the Giants. 10-6. You heard it here first.

2) Cowboys- I want to put them at 1, I really do. I think they have one of the most talented teams in the league. I like Wade Phillips and really think DeMarcus Ware can win DPOY this season. The secondary is solid with the addition of Ken Hamlin and the offensive line played well last season. Tony Romo is still a question mark in my book, and now opposing coordinators have film on him. Terry Glenn is rumored to be out for maybe the whole season, which will hurt the offense, and make teams focus on T.O. even more. They should've drafted another WR. 8-8 to 10-6. Contend for a wild card spot.

3) Eagles- IF McNabb stays healthy, they'll be in contention to win the division. But he never does, so why would this year be any different? The receivers don't excite me and the defense is getting up there in age. The window of opportunity is closing fast on this team. Kevin Kolb looks like a stud, though. 9-7 seems about right.

4) Redskins- Sleeper alert. Portis behind a good o-line? Pete Kendall was a great addition. Jason Campbell could pull a Tony Romo and lead this overlooked team to the playoffs. I wouldn't bet on it, though. As for the defense, it's talented, but they seem to annually underachieve. 6-10ish. This is such a tough division to predict, as I could see #4 being #1, and #1 being #4.

NFC North
1) Bears- THIS IS THE WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL. The Bears win it by default. Rex Grossman is erratic, but will have his moments in the regular season. I just don't trust him in the playoffs, especially if they have to go on the road. This is still a dominant defense and Devin Hester is just scary. They won't win as many as last year, but they'll have the division wrapped up early. 10-6 or 11-5 seems right.

2) Packers- Solid CB duo. Rising defense. Favre is still holding them back, and the running-game hinges on an unproven and unspectacular rookie from Nebraska. They'll win some games, but that's only because this division is just brutal. 7-9ish.

3) Lions- I want to pick them to win the division, I really do. But I just can't. Calvin's not ready, Jon Kitna is Jon Kitna, and they have no secondary. Other than that, this is a sleeper candidate. They'll win some games, but like the rest of this division, it won't be pretty this season. 6-10ish.

4) Vikings- Travaris Jackson. Bobby Wade. Troy Williamson. We have a great running-game, including the steal of the draft with AD, and a solid defense, but we are going to rely on the worst WR corps in the history of the world and Travaris Jackson at QB. Byron Leftwich, are you there? On the bright side, Sidney Rice is the next Chris Henry (Bengals WR). But not with Jackson, sorry. 5-11ish.

NFC South

1) Saints- 0-1 so what. This team has a lot going for them. Are they the NFC juggernauts everyone else is making them out to be? Probably not. Are they a good bet to go to the Super Bowl? Probably not. The defense is still sketchy and they won't sneak up on anyone this year. Plus a harder schedule, and away we go. 10-6ish.

2) Falcons- Joey Harrington? I'm joking, right? Wrong. I'm a Bobby Petrino guy and this team will be a lot better than people think. Maybe not playoffs, but they'll be in the mix. 7-9 to 9-7.

3) Panthers- Everyone's favorite preseason pick is back at it again. As long as Jake Delhomme is still under center, I'll stay away from picking the Panthers to go to the playoffs. The defense is great, sure, but the offense can't get it done. 7-9ish.

4) Buccaneers- Jake Long alert! Jake Long alert!

NFC West
1) Seahawks- Marcus Tubbs out for the season. UGH. Let's re-visit the 2004 NFL draft. After the Cowboys inexplicably passed on Steven Jackson only to take Julius Jones in round two, Seattle was sitting there with a gaping need at DT. Vince Wilfork had been scooped up by the Patriots a few picks earlier (HOW DID HE FALL SO FAR I'LL NEVER KNOW), so the Seahawks had a decision to make. Marcus Tubbs or Steven Jackson? I wanted Jackson. I did. Hometown kid, hard runner, easily the best HB in the 04 class. Shaun Alexander was in his prime, but come on- it's Shaun Alexander. Sure he's OK but did the Hawks really want to give him that contract two years ago? NO! He runs soft, offers nothing in the passing game, and reminds me of a west coast version of Tiki Barber. Plus, the shelflife of an average NFL HB is short, and its STEVEN FREAKIN' JACKSON. The Seahawks pulled this same stunt with Ricky Watters a few years earlier when they drafted Shaun Alexander to be the HB of the future. It worked out. So of course, they'll do it again with Steven Jackson. Right? Nope. Marcus Tubbs. Eh, whatever, let's see how Tubbs can do. Well he's been great when he's been on the field. The problem is- HE CAN'T STAY ON THE FIELD! Two straight years on IR and now he's probably seen his last days as a Seattle Seahawk. There goes the run defense, there goes the Super Bowl chances, there goes the 2007 season. Unless BRANDON MEBANE- remember that name- can make a difference. We know this team got better, we know they're healthy on offense now. If the run defense holds up- IF- this team will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. 11-5ish.

2) Cardinals- Every year the Cardinals are super sleeper. Every year, they are talented, especially on offense. But what makes this year different? BECAUSE THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!!! Denny Green is gone and in comes Ken Whisenhunt, who won a Super Bowl when his best passer was Antwaan Randle El. Rus Grimm, Al Johnson, Gandy, and Levi Brown help the line, and Edge is set up for a big year. Matt Leinart has USC-like WR's and the defense will do just enough in a division without much defense. Everyone hypes up the Niners when the Cardinals are clearly better- I don't get it. 9-7ish. Contend for a wild card.

3) Rams- I wanted to pick them to win the entire NFC. Then I took a look at their defense. Sorry, Rams fans, Adam Carriker is not the type of guy to take your team to the next level. He could be a good player, but that's no reason to think you've made the leap. Bulger's alright, and Steven Jackson is a beast, but the defense will hold them back again. 8-8ish.

4) 49ers- Everyone's favorite preseason pick. Ahhh, I love it. This team is so overrated it makes me sick. Just watch. Alex Smith will struggle all year, and once Frank Gore and Darrell Jackson go down, it's over. Patrick Willis was a great pick, but they overpayed for Nate Clements and won't be able to sneak up on anyone this year. 6-10ish.

Awards
MVP- Peyton Manning
DPOY- DeMarcus Ware
OROY- Adrian Peterson
DROY- Patrick Willis

Playoffs
AFC
1) Colts
2) Patriots
3) Chargers
4) Ravens
5) Bengals
6) Titans

NFC
1) Seahawks
2) Bears
3) Saints
4) Giants
5) Cowboys
6) Cardinals

AFC Championship: Colts over Patriots
NFC Championship: Seahawks over Saints

Super Bowl XLII: Colts 34, Seahawks 20
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you a Colts fan or not but this screams homer, I'm glad you notice how bad the Rams D is unlike all the tards at ESPN

overall good write up

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
3) Jets- This team is SCREAMING 6-10. First of all, the left side of the offensive line is in shambles. Jacob Bender was HORRENDOUS in the preseason, and the D-Brick over Matt Leinart pick in the 06 draft is starting to look like a typical Jets draft-day gaffe. And all you have to do is look at the schedule. Last year the Jets were awarded a playoff spot with the easiest schedule in the league (they lost to Cleveland, too). How's this for pressure? Beat Cleo Lemon and you're in the playoffs. Real tough. And I haven't even gotten to the QB yet. Chad Pennington is horrible. Terrible. Not an NFL QB. Smart guy- maybe, doesn't have an NFL arm- never did. Peter King rated him like #105ish in his top 500 players in the NFL list. What? Chad Pennington is the 105th best football player in the world? There are only 104 players I would rather have than Chad Pennington? Did he watch the Jets at all last year? Thomas Jones will struggle behind that O-line, and the defense (like Revis and Rhodes- hate everybody else), will keep them in some games. 6-10. Done
this was all i read, but i'll read the rest later.

typical Jets draft-day gaffe?? D'Brick was an easy pick, and i question whether u watched anything in college. he hasn't looked great in the NFL i agree, but he's still exremely young and has room to grow. typical quick reaction by a person who doesn't know his stuff. Also, Leinart? Give me Cutler pre and post draft, without a doubt.

Pennington is horrible?? he plays 12+ games and the Jets always make the playoffs. he doesn't they don't. U watch a preseason game or highlights and think u have a clue......wake up.

I'd go as far as to neg rep u because this isn't something that shows much knowledge, but since u put in so much effort to write a long piece i'll let it pass and say that i hope the rest of this long post is better than this small portion.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Last edited by The Great Jonathan Vilma : 09-08-2007 at 06:30 PM.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you call yourself a Vikings fan when you can't even get Tarvaris Jackson's name right?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
AFC West

1) Chargers- They are good, yes, but I just don't trust them to beat the Patriots or Colts. Craig Davis in round one? That was a joke right? I love these teams that just refuse to improve their subpar WR corps year after year. The Chargers are one of them.
Read most of the post, disagreed with a lot of it, don't think its worth it to debate every little detail I didn't like, so I skipped to my team. Not a bad overall evaluation, just wanted to point out the obvious paradox (?) here...

The Chargers draft a WR in round one...yet they refused to improve their WR corps?
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and they have Peyton Manning- who is well on his way to being the greatest QB of all time. Colts win the Super Bowl again (unless Addai gets hurt- actually, screw it- in that case they'll just ride DeDe Dorsey all the way to the championship again).
not sure when u wrote this, or if u know, but Kenton Keith is the backup and Dorsey isn't even on the squad.....

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are you?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I'd go as far as to neg rep u because this isn't something that shows much knowledge, but since u put in so much effort to write a long piece i'll let it pass and say that i hope the rest of this long post is better than this small portion.
Its not, don't waste your time.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the belief in the Titans, baby! And you're right about Michael Griffin. He is clearly a playmaker. How long did it take you to right all of that?
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AFC West

1) Chargers- They are good, yes, but I just don't trust them to beat the Patriots or Colts. Craig Davis in round one? That was a joke right? I love these teams that just refuse to improve their subpar WR corps year after year. The Chargers are one of them. However, they do have one of the league's best O-line's, the best TE, and the best HB. Philip Rivers is the key to the season. If he plays as well as he did last year, or improves, they'll be a top 3 team in the AFC. If he struggles, they could go 9-7 and still win this division. I'll guess he'll be fine. The defense is strong and Merriman could win DPOY again. Not 14-2, but 11-5 seems about right. 10-6 wouldn't surprise me though, either.
Dude. The Colts drafted Anthony Gonzales in the first round as well so I don't know what you're talking about. We needed a wide receiver and we got the best available. Who else were we going to get? Jarrett. We already have someone like that in Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson. Steve Smith? Also have someone who can move the chain in Eric Parker.
In the end we needed a deep threat, and we got one in Davis. And who's to say it's a reach. If anything, I have a strange feeling that if we didn't pick him then Indy would have.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Read most of the post, disagreed with a lot of it, don't think its worth it to debate every little detail I didn't like, so I skipped to my team. Not a bad overall evaluation, just wanted to point out the obvious paradox (?) here...

The Chargers draft a WR in round one...yet they refused to improve their WR corps?
Key word: IMPROVE. Craig Davis was a terrible pick. I don't care if they drafted him at #1 overall, it doesn't IMPROVE their WR corps. Just because you draft a guy in round one, doesn't mean he automatically becomes a solid NFL player. If you want to say they "tried to improve their WR corps" you can say that. I guess they did try (and failed, IMO). I just would have never drafted Craig Davis...

How can you call yourself a Vikings fan when you can't even get Tarvaris Jackson's name right?

I'm not a Vikings fan and as you can tell, this isn't any official article or anything. If it was, I would have looked up his name.

I don't know if you a Colts fan or not but this screams homer, I'm glad you notice how bad the Rams D is unlike all the tards at ESPN

I'm a Seahawks fan. I just don't understand how the Colts get so much disrespect when they are clearly the best team in the NFL.

As for DeDe Dorsey- I did not check every single preseason cut, sorry. I am aware now that Kenton Keith is the backup. Honestly I just wanted to write "ride DeDe Dorsey to the title" because DeDe Dorsey is one of the funniest names in the NFL. I picked him up in fantasy last season just so I could re-name my team "The DeDe Dorsey" train.

Don't know what neg rep means.

As for Pennington, I live in New York. I've seen nearly every single game of his career. His atrocious performance this preseason has nothing to do with my thoughts on him as a bad NFL QB. When he's healthy (rarely), he does usually lead his team to some victories. You got me there. I have no argument, winning football games is the number one most important stat for a QB. However, I hate everything else about him and I still don't like his physical tools, and will NEVER believe that Chad will lead a team to the Super Bowl. (That's what you ultimately want from your QB, right?). I'll agree to disagree when it comes to pop-gun Pennington.

As for D-Brick over Leinart- I know exactly what D-Brick is. He's a young player just getting his feet wet in the NFL. He showed signs last year but still has a lot of room to improve. I said it's STARTING to look like a typical Jets draft-day Gaffe. In time, we will know whether or not it is. I don't want to re-visit Leinart vs. Cutler, but I just wish the Jets (for their sake) had taken any QB, and to me, Leinart was/is the best one. If you disagree and think Cutler is/will be better, that's fine. I see both points of view in the ML vs. JC argument. In time we will know the answer...

Who are you?

I am an average NFL fan who decided to put together a short preview based on my gut feeling for each team. Many of my predictions will be wrong (and some of my analysis will probably end up being false too), I admit. But I can't stand the crappy previews we get with the same information and every "analyst" taking no chances and making the "safe" picks in predicting this league when in all reality it is a crapshoot.
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

ouch, not a fan of the chiefs huh?
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
thanks for helping me save time. much appreciated

Quote:
Old 09-08-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Care to share some constructive criticism, angry Packers fan?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not a Vikings fan and as you can tell, this isn't any official article or anything. If it was, I would have looked up his name.
You mentioned the Vikings as "we" in your little sum up.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a Seahawks fan.
Well that would explain the Seahawks in the Superbowl prediction.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Key word: IMPROVE. Craig Davis was a terrible pick. I don't care if they drafted him at #1 overall, it doesn't IMPROVE their WR corps. Just because you draft a guy in round one, doesn't mean he automatically becomes a solid NFL player. If you want to say they "tried to improve their WR corps" you can say that. I guess they did try (and failed, IMO). I just would have never drafted Craig Davis...
I highly doubt you have seen enough footage of Craig Davis, or studied him hard enough to make any kind of judgement on Craig Davis. And even if you didn't he looked fine in the presesaon. But how he does is besdies my point, what did you expect them to do. You said they just don't improve their WR corps? They had to start somewhere! What did you want them to do, trade for Chad Johnson? They have to start somewhere, and they sure as hell won't be able to bring in an impact player without overpaying anyway.

I doubt you know enough about the Chargers WR situation as is, Vincent Jackson is the number one receiver. He's going into his third year, he was drafted to improve the WRs. Craig Davis was drafted this year. They are improving the position, they weren't just going to snap their fingers and fix the problem.

Wide Receiver is the most insignificant position as is in the NFL anyway.

For someone who is sick of the media always taking the same stance, I'm pretty sure there's tons of the media that will tell you it was a bad pick or a reach.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
You mentioned the Vikings as "we" in your little sum up.
Oh. That's a mistake. There are probably a bunch of those.... Is Whisenhunt spelled right?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I'm a Seahawks fan. I just don't understand how the Colts get so much disrespect when they are clearly the best team in the NFL.

As for DeDe Dorsey- I did not check every single preseason cut, sorry. I am aware now that Kenton Keith is the backup. Honestly I just wanted to write "ride DeDe Dorsey to the title" because DeDe Dorsey is one of the funniest names in the NFL. I picked him up in fantasy last season just so I could re-name my team "The DeDe Dorsey" train.

Don't know what neg rep means.

As for Pennington, I live in New York. I've seen nearly every single game of his career. His atrocious performance this preseason has nothing to do with my thoughts on him as a bad NFL QB. When he's healthy (rarely), he does usually lead his team to some victories. You got me there. I have no argument, winning football games is the number one most important stat for a QB. However, I hate everything else about him and I still don't like his physical tools, and will NEVER believe that Chad will lead a team to the Super Bowl. (That's what you ultimately want from your QB, right?). I'll agree to disagree when it comes to pop-gun Pennington.

As for D-Brick over Leinart- I know exactly what D-Brick is. He's a young player just getting his feet wet in the NFL. He showed signs last year but still has a lot of room to improve. I said it's STARTING to look like a typical Jets draft-day Gaffe. In time, we will know whether or not it is. I don't want to re-visit Leinart vs. Cutler, but I just wish the Jets (for their sake) had taken any QB, and to me, Leinart was/is the best one. If you disagree and think Cutler is/will be better, that's fine. I see both points of view in the ML vs. JC argument. In time we will know the answer...

Who are you?

I am an average NFL fan who decided to put together a short preview based on my gut feeling for each team. Many of my predictions will be wrong (and some of my analysis will probably end up being false too), I admit. But I can't stand the crappy previews we get with the same information and every "analyst" taking no chances and making the "safe" picks in predicting this league when in all reality it is a crapshoot.

i like this post because u went about defending ur previous comments in a well spoken manner. i do appreciate ur effort for writing a long full league review, that takes time and effort. people will always disagree, but props for the effort and putting them out there.

As for Pennington. a winner is a winner, but i see what ur getting at as far as arm strength, etc. but i'll take the wins. he's a smart QB who knows his limitations. Do i think he can lead us to the SB? Probably not, but its not going to be all him. Peyton won it last year after his worst playoff performance, and there have been plenty of 'not SB caliber QBs' who have won the big one. Think Dilfer, or Brad Johnson (similar player).

D'Brick hasn't looked great, i agree. i believe he needs to put on some weight to handle the bigger DEs. Leinart or Cutler is another topic, but a LT was a definite need and the hope was that Pennington would come back healthy, which he did. You get one pick, and LT was the correct choice IMO, and they were able to get Kellen in the second round.

What did u mean by 'typical Jets draft-day Gaffe'. I don't know if the Jets have been poor enough drafters to get this sort of title, we aren't Detroit. To be honest, there are a large number of players that are part of this team that were drafted by the Jets. i won't list all of them, but the list is long, including first day studs and later steals.

again i'll say thanks for the effort of the long post, but with those sorts of comments about peoples teams u have to expect some good debates, for or against

Quote:
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I highly doubt you have seen enough footage of Craig Davis, or studied him hard enough to make any kind of judgement on Craig Davis. And even if you didn't he looked fine in the presesaon. But how he does is besdies my point, what did you expect them to do. You said they just don't improve their WR corps? They had to start somewhere! What did you want them to do, trade for Chad Johnson? They have to start somewhere, and they sure as hell won't be able to bring in an impact player without overpaying anyway.

I doubt you know enough about the Chargers WR situation as is, Vincent Jackson is the number one receiver. He's going into his third year, he was drafted to improve the WRs. Craig Davis was drafted this year. They are improving the position, they weren't just going to snap their fingers and fix the problem.

Wide Receiver is the most insignificant position as is in the NFL anyway.

For someone who is sick of the media always taking the same stance, I'm pretty sure there's tons of the media that will tell you it was a bad pick or a reach.
Just because I'm sick of Sean Salisbury picking the Panthers every year and everyone proclaiming the Chargers and Pats as better than Colts, doesn't mean I don't agree with popular opinion on some points.

I did watch Craig "Buster" Davis at LSU and came away unimpressed. Early Doucet was better and Dwayne Bowe was better. Davis doesn't have the strength to succeed against the phsyical DB's in the NFL and I question his route-running. He reminds me of a poor-mans Devery Henderson.

I wouldn't touch him until the 4th round. That's just my opinion.

What did I want the Chargers to do? You have a point- it's not easy to improve your WR corps by trading for Chad Johnson like you said. What would I have done? Probably taken Dwayne Jarrett. Now Jarrett hasn't done much yet in his young career, but I would still take him over Craig Davis. You can tell me that Vincent Jackson is the same type of WR as Jarrett, and you may have a point there. I still go for the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available and if you had your heart set on a WR there, you take DJ, no questions asked.

And I agree with you that WR is probably one of the more insignificant positions in the NFL. Which is why, WITH a subpar WR corps, I still think the Chargers contend in the AFC.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just because I'm sick of Sean Salisbury picking the Panthers every year and everyone proclaiming the Chargers and Pats as better than Colts, doesn't mean I don't agree with popular opinion on some points.

I did watch Craig "Buster" Davis at LSU and came away unimpressed. Early Doucet was better and Dwayne Bowe was better. Davis doesn't have the strength to succeed against the phsyical DB's in the NFL and I question his route-running. He reminds me of a poor-mans Devery Henderson.

I wouldn't touch him until the 4th round. That's just my opinion.

What did I want the Chargers to do? You have a point- it's not easy to improve your WR corps by trading for Chad Johnson like you said. What would I have done? Probably taken Dwayne Jarrett. Now Jarrett hasn't done much yet in his young career, but I would still take him over Craig Davis. You can tell me that Vincent Jackson is the same type of WR as Jarrett, and you may have a point there. I still go for the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available and if you had your heart set on a WR there, you take DJ, no questions asked.

And I agree with you that WR is probably one of the more insignificant positions in the NFL. Which is why, WITH a subpar WR corps, I still think the Chargers contend in the NFC.
I disagree strongly with the 4th round assessment, and he wasn't drafted for his strength. I'm not trying to blindly support the guy, I was upset with the pick too, but LSU fans all had a lot of good thigns to say about him, which gives some comfort.

Now, that being said, the reason we don't go Jarrett is personnell issues. We really, really could not have drafted another big slow guy, its all we have, that certainly would not have been improving. Just like you say Davis' strength is an issue, why can't you say Jarrett's speed will be an issue with the faster NFL players? If you want him for his catching, Davis has just as good, if not better hands then Jarrett has.

I just have an issue with you saying they didn't improve. There was nothing else they could have done to improve.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

4) Buccaneers- Jake Long alert! Jake Long alert!
If the Bucs are as bad as you think they are, which they aren't, Brohm would be the logical pick.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post

What did u mean by 'typical Jets draft-day Gaffe'. I don't know if the Jets have been poor enough drafters to get this sort of title, we aren't Detroit. To be honest, there are a large number of players that are part of this team that were drafted by the Jets. i won't list all of them, but the list is long, including first day studs and later steals.
You must be a young Jets fan...

Have you ever seen the annual Jets draft day gaffe clips on ESPN?

Recently the Jets drafts have been amazing compared to what they used to be...
Old 09-08-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with the Broncos assessment. It wouldn't totally shock me to see us miss the playoffs, but I'm still expecting 8-8 to 10-6 area. I don't see how Cutler will take a step back, with a stud LT coming back, a full offseason to work with Walker, and another year of experience for Marshall and Scheffler, and an improved running game. Those all would seem to lead to more successes, if you ask me. I think we'll finish 2nd in the division, although like you, I'm not expecting the Raiders to suck this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I disagree with the Broncos assessment. It wouldn't totally shock me to see us miss the playoffs, but I'm still expecting 8-8 to 10-6 area. I don't see how Cutler will take a step back, with a stud LT coming back, a full offseason to work with Walker, and another year of experience for Marshall and Scheffler, and an improved running game. Those all would seem to lead to more successes, if you ask me. I think we'll finish 2nd in the division, although like you, I'm not expecting the Raiders to suck this year.
My rationale on Cutler (and Alex Smith for that matter), is pretty stupid, to be honest.

The way I see it, there are a bunch of young QB's who will play a prominent role in the success of their team this season. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, J.P. Losman, probably missing some off the top of my head. Now, ALL of them aren't going to do well. It's just not going to happen. So because I predict a big year from Eli, Vince, and Matt, and predict Ben and J.P. to be so-so, the young guns who I predict will take a step back are Cutler and Alex Smith. I don't have any great inside information or anything on why this will occur- but it's just my gut feeling. Hopefully, for your sake (a Broncos fan I assume), I'm wrong.