Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
No way Sweed is as good as Jarrett? are you serious? one of the knocks of Jarrett was he breakaway speed and Sweed is ALOT faster then Jarrett is, he never ran away from defenders on the deep ball the way sweed does, i can guarantee Sweed is a mid 4.4 guy at the combine, if jarrett was that fast he would of went 1st rd...every other category, you can basically look at someone like sidney rice, except Sweed has more experience, production, and overall talent then either of the two...

Do I think he will be drafted before Doucet? No. but he's alot better of a prospect then Jarrett will be, and how many people could say with a straight face Crag Davis would be drafted a whole rd ahead of Jarrett before the season started
If sweed runs anything less than a 4.48 I'll be highly impressed. I'll bet you texas homer.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think that if the Browns pick is 3-6 the cowboys will take Jake Long to replace Flozell Adams? He seems like a dallas lineman to me
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Anyone else think that if the Browns pick is 3-6 the cowboys will take Jake Long to replace Flozell Adams? He seems like a dallas lineman to me
I wouldn't be surprised, the only thing is that they took 2 lineman(Marten and Free) in last year's draft. I would think it was a good move though.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point i doubt they pick an LT prospect early. Jerry would love to have a steal of an LT in Free, and will probably give Free the opportunity to become that first.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its possible justin king or malcolm jenkins really looks great at the combine and we take one with out first pick....

although i dont doubt that we dont try to trade down, lets say we get the 4th pick, i could see us trading down to get the 10th pick and gaining an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick in the process while we still get the highest prospect at a position of need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
its possible justin king or malcolm jenkins really looks great at the combine and we take one with out first pick....

although i dont doubt that we dont try to trade down, lets say we get the 4th pick, i could see us trading down to get the 10th pick and gaining an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick in the process while we still get the highest prospect at a position of need
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. If some of the Elite Top Tier prospects are gone at that point(D-Mac, Long, ...pretty much it for me) I would be totally down with trading down.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
And were 3-0 and are the highest scoring team in the league. Your team of comparrison is 1-2 So.......
Ok, you win. Andy Reid and Philly mgmt is inferior to Jerrah.

Jerrah needs yes men to make him feel bettah. You should go apply for a QC job like Wade Phillips kid.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. If some of the Elite Top Tier prospects are gone at that point(D-Mac, Long, ...pretty much it for me) I would be totally down with trading down.
Ditto on that idea. Said earlier, other than DMac, Phillips or Long -- trade out.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
At this point i doubt they pick an LT prospect early. Jerry would love to have a steal of an LT in Free, and will probably give Free the opportunity to become that first.
Well if given a choice between high certainty (Long) and low certainty (Free) for the LT position on a right handed team ...... take certainty I say.

But not knowing what Free is yet ......... always great to "steal one" in the fourth.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If sweed runs anything less than a 4.48 I'll be highly impressed. I'll bet you texas homer.
I probably qualify as a Texas homer, and I wouldn't take Sweed in the first round. The only WR I want is Jackson.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Well if given a choice between high certainty (Long) and low certainty (Free) for the LT position on a right handed team ...... take certainty I say.

But not knowing what Free is yet ......... always great to "steal one" in the fourth.
I agree, but then again I don't have to make any financial decisions to say that.

My opinion is to take a corner if any reach that range, which it doesn't look like, or trade down.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as MBIII has been, I still think we will do anything to get Mcfadden. If we have to package our first pick and a 2nd...I think we'll do it. We dont have many needs and if we have the option to grab a for sure super star...I think we'll take it. Not to mention the Arkansas connection w/ JJ. We then could use that 2nd 1st on a CB...that would be my ideal draft and at this point...I find that the most likely scenario.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-25-2007 at 09:54 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As good as MBIII has been, I still think we will do anything to get Mcfadden. If we have to package our first pick and a 2nd...I think we'll do it. We dont have many needs and if we have the option to grab a for sure super star...I think we'll take it. Not to mention the Arkansas connection w/ JJ. We then could use that 2nd 1st on a CB...that would be my ideal draft and at this point...I find that the most likely scenario.
wow, i highly doubt we package trades to get a RB whoever it is, especially with how good barber has played...i think we go CB and D line first two picks, then see if slaton falls to the 2nd, or another speed back and rotate those, i think our offense is just as good that way then with mcfadden/barber and if we lose a pick, its almost not worth getting the browns pick, i want all the early picks we can get...

d line/cb/safety/o line/wr

we could go alot of ways, id rather take more picks then package some for a rb which isnt a need more then it is a pretty pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wow, i highly doubt we package trades to get a RB whoever it is, especially with how good barber has played...i think we go CB and D line first two picks, then see if slaton falls to the 2nd, or another speed back and rotate those, i think our offense is just as good that way then with mcfadden/barber and if we lose a pick, its almost not worth getting the browns pick, i want all the early picks we can get...

d line/cb/safety/o line/wr

we could go alot of ways, id rather take more picks then package some for a rb which isnt a need more then it is a pretty pick
Slaton wont be available in the 2nd. Given his production and how he will test out at the combine, there is just no way...I dont see it. Actually, w/ out the Browns pick there would be no way to go up and get Mcfadden...w/ out it we wouldn't have enough to have the ability to move up and get him. I dont see LT...Free is the man, we'll probably go for depth in the later rounds...As for S, Hamlin is working out well thus far wouldnt be surprised to see him return or if we go a different route...Watkins can be the guy, he has looked much improved and def. has the skill set to start...he just needed some seasoning imo. WR, I dont see it either. Coaches seem to love the young guys (Hurd, Isiah, and Miles) and we do have Terry under contract for a while and T.O., I dont see him going anywhere any time soon...except to the bank when we re-sign him. There arent many fits for say a DE in the first, unless you count Langford...who is basically already on our team. (Jason Hatcher) JJ wanted AD last season...a sure super star RB...I think he wants Mcfadden and I think he'll do what it takes to get him. He's not gonna miss out twice, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-25-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I probably qualify as a Texas homer, and I wouldn't take Sweed in the first round. The only WR I want is Jackson.
I'm an Oklahoma homer and I would take Malcom Kelly in the 1st. BTW were going to wax you guys in a couple of weeks.:)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I'm an Oklahoma homer and I would take Malcom Kelly in the 1st. BTW were going to wax you guys in a couple of weeks.:)
Kelly and that Tall TE will play on Sunday. No doubt.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Sadly, I can't argue that point much, since I'm afraid you will too. :( Oh well, there's always next year. But if you beat Texas you damned well better annhilate the Aggies!
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

According to the draft value chart, we'd have to give up a lot more than just a 1st and a 2nd (especially if that is a late 2) to move up to where McFadden would likely be picked (Top 3; more than likely #1) if we are out of that range. Giving up both 1s would be more likely.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I'm really starting to hate the McFadden talk. I think it's ridiculous. Our offense isn't anywhere near the problem. I'd rather resign Julius for cheap than overspend and waste the resources on DMAC. The defense on the other hand needs a boost. Our pass rush is still a problem. I think many fans are ignoring it or not aware of it because we keep winning. As soon as we lose a game, you're gonna see uncles and brothers come out of the woodwork crying about how crappy our defense is. Our secondary is still soft. Our ILBs are just adequate and our OLBs are still developing. Spending a first pick (and more) to get a RB... I don't care how good he is, the marginal return is not worth the investment. Seems like I'm the only one with this mindset.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
At this point, I'm really starting to hate the McFadden talk. I think it's ridiculous. Our offense isn't anywhere near the problem. I'd rather resign Julius for cheap than overspend and waste the resources on DMAC. The defense on the other hand needs a boost. Our pass rush is still a problem. I think many fans are ignoring it or not aware of it because we keep winning. As soon as we lose a game, you're gonna see uncles and brothers come out of the woodwork crying about how crappy our defense is. Our secondary is still soft. Our ILBs are just adequate and our OLBs are still developing. Spending a first pick (and more) to get a RB... I don't care how good he is, the marginal return is not worth the investment. Seems like I'm the only one with this mindset.
Winner. The problem isn't the LBs, in my opinion. It's the line. Canty and Spears are blowing it, and Fergie went down without a true backup. If Canty and Spears were doing their jobs, you had better believe our LBs would be running wild all over the field. That said, since there likely won't be a D-lineman worth that pick with the Browns choice, we should address the secondary or trade down. With our actual selection I could definitely see us taking a DE, RB, or OT.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Winner. The problem isn't the LBs, in my opinion. It's the line. Canty and Spears are blowing it, and Fergie went down without a true backup. If Canty and Spears were doing their jobs, you had better believe our LBs would be running wild all over the field. That said, since there likely won't be a D-lineman worth that pick with the Browns choice, we should address the secondary or trade down. With our actual selection I could definitely see us taking a DE, RB, or OT.
Wow, I can't believe I forgot to mention how bad our DL is. I've been saying they're the weakest unit on the team since the offseason. Good point.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Things arent looking too good for us financially. We have to re-sign our QB, MBIII, and sign two first rounders and a bunch of other picks. Then there's T-New and T.O. not too far down the road.

I say if we have to use a 1st and 2nd or even a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...I'm all for it to get Mcfadden. Money will soon become a problem...the less picks the better, imo. Canty and Spears have not been that bad...they were disruptive in the Miami game and both are great against the run. Canty was in the backfield several times in the Chicago game also.

Mcfadden wouldnt make the most sense but, given JJ's history of not drafting OL in the first and the mini man crush he had on AD last season...I think that's where we go. There's no DE's that fit our scheme at the pick, too high for CB, trading down will result in even more picks...which could be a problem, and I honestly dont think T i s needed.
Perhaps, we start thinking WR considering Glenn's injuries and the possibility of T.O. being too expensive down the road.

Just to be clear...I really like Mcfadden...if we get him, I'll be very happy but, I'm in agreement w/ you guys when you say we dont need him but, knowing Jerry...there is a good possibility, he'll be our guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Things arent looking too good for us financially. We have to re-sign our QB, MBIII, and sign two first rounders and a bunch of other picks. Then there's T-New and T.O. not too far down the road.
I'm pretty sure we have TO for two more seasons after this one, so there's no chance we'll have to re-sign him. T-New is a different story, and that's the one that scares me the most.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'm pretty sure we have TO for two more seasons after this one, so there's no chance we'll have to re-sign him. T-New is a different story, and that's the one that scares me the most.
Both T.O. and Newman are FA's after next season. Given how T.O. has performed and acted here...I think we'll try to bring him back. Things could get real bad for us financially.

I didnt think we'd go WR in this draft but, we might have to.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We're so good at making every thread about the draft, aren't we...

:p