Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons Rant Thread.

I am kinda upset. It would be nice to get these feelings out.

Are fans the only ones that see that Dunn is ineffective? he averaged like 2 yards a carry, while Norwood averaged 6.6. and why are we not involving Norwood in the passing game? Why are we not using him like Bush? He can be just as effective, if not better.

Roddy White starting? Seriously?

Frickin injuries. Wtf.

Our kicking situation? wtf? The best kicker in the draft was there until the 6th round. Why did we not get him? He was 3/3 today, with a best of 53 yards. Good job FO, good job.

I guess Harrington is not who we thought he would be.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yup id trade the Milner pick for Crosby anyday, I knew he was for real at the time and couldnt believe we went in another direction
Old 09-09-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am kinda upset. It would be nice to get these feelings out.

Are fans the only ones that see that Dunn is ineffective? he averaged like 2 yards a carry, while Norwood averaged 6.6. and why are we not involving Norwood in the passing game? Why are we not using him like Bush? He can be just as effective, if not better.

Roddy White starting? Seriously?

Frickin injuries. Wtf.

Our kicking situation? wtf? The best kicker in the draft was there until the 6th round. Why did we not get him? He was 3/3 today, with a best of 53 yards. Good job FO, good job.

I guess Harrington is not who we thought he would be.

I can only half blame the FO for Harrington. I wanted Culpepper, but I liked the move to make Harrington our #2. They couldn't have guessed what would have happend with Vick.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Joey Harrington throwing for under 200 yards, no touchdowns, and 2 picks against the NFL's worst pass defense in '06 nice.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Chris30277

Roddy White did a good job all things considered today. He caught everything catchable today. The passing game will only take off when we can run the football. Dunn is ineffective, and I honestly think it would be great if we could resign Snelling.

Minnesota ran a lot of Cover 2 today, and a great counter to that is to run it. The only problem with that is the place were you need to run is up the middle. Unless we can suddenly get bigger up front we need to find someone that can run the ball with authority. I have seen Norwood do that, and I know Snelling can do it. We could have the same problem next week, unless we do something, because Jacksonville will throw Marcus Stroud at us.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Chris30277

Quote:
Originally Posted by joercky View Post
Joey Harrington throwing for under 200 yards, no touchdowns, and 2 picks against the NFL's worst pass defense in '06 nice.
One of those ints was a freak play. I don't think many DT's could catch the ball in that situation, and I don't think the same guy could do that again. The other one was on Michael Jenkins. I think we are starting to see why he is #3 now. Joey made some very good decisions today, and a few bad ones. The problem that we had today was our offense being one dimensional, and that spawned from us not being able to move the ball on the ground.

Last edited by Chris30277 : 09-09-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris30277 View Post
One of those ints was a freak play. I don't think man DT's could catch the ball in that situation, and I don't think the same guy could do that again. The other one was on Michael Jenkins. I think we are starting to see why he is #3 now. Joey made some very good decisions today, and a few bad ones. The problem that we had today was our offense being one dimensional, and that spawned from us not being able to move the ball on the ground.
Which was because Dunn was running the ball too much.

I can name all of Norwoods runs and all of them were good, except for one where he was tackled for no gain, but even on that play, he stiff armed one guy so badly. The other one was 3rd and 2, where he gained 2 yards, which I wouldnt consider bad. The rest were all like 12,16,12 yards ish.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-09-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really starting to sink in now, how badly we where screwed over on draft day. I think Anderson will be a good player, but it's just tough to look at Peterson and Landry and know we could have had them.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the bright side DeAngelo Hall wasn't torched. That's a step in the right direction. There are not a lot of things to be optimistic about right now.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

True. DeAngelo's interception was a sick catch. I could watch that all day.

Speaking of all day....:(

I think there are more dissapointing things at the moment, than optimistic.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I take a LOT of great things to take from this game...you guys do realize that our defense is nasty...our ST really needs work...but oh well...

I'm so happy that we have a super defense...I think it's stupid to say we didn't stop the run well...well guess what...I disagree. We forced them to run one way, Brooking just wasn't able to capitalize for us from middle. But I'm very happy with what I saw out there, I'd like a better pass rush, but to be honest, we weren't in a position to get after the quarterback.

On offense...Dunn really needs to get benched...he's good, but Norwood is SO much better, sorry we need a playmaker on the field, Dunn is safe, but he's not going to really do anything 'special' anymore. Make Norwood learn how to pickup the blitz.

Joey wasn't nearly as bad as the numbers look, not even remotely actually...neither INT was really his fault and he made good decisions for the most part. If he threw that first pass 100 more times he would never catch that again. It's just bad breaks for us, but I'll be very happy the more touches we get Norwood because he's the one who's going to be setting the table for this offense and breaking nothing and making it a touchdown. I'm not at all worried about this season because we are going to be competitive. We're going to be in a lot of games we shouldn't have been in, but we'll be in them...if we lose...we lose, but I'm going to enjoy watching football.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

JDB7821 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I take a LOT of great things to take from this game...you guys do realize that our defense is nasty...our ST really needs work...but oh well...

I'm so happy that we have a super defense...I think it's stupid to say we didn't stop the run well...well guess what...I disagree. We forced them to run one way, Brooking just wasn't able to capitalize for us from middle. But I'm very happy with what I saw out there, I'd like a better pass rush, but to be honest, we weren't in a position to get after the quarterback.

On offense...Dunn really needs to get benched...he's good, but Norwood is SO much better, sorry we need a playmaker on the field, Dunn is safe, but he's not going to really do anything 'special' anymore. Make Norwood learn how to pickup the blitz.

Joey wasn't nearly as bad as the numbers look, not even remotely actually...neither INT was really his fault and he made good decisions for the most part. If he threw that first pass 100 more times he would never catch that again. It's just bad breaks for us, but I'll be very happy the more touches we get Norwood because he's the one who's going to be setting the table for this offense and breaking nothing and making it a touchdown. I'm not at all worried about this season because we are going to be competitive. We're going to be in a lot of games we shouldn't have been in, but we'll be in them...if we lose...we lose, but I'm going to enjoy watching football.
I got flamed for saying the same thing on the official board about Brooking. Yes, I realize that our defensive tackles didn't give us a whole lot, but I would expect a supposed Pro Bowl MLB to be able to beat a block every now and then and make a tackle on a rookie (however talented, still a rookie) running back. We need an upgrade at that position next season unless Taylor is ready to take over. The sad part is we already have our upgrade at running back and we aren't using it.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I was right on draft day saying trading up was the only way to guarentee landing Peterson/ Landry. Or even Brown. Now I'm right saying Peterson is an absolute beast, although others agreed. I wanted him so bad pre-draft. Landry too, although I'm not sure how he did the other day.

Anderson is potential, but should have went in the teens, somewhere between Saint Louis and Cincinattii IMO. Kind of defeats the purpose of trading up.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Sigh. Kicking problems...once again...

Old 09-17-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

Quote:
Sigh. Kicking problems...once again...
Prater has probably already been cut.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB7821 View Post
I got flamed for saying the same thing on the official board about Brooking. Yes, I realize that our defensive tackles didn't give us a whole lot, but I would expect a supposed Pro Bowl MLB to be able to beat a block every now and then and make a tackle on a rookie (however talented, still a rookie) running back. We need an upgrade at that position next season unless Taylor is ready to take over. The sad part is we already have our upgrade at running back and we aren't using it.

Brooking hasn't deserved most of his pro-bowl appearances. The one season he did deserve it was in '04.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Atlanta passed on Tony Ugoh. I like both of the players that Atlanta took; however, Ugoh plays the more important position and he's been great for the Colts thus far. Now a UDFA rookie is playing LT.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Brooking hasn't deserved most of his pro-bowl appearances. The one season he did deserve it was in '04.
In all seriousness, I can hardly recall Brooking making any plays behind the line of scrimmage. He should NOT be sent on a blitz, he is ALWAYS blocked out of it. He was never a burner, but he's lost even that much speed he did have. Boley easily outplays him on almost every down. Also, Demorrio is still obviously struggling. We should be playing Nicholas a lot more until Demorrio is completely 100%. At this point, here are my wants come draft day:

1. Glenn Dorsey (we're much closer to having a dominant defense than a dominant offense, might as well add the final pieces)

2. Matt Ryan (hopefully he'll fall to the 2nd, but if not, either he, Brohm, or Woodson will be there in the late first so we can trade up to grab them..there aren't a whole lot of teams needing a young QB right now)

3. Middle linebacker (McKay is great at finding linebackers in later rounds, so a 3rd-5th on a middle linebacker would be sufficient, I think)

4. Offensive tackle (big, mean, and strong...pass blocker first, run blocker second)
Old 02-22-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, this is a useful thread.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I think I might edit out 'Roddy White starting? Wtf' part. But I was just thinking about this thread.

Honestly what the ****? Why is there such confusion between Hall and the Falcons? Half the times he says he wants to play with us, and the other half says he doesnt. What the **** is the FO telling him that can make him hate us so much? I dont agree with the BS locker room cancer **** that Shiver is saying. He is not a cancer. He is very emotional and competitive. That is supposed to be a 'cancer'? **** that. He wants to win. He is a ******* good CB who is only 24 years old. Do you know how hard it is to find a CB like that? Might as well be impossible.

He doesnt deserve star or special treatment from the FO, but the FO needs to realize that he is our BEST PLAYER. Cleaning house is fine if you get rid of the old veterans that are no longer good or are replaceable. You do not get rid of DeAngelo Hall.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think I might edit out 'Roddy White starting? Wtf' part. But I was just thinking about this thread.

Honestly what the ****? Why is there such confusion between Hall and the Falcons? Half the times he says he wants to play with us, and the other half says he doesnt. What the **** is the FO telling him that can make him hate us so much? I dont agree with the BS locker room cancer **** that Shiver is saying. He is not a cancer. He is very emotional and competitive. That is supposed to be a 'cancer'? **** that. He wants to win. He is a ******* good CB who is only 24 years old. Do you know how hard it is to find a CB like that? Might as well be impossible.

He doesnt deserve star or special treatment from the FO, but the FO needs to realize that he is our BEST PLAYER. Cleaning house is fine if you get rid of the old veterans that are no longer good or are replaceable. You do not get rid of DeAngelo Hall.
I agree. I am frustrated with everything that has happened. From Mora to Vick to Petrino to the Mike Smith hiring to the coordinator hiring to DeAngelo Hall. And there is a rumour the Giants deal is almost completed. Honestly, if we get that little value for DeAngelo Hall I might be done with this team, and pro football really.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I agree. I am frustrated with everything that has happened. From Mora to Vick to Petrino to the Mike Smith hiring to the coordinator hiring to DeAngelo Hall. And there is a rumour the Giants deal is almost completed. Honestly, if we get that little value for DeAngelo Hall I might be done with this team, and pro football really.
the trade still can't happen until friday, so the price will probably go up.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote