Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rookie watch thread

hopefully this can get sticky, let's track the rookies progress through the weeks.

3 offensive guys really impressed me today and I feel are at the head of the pack for ROY.

Marshawn Lynch: [rushing]19-90 1 td [receiving]2-9 0td
Adrian Peterson: [rushing]19-103 0td [receiving]1-60 1td.
Calvin Johnson: 4-70 1td

discuss the other rookies on your teams.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Harrell- DNP
Brandon Jackson- 15carries 40yards, 4rec 35yards
James Jones- 4rec 29yards
Deshawn Wynn- 1carry 8yards, 1rec 18yards(the shovel pass)
Allen Barbe- DNP
Mason Crosby- 3/3 53longest, game winner
Korey Hall- Got to start at FB

I wouldnt be suprised if every rookie was impressive this year except for Harrell

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 09-09-2007 at 10:38 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice, I like this thread idea. I'll be sure to chime in on Bengals players after tomorrow nights game.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Posluszny had 10 tackles 9 solo. 0 sacks. That's pretty damn good, he'll probably be DROY.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Craig Davis did about what I expected of him, nothing major yet, but i think it was 2 catches for 15 yards. I was happy with it, the catches were nice, and made on drives where we needed them a lot. I was fine with him.

Eric Weddle played really well, he looked good when he was in there got a sack, seemed to be in the right places when he had to be. Very impressed with him still.

None of the other rookies really did anything.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poz looked real good.
AD was great.
Calvin was solid
Lynch impressed me, especially on the 4th down play where he just kept on going and came up chirping the other team. Real impressed.
Revis from what i saw was solid on a rather very unimpressive performance by the Jets D.
weddle from what i saw was solid. nice sack.
Russell impressed me with how many hotdogs he ate on the sidelines........

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

yes, the Jets secondary player poorly, but the one bright spot was Darelle Revis, he didnt really get beat at all when he was stuck one on one with Stallworth or Welker or even Moss once in a while. He's a stud.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Robison had two sacks.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mason Crosby is in first place for OROY...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings Rookies all played well it seemed. Peterson looked like he had a good grasp on the NFL so far. Sidney yeah made some mistakes like not going to the the first down marker but thats a common rookie mistake. Also McCauley didnt do much but made good tackles. Robison like Vikesej sad he had 2 sacks. Allison had a catch. So it seems like our rookies are contrubiting.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Puz looked good for us but his tackle total was inflated by how easily henry got through our d-line... when put one on one though he was in the right whole and wrapped up the ball carries well. Alswell he was always aroudn the ball which is a great characteristic. Although some plays in the game you saw Pauls lack of speed.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Zach Miller had two catches for about 12 yards or something.He also had a FR recovery tried to run with it and was immediately stripped of the ball so he also had a Fumble.
Higgins returned a couple of punts but nothing special.
Jay Richardson had a tackle.
Russell is still complaining about how he isnt getting 35 million in gurantees.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amobi started had a few hurries, but for the most part looked like a Rookie.

Jacoby Jones played the slot and had 2 catches for 34 yards, including a big 25 yarder for a first down. He also returned punts, but didnt really do anything.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Carriker sucked majorily, don't know why I brought him up, he doesn't diserve to be in this thread. And the Rams don't belong in the NFL.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Johnson has forced fumble on Special Teams and Jay Alford was horrendous as our long snapper. Bradshaw needs to learn to hold the ball with 2 hands.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beason was rock solid in every facet of the game and there wasn't a tackle where he wasnt' near by, I love this kidl.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Beason was rock solid in every facet of the game and there wasn't a tackle where he wasnt' near by, I love this kidl.
I see him getting in trouble at a strip club just to spite the organization for his contract holdout. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 04:44 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He really wanted to be a Panther apparently dan morgan is one of his heroes.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch had a very good game. He never goes down on initial contact. I recall one time when he had 4 guys on him, and he got an extra 4 yards. He's gonna be a GOOD rb.

Posluszny had a good game too. He had 10 tackles and was always around the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn is worthless. He had a reverse for a few yards and tried to juke LaRon Landry and get whacked. He did nothing on returns.

Samson Satele did a good job at center.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Spencer got a sack to stop a two point conversation and get other two or three hurries. He didn't play the run very well but was good in rushing the passer.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Calvin looked fine, played within the offense, on his TD he was totally wide open. He did have one "drop" on a pass that was 6 feet behind him and 8 inches off the ground but he got his hands on it.

Gerald Alexander played and had a tackle. He was expected to fill the role of the injured D. Bullocks but Idrees Bashir ended up playing a lot instead.

No other Lions rookie played. Ikaika Alama-Francis was inactive.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For his first start against Pitt. Joe Thomas did well. I don't think he gave up a sack (a sack did come from his side, but the guy wasn't his assignment). Still needs to get stronger though, he gets pushed back too easily.

Eric Wright did okay, gave up a TD, but it was more of a great throw catch than bad coverage.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Davis, WR, had 1 catch for 8 yards while playing in the slot for a good part of the game. Vince targeted him for a TD, but he was well covered.

Michael Griffin, CB, didn't start but played on special teams. He didn't notch a tackle, but did have 2 KR's for 35 yards.

None of the other rookies saw the field. Well, they did see it, but they didn't play...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwyane Bowe will be looking at more time with Eddie Kennison dying.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote