Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-09-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders VS Lions

stopped them 1st drive, then got a 1st, now there driving all over us

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Different offense, same results.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a surprise, Schwigey gets burnt for a TD again. Where's Donivin Darius when you need him
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCown has a noodle arm, bring in Culpepper!
Old 09-09-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another missed FG

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Team Needs after week one.
K
C
DE
DB depth
better coaching.
putting Daunte in.
something something.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Team Needs after week one.
K
C
DE
DB depth
better coaching.
putting Daunte in.
something something.

wow, i know we were bad, but not thaaaat bad. i think we will put daunte in week 5 after are bye week. he just needs more time to learn the playbook.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

what ive heard the only was we can sign russell is cutting c-pep. we really need a new K too. we would have won probably if we had a good one

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 09-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

they should just sign a soccer player from Mexico and cut Seabass.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Those missed kicks were not even close to making it, complete shanks. Even his converts were near misses. If he kicks like this again we need to cut him.

I don't think we played that bad of a game. I am a little surprised that we didn't blitz more in the 2nd half. We weren't getting any pressure on Kitna and if you give Williams, CJ and Furrey that much time they are going to get open. I know Ryan likes pressure with his front four, but it wasn't happening today and it is why we lost the game.

I didn't like some of the offensive playcalling in the first half, but Kiff redeemed himself in the 2nd half. We pretty much had our way with their D in the 2nd half until the last 4 mins of the game.

All in all, we didn't deserve the win. We can't only play half a game and expect to win. I liked what I saw from our OL and especially from Lamont Jordan. I think we match up better with Denver than Detroit so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the offense continues to improve and the defense shows up.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Sebass is terrible, why dont we ever bring in a kicker to compete with him? He's so inaccurate, its laughable that he's been on the team this long. I was also left wondering why we didn't blitz more and change up our looks, Kitna had all day to sit back there and throw it to the reveiver nearest Shwigey. We needed to put some pressure on him, Kerry Collins coulda picked us apart with that much time.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

is Seabass worth that 1st round pick? Crosby has just as good of a leg and was a 5th rounder.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Our biggest problem on defense is that Ryan insists on using zone defenses we proved last year we suck at zone were good at man to man.This isnt hard logic.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
is Seabass worth that 1st round pick? Crosby has just as good of a leg and was a 5th rounder.
rub it in why dont you.although Seabass was 0-3 he did manage to kick the ball out of bounce on kickoffs and did knock a guy out of bounce.Regardless of that cut his ass.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our biggest problem on defense is that Ryan insists on using zone defenses we proved last year we suck at zone were good at man to man.This isnt hard logic.
I would agree with locseti, the main reason we lost was because we generated almost no pressure. Don't matter if you're playing zone or man to man, if a QB has all day to look down the field, you are going to give up big passing plays.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter was also semi-invisible.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

We lost because of our defense & because of our lineman for a kicker Janikowski.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
I would agree with locseti, the main reason we lost was because we generated almost no pressure. Don't matter if you're playing zone or man to man, if a QB has all day to look down the field, you are going to give up big passing plays.
yeah I agree with that Clemons did have a couple of good plays though. Nice to see we'll have some pressure coming from the right side.Still we have the ability to play man and play it well.Theres no reason not to.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

tough game. martz is a genius and we had nothing for those 4 wide sets.

ive been to broncos, chargers games at home but i have never seen a classless player like roy williams at the beginning of the game.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

also very pleased with the o-line.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Ive forgotten what'd he do?i was pissed at what Bell was doing.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
6th rounder actually. If they really need some competition I think Dave Rayner is still available.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Quote:
Ive forgotten what'd he do?i was pissed at what Bell was doing.

went out of his way during warmups to go to the sidelines and flip fans off and trash talk. very odd.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very impressed with the offense in the 2nd half, but we still need to work on not turning the ball over. I know Detroit's secondary is pretty bad, but McCown throwing for 300+ is pretty darn good.

I pretty much agree with everyone that the D was giving up so much passing offense because they couldn't pressure Kitna. Ryan needed to make an adjustment when rushing the front 4 obviously wasn't working. I guess the good news here is that most other teams in the NFL don't have a WR core as freakishly good as Detroit's.

Even though we didn't get the W, I'm still happy with our performance (except Janikowski, he blows).
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I was very impressed with the offense in the 2nd half, but we still need to work on not turning the ball over. I know Detroit's secondary is pretty bad, but McCown throwing for 300+ is pretty darn good.

I pretty much agree with everyone that the D was giving up so much passing offense because they couldn't pressure Kitna. Ryan needed to make an adjustment when rushing the front 4 obviously wasn't working. I guess the good news here is that most other teams in the NFL don't have a WR core as freakishly good as Detroit's.

Even though we didn't get the W, I'm still happy with our performance (except Janikowski, he blows).
yea its been forever since a raider qb went over 300 yards. martz simply owned ryan.