Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Please forgive me oh Yoda! I edited the post. I am so sorry.
Its okay CC, we're still boys.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Hi, I'm Tubby. Nice to have another hawks fan on the board. Go easy on the caps lock.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when did a QB who has had one bad season whilst injured in 4 after being to a SB, NFCCG and a probowl become a negative?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was going to make this comment directly about the Jets evaluation, bu then I read a little more and read some of the comments, and it has become clear to me that you are ********. That is all I have to say, as that's all you deserve, you are an idiot.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, I don't wanna be traded from Las Vegas.
Then traded you will not be o wise one.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I was going to make this comment directly about the Jets evaluation, bu then I read a little more and read some of the comments, and it has become clear to me that you are ********. That is all I have to say, as that's all you deserve, you are an idiot.
Why bother saying anything if you aren't going to bring up at least one point?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Since when did a QB who has had one bad season whilst injured in 4 after being to a SB, NFCCG and a probowl become a negative?
That is a really good question. Since Bulger is starting to be rated, I think Delhomme is the most underrated QB in the league.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why bother saying anything if you aren't going to bring up at least one point?
Because I don't want to waste the time of telling you why nearly everything you said is dumb, and "bothered" to say it because I wanted you to know how I felt..

Old 09-08-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just because I'm sick of Sean Salisbury picking the Panthers every year and everyone proclaiming the Chargers and Pats as better than Colts, doesn't mean I don't agree with popular opinion on some points.

I did watch Craig "Buster" Davis at LSU and came away unimpressed. Early Doucet was better and Dwayne Bowe was better. Davis doesn't have the strength to succeed against the phsyical DB's in the NFL and I question his route-running. He reminds me of a poor-mans Devery Henderson.

I wouldn't touch him until the 4th round. That's just my opinion.

What did I want the Chargers to do? You have a point- it's not easy to improve your WR corps by trading for Chad Johnson like you said. What would I have done? Probably taken Dwayne Jarrett. Now Jarrett hasn't done much yet in his young career, but I would still take him over Craig Davis. You can tell me that Vincent Jackson is the same type of WR as Jarrett, and you may have a point there. I still go for the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available and if you had your heart set on a WR there, you take DJ, no questions asked.
And I agree with you that WR is probably one of the more insignificant positions in the NFL. Which is why, WITH a subpar WR corps, I still think the Chargers contend in the AFC.
Once again we have three tall receivers in Jackson, Floyd, and to an extent Osgood. We also tried to go after hard working and good character guys, both traits evident in Davis. Additionally, Davis is also a guy who's willing to do anything for his team. And that's important because receivers on this team better be good at not only catching the ball, but also run blocking for LT. I don't know how someone like Jarrett would feel to be used in a role like that. All I know is that everyone from Chargers camp has been raving about Davis. And while he may not be the immediate starter, he can still be used in special packages and as the slot receiver.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I've never liked Delhomme. Sorry. I know you are a Panthers fan, but Delhomme has fallen off since he went to the Super Bowl. He targets one WR and is a questionable decision-maker. Plus I don't like the running-game and the defense seems to always underachieve. I'm not going to pick every team to make the playoffs- and as you can tell, I'm not really into "paper" champions... I'll admit, perhaps my views on the Panthers and Delhomme are a bit biased because I still have the images of the 2006 NFC Championship disaster in my head. If Delhomme proves me wrong, you'll be a happy fan. I don't think he will this season, that's all.

I feel like everyone just reads their favorite teams paragraph and if it's not playoffs or division-winning, they get mad and bad-mouth me.

Oh well.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because I don't want to waste the time of telling you why nearly everything you said is dumb, and "bothered" to say it because I wanted you to know how I felt..
Everything I said is dumb? Care to back yourself up with at least ONE example? And even I will admit that there are probably multiple "things" in there that could be deemed "dumb", but instead of being a little *** about it- why don't you man up and point it out to me. Help me out, if I'm so dumb.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

We will just have to wait and see about Carriker. There was a reason he was considered the most pro ready defensive lineman in the draft. As for that Cardinals fan who ripped the Rams D, HA silly Cardinals fan. I hope you have enjoyed the best time of year for a Cardinals fan, the summer of hype, because tomorrow the season begins (monday for the hype factories of San Fran and Zona), and hell descends on Arizona.......moreso than usual.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Everything I said is dumb? Care to back yourself up with at least ONE example? And even I will admit that there are probably multiple "things" in there that could be deemed "dumb", but instead of being a little *** about it- why don't you man up and point it out to me. Help me out, if I'm so dumb.
I don't think everything u said was dumb just a little aecdote to u.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Once again we have three tall receivers in Jackson, Floyd, and to an extent Osgood. We also tried to go after hard working and good character guys, both traits evident in Davis. Additionally, Davis is also a guy who's willing to do anything for his team. And that's important because receivers on this team better be good at not only catching the ball, but also run blocking for LT. I don't know how someone like Jarrett would feel to be used in a role like that. All I know is that everyone from Chargers camp has been raving about Davis. And while he may not be the immediate starter, he can still be used in special packages and as the slot receiver.
I know WHY you took Davis. That's all well and good. It made sense to an extent. You can defend the pick. Your coaches can defend the pick. All I'm saying is that when it is said and done I DO NOT BELIEVE that Craig Davis will improve the SD WR corps. That's all. You can disagree, and I bet you'll be disappointed when he doesn't live up to expectations. And if he does, and I'm wrong, and you no longer have a subpar WR corps because of the emergence of Buster Davis, then the Chargers win and I look like an idiot... Can't the Chargers WR debate just end and we can agree to disagree?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Read a lot into that didn't you? I just wanted to know who he was and why he'd been here for a few months without ever posting. I actually agree with a lot of what he said, especially the Niners being ungodly overrated. He didn't seem to have a problem with what I said, why are you ******** your pants? Oh that's right...you're a douche. I must have missed where you were elected online hall monitor.

By the way...his post is also a good example how you can be 'unconventional' and not look ********. You should take notes, as basically any post you've made outside of the Lions forum you've been called out for being a moron.
Wow... you agreed with a lot of what he said? Really? That's goddamn incredible.

Honestly, when someone puts a "predictions" thread up, and you have something constructive to say, feel free to say it... I'll keep my mouth shut. But, if you "just wanted to know who he was and why he'd been here for a few months without ever posting", do the following: send him a PM. You know, private message? You've been here since December of 2004 and have over 15k posts, yet don't know how to use a PM? Riiiight. What a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
He didn't seem to have a problem with what I said, why are you ******** your pants?
He has relevant posts to worry about... but your complete ignorance shouldn't go ignored.

Oh... and you're right. I've been called out for being a "moron" because I give my opinion with a reasonable argument to support it. I'm used to it, though, because they'll let anyone post on here. Those that actually read and understand my arguments disagree with you.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 09-08-2007 at 09:53 PM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
By the way...his post is also a good example how you can be 'unconventional' and not look ********. You should take notes, as basically any post you've made outside of the Lions forum you've been called out for being a moron.
don't diss the lions fans! i got an infraction for that! :(
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're so quiet now, you little *****. Come on bring up the Matt Leinart thing and defend D-Brick because he's young and still improving. I take a potential franchise QB over a potential franchise LT any day. I'm winning this argument without you even saying anything... *****.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know WHY you took Davis. That's all well and good. It made sense to an extent. You can defend the pick. Your coaches can defend the pick. All I'm saying is that when it is said and done I DO NOT BELIEVE that Craig Davis will improve the SD WR corps. That's all. You can disagree, and I bet you'll be disappointed when he doesn't live up to expectations. And if he does, and I'm wrong, and you no longer have a subpar WR corps because of the emergence of Buster Davis, then the Chargers win and I look like an idiot... Can't the Chargers WR debate just end and we can agree to disagree?
You're the only who started this thread. So reap what you sow... :P
The only way Davis will disappoint me this year is if he has a season ending injury. I don't expect him to put up godly numbers simply because he's a rookie and he's on the same team as LT and Gates. If he can even get a couple TDs it'll be a bonus. At this moment, the guys that I'm concentrating more on is Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd since they are our starting receivers.
It's Eric Weddle that has a lot of expectations to fulfill since safety is more of a concern than wide receiver right now.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
You're the only who started this thread. So reap what you sow... :P
The only way Davis will disappoint me this year is if he has a season ending injury. I don't expect him to put up godly numbers simply because he's a rookie and he's on the same team as LT and Gates. If he can even get a couple TDs it'll be a bonus. At this moment, the guys that I'm concentrating more on is Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd since they are our starting receivers.
It's Eric Weddle that has a lot of expectations to fulfill since safety is more of a concern than wide receiver right now.
Point taken. Agree that anything Davis adds will be a bonus. I just wish they would've done better, that's all (I know they didn't really have an opportunity at Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss).
Old 09-08-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're so quiet now, you little *****. Come on bring up the Matt Leinart thing and defend D-Brick because he's young and still improving. I take a potential franchise QB over a potential franchise LT any day. I'm winning this argument without you even saying anything... *****.
dissing a vet poster around here isn't smart... i mean there's a way to say i think taking d'brick over leinart was a mistake without sounding immature... just calm down man... c'mon now...
Old 09-08-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Vet poster? I'm not intimidated. All he did was say that "nearly everything I said was dumb" and that "he wanted me to let me know how he feels".

Sounds more like a fagget than a respectable poster.

If he deserved any respect he'd back up his shots at me with some points.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this made me LOL big time. good job for all the work you put in, but i disagree so much with this

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is a really good question. Since Bulger is starting to be rated, I think Delhomme is the most underrated QB in the league.
agreed. delhomme is fantastic in the playoffs. plays well with steve smith. and is the most underrated veteran qb.

p.s. the colts were a fluke, it's not like they changed any strategy or major personnel over the past four years that they've been beaten by the pats (minus vinterati) they just managed to get lucky for long enough to win. they're good, I give you that, but the any given sunday, over a long enough time, would allow them to win. And that was last year.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
this made me LOL big time. good job for all the work you put in, but i disagree so much with this
I hope it made you laugh, that was part of my aim. As for the disagreement, I don't expect for many to agree with my predictions. Thanks for reading.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Lol that's funny let's see what Matt Leinart brought to the table last year as a rookie...

A very very mediocre completion percentage, a very low and almost embarrassing QB rating for a "franchise QB" and more interceptions than touchdowns, all with two of the best wide receivers in the NFL.

Meanwhile D'Brick stuffed some of the NFL's best DE's and was part of a rebuilding line. All that said, I find it to be very irrelevant how they did last year. You can't even begin to compare two rookies after their freshman year, to properly evaluate everything, you need to look at the stats and the progression and the talent OVER TIME, 3-4 years maybe. So the only thing you can do to right now is to rate them based on potential, and I'm sorry, but in the last two drafts, other than maybe Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush, there is NO other player who has the potential to be as dominating a player as D'Brick. Matt Leinart was and still is MILES away from D'Brick as far as talent goes, and not only that, but the Jets need for OL was so much greater than it was for QB, so much so, that going OL again this year first round is not out of the question either, that'd be 3 first round investments on OL in the last 3 years. All of this while stealing perhaps their most coveted QB prospect in Kellen Clemens, in the second round, and let me tell you this, based on what I've seen in the pre/off season, I'd take Kellen and D'Brick over Leinart every time, no question. Ask any other Jets fan and maybe any other NFL fan, week in and week out you'll see that D'Brick was the right choice.

EDIT: I'm not really a vet poster, but thanks I guess...and gpngc, what are you, 10 years old? Using the word f*ggot like that is not only extremely childish and immature, but incredibly offensive and in ill taste, but I guess it just goes to show you, those who have absolutely no intelligence must resort to words like that in arguments.

Last edited by nvot9 : 09-08-2007 at 10:16 PM.