Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^those were my picks too. if Peterson plays a lot..i had him as the OROY. if he didnt i woulda had Johnson
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still sticking with marshawn lynch for oroy. I doubt neither the bills nor the vikings will make the playoffs, nor the lions make the playoffs, so it'll be a level playing field.

marshawn lynch had a solid game but flew under the radar because he was overshadowed by AD. plus, i know im gonna get flamed for saying that his injury concerns bother me, but they do.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Im still sticking with marshawn lynch for oroy. I doubt neither the bills nor the vikings will make the playoffs, nor the lions make the playoffs, so it'll be a level playing field.

marshawn lynch had a solid game but flew under the radar because he was overshadowed by AD. plus, i know im gonna get flamed for saying that his injury concerns bother me, but they do.
Lynch will get more touches and will be more productive as a result. Basically, the only thing between AD and OROY is Chester Taylor

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwyane Bowe will have approx 5-6 rec. 60-100 yrds and a td thisweek. I think uspet city occurs in Chitown

and Marshawn is good for 1200 this year 8 tds
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the OROY will come down to AD and Lynch. I'm hoping its the latter

I'm hoping that the DROY is Pos, but he has some tough competition in Willis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Dwyane Bowe will have approx 5-6 rec. 60-100 yrds and a td thisweek. I think uspet city occurs in Chitown
More like garbage time stats imo.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay, well BJ Sams is out for the season, so......

get ready for YAMON FIGURS!!!

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Jonathan Wade will be the nickleback this week i believe for St. Louis, i expect good things from him if he is.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

speculation
----------
Meriweather could see extended time on defense to maybe cover Gates unless we stick Thomas with him
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OROY = Brady Quinn after he leads us to a 14-2 regular season and the super bowl in the post season after executing perfect screen passes the entire year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers linebacker Willis voted Week 1 NFL Rookie of the Week

49ers linebacker Willis voted Week 1 NFL Rookie of the Week.

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

Recorded 11 tackles, nine of them solo, and forced a fumble in his first regular-season NFL game, helping the 49ers to a 20-17 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
49ers linebacker Willis voted Week 1 NFL Rookie of the Week.

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

Recorded 11 tackles, nine of them solo, and forced a fumble in his first regular-season NFL game, helping the 49ers to a 20-17 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
Well deserved.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how did Joe Thomas play?

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRunLeft View Post
After one week it seems like Willis and Peterson are favorites to win the DROY and OROY. Not much of a suprise when you look at where they were selected and the positions they play.
Yeah, it's early but I'd take Lynch as OROY over AD right now.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson with a TD catch in his first two NFL games. He now has 8 catches for 131 yards and 2 TDs. Not bad for a rookie WR.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Calvin Johnson with a TD catch in his first two NFL games. He now has 8 catches for 131 yards and 2 TDs. Not bad for the Second Coming.
Fixed your post.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Beason had 7 tackles today.

I really love James Jones. DAMN THOSE PACKERS
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Justin Harrell- DNP
Brandon Jackson- 15carries 40yards, 4rec 35yards
James Jones- 4rec 29yards
Deshawn Wynn- 1carry 8yards, 1rec 18yards(the shovel pass)
Allen Barbe- DNP
Mason Crosby- 3/3 53longest, game winner
Korey Hall- Got to start at FB

I wouldnt be suprised if every rookie was impressive this year except for Harrell
Justin Harrell didnt play again i believe

Brandon Jackson- 17carries 35 yards, 4rec 24yards
James Jones- 4rec 75yards
Deshawn Wynn- 10carries for 50 yards and 2td's, 2 catches 18 yards
Allen Barbe- DNP
Mason crosby- 0/1
Korey Hall- 2rec 20 yards

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Durant started today for the first time. Reggie Nelson also started for the first time, but he played a good amount of time last week. I'm not exactly sure how they played; I didn't play attention to them, and I didn't hear their name called much, except for Nelson on a couple of early tackles.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD = OROY. Lead the Team in Rushing and Receiving.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT Clifton Ryan (Michigan State) for the Rams:
4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR
Ain't bad for coming in during 4th Quarter.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 sacks for Amobi Okoye. Wasn't it just a week or two ago when several people called him a bust before he even sniffed the field? Okoye will have a long, long, long career.

Tanard Jackson had another solid game for the Bucs with 5 solo tackles. Gaines Adams was silent again, while Sears sucked. Piscitelli & Black were absolutely useless. Greg Peterson is part of our rotation at DT and make 2 solos in limited action.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
patrick willis - 11 TKL, FF

DROY is definately his to lose IMO
added 8 total tackles to that today
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really no Steelers rookies are playing.

Woodley replaced Harrison when he got hurt and picked up a sack.

Spaeth on the season has 3 catches and 2 TDs, he is only on the field in the redzone.

I dont think Sepulveda even had a punt today.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
2 sacks for Amobi Okoye. Wasn't it just a week or two ago when several people called him a bust before he even sniffed the field? Okoye will have a long, long, long career.
Clearly if you suck in TC, it's an amazing indicator of on-field game results
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote