Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think some people ARE saying that.
oh...well he may be great in that role, may not, all i think is his play warrants him getting in the game alot more then he has been, and getting more carries...jones plays mediocre, barber comes in and looks great, and i honestly still cant figure out why jones still gets bulk of carries..

everyone says if it aint broke dont fix it, but we could only be seeing 80% of our rushing potential, if we switched the roles on both it could be just as good if not better, id like to see something more along the lines of the pats or colts last yr when they had 2 backs, when you play with the type of emotion barber does, get the crowd in the game and move the chains, you have to reward him for that and get him out there more to see what he does with the opportunity...its just crazy to not put him out there more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
oh...well he may be great in that role, may not, all i think is his play warrants him getting in the game alot more then he has been, and getting more carries...jones plays mediocre, barber comes in and looks great, and i honestly still cant figure out why jones still gets bulk of carries..

everyone says if it aint broke dont fix it, but we could only be seeing 80% of our rushing potential, if we switched the roles on both it could be just as good if not better, id like to see something more along the lines of the pats or colts last yr when they had 2 backs, when you play with the type of emotion barber does, get the crowd in the game and move the chains, you have to reward him for that and get him out there more to see what he does with the opportunity...its just crazy to not put him out there more
No, it's not crazy.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Barber outshines again in week 2. Grats, even Tony Romo has more rushing yards than JJ.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know Julius Jones' problem.

Every defender in the league has some sort of "JJ Tractor Beam" that they use anytime he's within five yards. He can't help but run directly into them.

If we can find a way to counter these tractor beams, JJ might actually breakout.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
I know Julius Jones' problem.

Every defender in the league has some sort of "JJ Tractor Beam" that they use anytime he's within five yards. He can't help but run directly into them.

If we can find a way to counter these tractor beams, JJ might actually breakout.

lol, MB3 a 40yard TD WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why dont they start Barber. He's the better back IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Barber Is A Monster / He Is Fear'd By All Players
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I thought Julius Jones had "good" field vision?

Well, if that's true, Julius Jones is cross-eyed.

That's the only explanation. There's no other reason for him to consistantly run into defensive linemen.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Why dont they start Barber. He's the better back IMO
Trust me. This is very apparent to anyone who is not a Dallas fan! The rest of the freakin' league knows this!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius problem is vision, he still has none.
Have you heard the collision between Barber and a dolphins DB near the endzone? Wow!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ is terrible. And it's not going to get any easier for him going into Chicago next week. There were at least 3 times I noticed that he could've bounced runs outside for at least another 5 yards, but instead he puts his head down and slams into the pile. He's not MB, he needs to start kicking it outside.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Please see my post in the "Marion the Barbarian" thread for my take on the Barber/Jones situation. I'll give you the gist of it here: Barber won't cut it as a starter.