Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After doing even more research on this years CB class. I think a lot has to depend on which JR. CB's declare. Cason Tribble and Thomas are going to be fighting for that top spot. Cason is obviously the favorite and as long as he is in the 4.4 range he'll likely go first.

Tribble doesn't have the size and doesn't play the style of corner we play so I think it's safe to say we'll stay away. He would have to turn in a low 4.4 to go top 20 so i'm not worried there.

When talking about senior corners...the only one that makes sense to me in the first at this point is Terrell Thomas. Sure he has been hurt. But two shoulder injuries aren't huge concerns for me with a corner. The knee injury is a bit more concerning but his first round draft status depends on this anyways. This is a guy who if runs in the 4.4's could be around later in the first round if a couple of jr's declare. He also could go ahead of Cason if he runs and tests better than Cason...but the injury concerns probably won't let that happen. This is a guy who really fits Wade's scheme perfectly. But like I said he has to run in the 4.4's to be a option in round one.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

McFadden and Cason in the first would be sweet. I know everyone keeps trying to avoid having to take McFadden, but the more i think about it, the more I like the idea of having a game changer around for years to come with a great spell back in MBIII if he stays. Everyone can make more accurate predictions at the end of the year though.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

The consensus between everyone here believes that NT, and CB are the two biggest weaknesses of the team. Two of the top three picks should be used on either of the two and the third pick is probably going to be a luxary pick ( RB/WR depending on the value when it is time to select. I took some time to gather up some prospect that imo would be good selections for each of the three top picks.

1st RD Considerations in order of Value

1. Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas (JR)
2. Kenny Phillips FS, Miami (Too much value to pass on)
3. DeSean Jackson WR, Cal (JR)
4. Steve Slaton RB, West Virginia (JR)
5. Antoine Cason CB, Arizona ( must run a good 40 time)
6. Jonathan Stewart RB, Oregon (JR)
7. Malcom Jenkins CB, Ohio State (JR)
8. Aqib Talib CB, Kansas (JR RS)
9. Frank Okam DT, Texas
10. Zack Bowman CB, Nebraska (INJ)
11. Terrell Thomas CB, USC (INJ)

** I eliminated Tribble based on Wade's preference of larger CB's for his defense.

2nd RD Considerations
1. Terrance Taylor NT, Michigan (JR)
2. Red Bryant NT, Texas A&M (SR)
3. Ray Rice RB, Rutgers (JR)
4. Jamaal Charles RB, Texas (JR)
5. Dwight Lowery CB, San Jose (SR)

** Raji is academically ineligible and most likely will red shirt.

IMO an additional NT prospect should be drafted in the latter half of the draft or signed as Rookie (FA) to develop depth.

Late RND-(FA) NT Prospects
1. Kory Robertson NT, Virgina Tech- 6'2 335lbs SR(RS)
2. Brandon Johnson NT, Nebraska- 6'3 315lbs SR
3. Henry Smith NT, Texas A&M- 6'3 315 lbs SR
4. Ropati Pitoitua DT, Washington State- 6'8 295lbs SR (huge frame to add weight to)
Old 09-12-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most of people probably won't agree with this a lot of this, but this is my take on a few topics-

The only position I want to see with our first pick is CB, assuming the pick is a top 10 and there is a CB of that caliber. That is the only position right now that I think warrants investing that kind of money on an unproven player.

DE could creep into that if they don't perform well enough, and if Ferguson retires I wouldn't be against going after Dorsey. He seems to get doubled quite a bit yet still produces, and we shouldn't need a huge NT.

If the Cowboys end up picking a RB round 1 I would much rather have Stewart than McFadden. Between Barber and McFadden that would be a lot of money at running back and the plan would most likely be to keep both around for a while, because of Barbers power running. With Stewart it will be a little less money and he is everything Barber is only faster. If we were to go with him we could just give Barber the 1 year RFA contract, and if Stewart shows he is going to be elite, then we let Barber go and use Thompson or bring in another quick back as the backup.

I wouldn't count Jones out already though, matter of fact it wouldn't really surprise me to see him stay and Barber leave.

Also as far as Kendall Langford I am not sold on him yet. He is a guy that relies on his speed and strength far too much. Doesn't use a lot of moves, mostly uses speed to the outside and bullrushes. He has all the physical ability, just I think he is a project and that isn't really what we need right now.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin King below guys like Bowman and Thomas? BTW what makes Jenkings fit as a corner in our scheme.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Justin King below guys like Bowman and Thomas? BTW what makes Jenkings fit as a corner in our scheme.

That was my fault I really meant to put King in but must have slipped my mind. Jenkins would fit in fine... he has good height 6'1 and is 208 lbs, pretty physical and well help support the run. (40 tck and 4 tfl last season) He had 4 INT last season showing he is capable of getting his hands on the ball.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_J_Witt_fan View Post
That was my fault I really meant to put King in but must have slipped my mind. Jenkins would fit in fine... he has good height 6'1 and is 208 lbs, pretty physical and well help support the run. (40 tck and 4 tfl last season) He had 4 INT last season showing he is capable of getting his hands on the ball.
Physical...either I'm watching the wrong player or I need to see more film. He looks weak at the point of attack. 208 seems extremely generous given that he is extremely lanky and doesn't have a lot of meat on his bones. I like him as a player just don't know if I buy him as a great fit. I'll have to watch more film on him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

almost forgot two DL guys I like-

DE Brian Johnson- Gardner-Webb- 6-5 280: He is a guy I like better than Langford, and will likely get drafted later. He is more athletic and seems to be a little more refined pass rushing. May need to bulk up a little and add strength. To me he seems to be a perfect fit for this system.

DT Dre Moore- Maryland- 6-4 311: Strong run stuffer that uses good leverage. Pretty quick for his size as well. Seems to be really coming around now, and has a high ceiling.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

Quote:
Physical...either I'm watching the wrong player or I need to see more film. He looks weak at the point of attack. 208 seems extremely generous given that he is extremely lanky and doesn't have a lot of meat on his bones. I like him as a player just don't know if I buy him as a great fit. I'll have to watch more film on him.
You are right to an extent.. by no means is he a press corner that is going to come up and jam WRs on every play, but he will hand fight a bit and try to re-route them. He also will fight for position with the ball in the air.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZszReqQELY

Here is a highlight clip of Ohio State's 06 defense look for #2
Old 09-13-2007, 04:26 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the McFadden Bandwagon because, well, he's a badass. But, I will probably get off soon. If we'll draft McFadden I won't be dissapointed, but I think we should go CB/WR/NT in the first round (in that order, because we still don't know if a legit NT prospect will rise the board), and then go after Ray Rice, Felix Jones or Jamaal Charles in the later rounds. There are many intersting WR prospects next year, we'll have to consider the value of the pick. There will be a legit top-10 CB pick in next year's draft? We'll see.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not the biggest Okam fan, but if we came away with Jackson, Felix Jones and could get Okam in the second, I would say the draft would be cause for a lot of excitement.

Throw in a corner or two, and I would buy season tickets.

I am on the record with this, I am developing a crush on Jackson and Felix Jones. I think Jones is really underrated, but by draft time he wont be.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Felix Jones is overrated. Everyone is bringing him up, calling him "the sleeper behind McFadden that nobody knows about", when in actuality the opposite is happening and everyone is saying that. I don't like his running style. Too upright, not very shifty... north/south runner with good speed, but I want more. Ray Rice is the guy I like.

fryman,
What makes you think Dre Moore is turning the corner? He had 1 tackle last week.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit-

I would agree he runs upright, and he isn't the shiftiest (is that a word) guy in the world. I am attracted to his vision. He seems to find holes, and is gone when he does.

And with Jackson, I am not as convinced as some that he is fast. A lot of people were comparing him to Ginn at draft time, and I didnt think it was fair. He doesnt seem near that fast to me. However, his routes are good. He doesnt seem to round his routes off near as much as Ginn does/did.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

I love that Ray Rice is getting alot of love in this forum, but if he is the target RB the boy's will have to take him early. I have seen him play in person 8 times over the last couple of seasons and he is a very special back. He has great vision and explodes through the hole with zero hesitation. Ray has a great first step for a RB lacking top end speed and sheds tackles with ease. Mark him down for another 1,500+ yard, 20TD season. The most special part of RR game is that he pretty much is the Rutgers offense. Teams stack the box, knowing he is going to get the ball and he still manages to break loose. His draft stock is alot like Antoine Cason's; if he runs a decent 40 his stock his going to skyrocket. Either way imo he is a lock for the second round at worst ,depending on which underclassmen declare. If everyone and their mother delcares this year he can simply stay in school and be a consensous 1st rounder in 2009
Old 09-13-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love that Ray Rice is getting alot of love in this forum, but if he is the target RB the boy's will have to take him early. I have seen him play in person 8 times over the last couple of seasons and he is a very special back. He has great vision and explodes through the hole with zero hesitation. Ray has a great first step for a RB lacking top end speed and sheds tackles with ease. Mark him down for another 1,500+ yard, 20TD season. The most special part of RR game is that he pretty much is the Rutgers offense. Teams stack the box, knowing he is going to get the ball and he still manages to break loose. His draft stock is alot like Antoine Cason's; if he runs a decent 40 his stock his going to skyrocket. Either way imo he is a lock for the second round at worst ,depending on which underclassmen declare. If everyone and their mother delcares this year he can simply stay in school and be a consensous 1st rounder in 2009
He sounds like a reach in Round 2, safe in Round 3 and a steal in Round 4. I'd be ok spending a 3rd on him, but that's as high as I'd go.

I only see McFadden and Stewart in Round 1.
In round 2, Slaton, Hart, Choice... I don't see Rice in Round 2... yet.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
fryman,
What makes you think Dre Moore is turning the corner? He had 1 tackle last week.
What I really meant is he is developing very quickly, though I do think he will end up with a pretty respectable year as far as stats go. The guy has VERY good technique for only being in like his 5th or 6th year of football. Plays more of a true NT run-stuffer role from what I have seen, yet still gets push. Tonight will be a good chance to evaluate him more.

Definitely not a guy that would be an immediate solution if we lose Ferguson completely, but I like his potential.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Damn I cant believe they put up 51. I didnt think they would score that much all year

edit: whoops that was supposed to go in the browns pick update

Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual : 09-16-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So most of you know I'm extremely high on Chris Long. However I just can't see us going DE with our first pick. Should digging a bit deeper. I took a look at Kipers latest big board.

I saw Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina.
Defensive Tackle
6' 5" 288 lbs.
Speed: 4.92 (unofficial)

Quote:
Probably one of the most unheralded defensive NFL Prospects in the nation, Kentwan Balmer has been moved permanently inside to defensive tackle for his senior year. After fighting through a high ankle sprain during his junior year Balmer looks ready to have a break out senior campaign and close out the 2007 season as a top flight NFL Draft Prospect.

Balmer finished his junior season (2006) with 16 total tackle (14 solo) 2.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, 2 pass breakups and 1 quarterback hurry. His stats don’t make him sound to impressive, but he wasn’t 100% last year and only started the final eight games. He made his first start against Miami at defensive tackle last year and seemed to really excel on the inside. Balmer has the talent when healthy to make an impact and by all reports heading into the 2007 season he is performing at an elite level.

As a sophomore in 2005 Balmer played in all 11 games and even started at defensive end the final three. Despite limited action he finished with 17 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1 sack and 5 quarterback hurries. In 2004 he was the only true freshman on the roster to see action.

Balmer was a prize recruit coming out of high school, he was a member of the North Carolina Shrine Bowl Team and finished his senior season with 113 tackles, 12 sacks, eight pass breakups and six fumble recoveries. Balmer has the size and ability to play defensive end or tackle and should really shine at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine, that along with a strong senior season could easily propel him into the first three rounds of the 2008 NFL Draft.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
The consensus between everyone here believes that NT, and CB are the two biggest weaknesses of the team. Two of the top three picks should be used on either of the two and the third pick is probably going to be a luxary pick ( RB/WR depending on the value when it is time to select. I took some time to gather up some prospect that imo would be good selections for each of the three top picks.

1st RD Considerations in order of Value

1. Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas (JR)
2. Kenny Phillips FS, Miami (Too much value to pass on)
3. DeSean Jackson WR, Cal (JR)
4. Steve Slaton RB, West Virginia (JR)
5. Antoine Cason CB, Arizona ( must run a good 40 time)
6. Jonathan Stewart RB, Oregon (JR)
7. Malcom Jenkins CB, Ohio State (JR)
8. Aqib Talib CB, Kansas (JR RS)
9. Frank Okam DT, Texas
10. Zack Bowman CB, Nebraska (INJ)
11. Terrell Thomas CB, USC (INJ)
Was just wondering why you have Okam listed in the top 10 and not Glenn Dorsey who most consider the best DT in the upcoming draft.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm sure it's because Okam has the frame to be a successful NT. Where as Dorsey looks to be more of a swing NT/DE guy in our scheme.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-20-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We here it is my latest draft thoughts.

Desean Jackson is going to whoop up on Cason this weekend and shows us all why he is a lock for a top 5 pick.

We need DL talent...why not bring in a DT/DE hybrid. Langford is a guy who I have pegged for the mid first day...however he is going to put up some great numbers this offseason. If we finish in that 20's range he should be right where we want him. He would fit great in a one gap scheme.

Well our biggest need still isn't addressed. Zack Bowman although isn't ranking high now...he is the guy people have forgotten about. If he shows he is back in tip top shape this offseason he will carry a mid first day grade. He almost declared last year but only got a 2nd-3rd round grade from the committee....look for him to have above average workouts and be in the 2nd round range. He will drop due to being a JUCO transfer and because of back to back knee injuries. But if he checks out healthy...no doubt about it we get a steal here.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, here's my current Cowboys mock. It's a wierd one, so brace yourself.

1a. Early Doucet, WR, LSU
1b. Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
2. B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
3. Craig Steltz, S, LSU
4. Justin Forsett, RB, Cal
5. Matt Flynn, QB, LSU
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Demetrius Bell, OT, Northwestern St. (LA)

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Okay, here's my current Cowboys mock. It's a wierd one, so brace yourself.

1a. Early Doucet, WR, LSU
1b. Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
2. B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
3. Craig Steltz, S, LSU
4. Justin Forsett, RB, Cal
5. Matt Flynn, QB, LSU
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Demetrius Bell, OT, Northwestern St. (LA)
im sure the browns pick u guys received in the brady quinn trade will give u guys a chance to pick higher and take someone like desean jackson rather than early doucet
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We here it is my latest draft thoughts.

Desean Jackson is going to whoop up on Cason this weekend and shows us all why he is a lock for a top 5 pick.

We need DL talent...why not bring in a DT/DE hybrid. Langford is a guy who I have pegged for the mid first day...however he is going to put up some great numbers this offseason. If we finish in that 20's range he should be right where we want him. He would fit great in a one gap scheme.

Well our biggest need still isn't addressed. Zack Bowman although isn't ranking high now...he is the guy people have forgotten about. If he shows he is back in tip top shape this offseason he will carry a mid first day grade. He almost declared last year but only got a 2nd-3rd round grade from the committee....look for him to have above average workouts and be in the 2nd round range. He will drop due to being a JUCO transfer and because of back to back knee injuries. But if he checks out healthy...no doubt about it we get a steal here.
Welp dat Jacks vs. Cason match up was abit underwhelming. It's seems they weren't even matched up agianst each other most of the time. Desean had 3 rec for 23 yds, while Cason had a pick. Kinda disappointed they go each other more.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote