Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ferguson out for season

I've always tried to be a level headed guy, and avoid "the sky is falling" mentality that many of us have around here sometimes. But this is very bad news, something I've been fearing for a long time.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reported it was a torn bicep on sportscenter.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just heard the news...isnt this the ONE position we pretty much all agreed on that we didnt need to have happen with lack of depth? well i guess we get to see what were made of, not good for our defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

What I fear is that with Newman out, pass coverage is a HUGE issue. Now that Fergie is out, stopping the run is going to become a huge issue. This is very, very bad.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
What I fear is that with Newman out, pass coverage is a HUGE issue. Now that Fergie is out, stopping the run is going to become a huge issue. This is very, very bad.
But Spencer, Two T and a developmental WR in the 4th is PERFECT!!!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda -- fact is Jerry Jones made some large mistakes by not filling big holes with future starters.

We go another pass rusher -- when you are already switching to new one-gap D -- was just a waste. We gave up a second/thrid or something for the swap.

Too bad, but I know the Roy Williams fans will be out in full force this week.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year we managed to stay healthy for the entire year (excluding Ellis), but this year is a completely different story. Hopefully we'll see no more injuries for the rest of the year.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
But Spencer, Two T and a developmental WR in the 4th is PERFECT!!!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda -- fact is Jerry Jones made some large mistakes by not filling big holes with future starters.

We go another pass rusher -- when you are already switching to new one-gap D -- was just a waste. We gave up a second/thrid or something for the swap.

Too bad, but I know the Roy Williams fans will be out in full force this week.
Why are you changing the subject to Roy Williams bashing?

On the other hand, getting Spencer was supposed to set up a situation that emulates SD's with Merriman and Phillips.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Why are you changing the subject to Roy Williams bashing?

On the other hand, getting Spencer was supposed to set up a situation that emulates SD's with Merriman and Phillips.
Well, we are not SD. SD, in fact, addressed needs in their first two rounds. Not starters but future starters.

Spencer will be fine. I like him but not with last year #1 on the bench.

The same #1 who look good as a SOLB in Seattle when given a shot.

** Can't help it with Roy. Just a piece of crap that many fannies love to defend. I think this is the worst game I have ever seen Roy Williams play. And that is saying something. Like a Washington 2005 repeat with Moss ... except the guy was Plaxico. **
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed that we've mismanaged the situation with Carpenter.

With Roy, he really messed up on the last Eli TD to Burress. Reeves played Burress so badly though. He gave him space to go up and get jump balls and work the inside slants, etc. I totally don't understand what Wade wanted to get him to do.

Anyway, back on topic.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

A quote from Scott himself:

"The Cowboys didn't even keep a DT on their taxi squad... I was looking at the top available free agents and the NT situation is bleak to say the least... Junior Siavii anyone?"
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Marcus Spears.

Time to bite the bullet.

He is big and stout. Not a DE.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Agreed that we've mismanaged the situation with Carpenter.

With Roy, he really messed up on the last Eli TD to Burress. Reeves played Burress so badly though. He gave him space to go up and get jump balls and work the inside slants, etc. I totally don't understand what Wade wanted to get him to do.

Anyway, back on topic.
Look man, Reeves is 5'11 playing a 6'6 guy. He needs help. Deion Sanders himself would need help on certain routes.

But man did they pick on Roy Williams side.... at least Reeves defended two passes and got a pick.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to tell Jerry that we need Alan Branch or DeMarcus Tyler, but he didn't want to listen.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Marcus Spears.

Time to bite the bullet.

He is big and stout. Not a DE.
If there is ever a time for you to be right I hope it is now.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I didn't think Ratliff was half bad.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Honestly, I didn't think Ratliff was half bad.
No I didn't mind him at all however with slanting and stunting him as we did a ton...we gave up some middle running lanes. Asking James and Akin to shed guards all day isn't a great strategy either. He'll need a spell I'm hearing Remi is coming back I'd be ok with that i guess.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's an horrid news. We lost our 3rd most important player on defense (my list goes: Ware, Newman, Ferguson).
After te draft day they said there wasn't a true NT prospect in the draft. It's very hard to find one, infact if you look at the elite 34 NT in the game, all got picked in the first round except for Ferguson. We should have picked Tank Tyler, but we don't know how he could have played as NT.
Looking at Ellis situation, the Spencer pick was almost a lock. There are speculation that Ellis might be back against the Dolphins, but with him out we need a great rusher from the outside to be effective on defense.
I think with Newman back, our defense should improve a lot, and Ellis will help too. We've to hope that Ratliff plays good, because our defense will rely a lot on him.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
No I didn't mind him at all however with slanting and stunting him as we did a ton...we gave up some middle running lanes. Asking James and Akin to shed guards all day isn't a great strategy either. He'll need a spell I'm hearing Remi is coming back I'd be ok with that i guess.
The announcers said that maybe our poor rushing defense was because of the gameplanning. We were ready to face a big bruising back, but they killed us with a speedy quick one.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

AHHHH!!! Jacobs averaged 6 yards a carry. This sucks. Somebody get Siragusa's digits.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any FA nose tackle's out there?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I've always tried to be a level headed guy, and avoid "the sky is falling" mentality that many of us have around here sometimes. But this is very bad news, something I've been fearing for a long time.
I just posted this same quote (almost) on the analysis of the game thread!!!HAHAHA. We had the same fear.

WHen I read your post, I thought for a second I had stayed at the same post.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Ratliff didnt play bad, but I feel like he is a much better player at end and since spears sucks at end we might as well try him inside. Couldn't hurt to try in practice.

Either way, spears sucks hard.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, hindsight is 20/20. I know D-Unit and I were both asking for Alan Branch (as many others were) for Christmas. We got Spencer. He was not my 1st pick, but if he can get the quarterback, I can live with that pick.

Tank Tyler would have been nice.

Any corner would be nice, now. But hindsight is 20/20.

The only one I think was a no brainer is not offering a pick for Oliver. I posted on the NFL forum, before the supplement draft, that I thought Oliver had more potential all the fourth round CB coming out in a good year. I think everyone agreed with my post, at least in that forum.

But I dont know if Oliver has done anything, either.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Ratliff didnt play bad, but I feel like he is a much better player at end and since spears sucks at end we might as well try him inside. Couldn't hurt to try in practice.

Either way, spears sucks hard.
Yes he does. I am all for moving Spears to NT. What is he going to do, not be around the ball? He already does that.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any reason to not try Spears at NT. We do have some depth at DE. Not sure we're good there, but there are bodies.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote