Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
That explains everything .... are you serious?
I am serious...on draft day, player values typically plummet...even more so than a few days before. He said, he would not trade anyone on draft day, he didnt say anything about trading before the actually date. I'm confident that we wont be trading any player today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-26-2008 at 10:41 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I am serious...on draft day, player values plummet...even more so than a few days before. He said, he would not trade anyone on draft day, he didnt say anything about trading before the actually date. I'm confident that we wont be trading any player today.
So you see no contradiction? I think you should go back and read the entire statement. He said trading players during the draft devalues players because people value draft picks highly.

To now say, a trade of Friday is any different than a trade during the actual draft is odd in context to that statement. Point is draft picks are highly valued during the draft process -- which I think the Friday before hand counts as.

Nevertheless. Did we make another trade? I heard someone say we have 4 picks in the top 61????

Last edited by bobindallas : 04-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

say we havent made the trade and its pick 100 and we offer the same exact trade. Since the Dolphins know exactly who is on the board, but if it was made on friday they have no idea who would be available. Thats why I think it is a much better value to trade before the draft
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Mike Ditka was just on ESPN and he said look at how teams beat us last year, they spread us out, because we didn't have any cover safeties...He said you get us some cover corners, and cover safeties, and our defense is already that much better...I expect safety early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
So you see no contradiction?

I think you should go back and read the entire statement.

He said training players during the draft devalues players because people value draft picks highly.

To now say, a trade of Friday is any different than a trade during the actual draft is odd.
It's not odd. He said, during the draft...on the actual day itself, player values have historically, fallen considerablly. You could normally get a a little more value leading up to the draft...but, when the clock starts a lot of GMs become awfully, stingy w/ those picks.

You dont have to side w/ me here...but, it really does sound as though, Carp and Spears will be back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I love how Mike Ditka was just on ESPN and he said look at how teams beat us last year, they spread us out, because we didn't have any cover safeties...He said you get us some cover corners, and cover safeties, and our defense is already that much better...I expect safety early.
He is right to an extent.

But fact is we lost in December and January b/c our pass happy O ground to a halt too.

WR,CB,S,RB are all needs and to me we need to go BPA within those categories. I would add NT but that is really developmental and can be solved later in the draft but not after the 4th IMHO.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Werder said, we're gonna try hard to get Roy w/ pick 28 and some change but, it will be tough...and RB at 22 is the most likely pick. Just some insight, I wouldn't live or die by it, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Werder said, we're gonna try hard to get Roy w/ pick 28 and some change but, it will be tough...and RB at 22 is the most likely pick. Just some insight, I wouldn't live or die by it, though.
He also said it was HENNE that is the key to the trade. Detroit gives up Roy Williams for Chad Henner basically.

My only real prediction was Henne to be our QuinnII and First Rounder.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see why the Lions would want Henne, they drafted Stanton last year. Doesn't make sense
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I dont see why the Lions would want Henne, they drafted Stanton last year. Doesn't make sense
Neither do I but that is what Werder said. But more importantly what I love that is developing is the Rams are going Long II which make pick 3 a mystery.....

Atl is talking Ryan but I think it is to get a trade and maybe fetch a QB later. I can see ATL switching with Balt and taking Sedrick Ellis. ATL would fetch some serious compensation from Baltimore who must be desperate for a QB.

Then ATL taking some of those #2 picks and moving back into the first for Henne. This is where we could come in b/c there is lots of buzz on Henne.