Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eli out 4 weeks?

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http%3...-Story&srvc=sz

Don't know how legit the "inside source" is, but this would really suck for you guys....and for me, as I have him as my starting QB in my most important FFL league.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013266

being discussed everywhere lol.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http%3...-Story&srvc=sz

Don't know how legit the "inside source" is, but this would really suck for you guys....and for me, as I have him as my starting QB in my most important FFL league.
Doubt it.

I think he'll be back for week in Washington.

How do you think he played last night DMW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel bad for you guys... i know what its like losing a qb to injury along with other players... happened to the jets a few years back... im not a giant hater so hopefully you guys can push through it (just not against the jets)
Old 09-12-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Doubt it.

I think he'll be back for week in Washington.

How do you think he played last night DMW?
Lol, I assume you're referring to my past criticisms of him?

Well, to begin with I thought coming into this year 3 things about him:

1) That people do not give him and his team credit for being as explosive as they are. They still have Shockey, Burress, and Toomer, with some young WRs and an Oline that is actually solid aside from the most important position (LT). This seems to be dismissed, but the passing game should not be much worse than in years past, if not better.

2) That he always starts off strong. This is well known.

3) That if he is going to be anything more than JAG at the QB position, then this is the year he has to step it up. For all the harsh (and deserved) criticism that I have given him, I have always qualified it with saying that I eventually thought he would be an upper tier QB, with an outside chance at being elite. So, if he's doing it, its gotta be this year.

So he looked solid in the preseason, at least to my eye, and he has a lot of pressure on him to be "the guy" this year, because they don't have Tiki to fall back on and their veterans on defense have mostly gone away, leaving a huge gaping hole from a team perspective. Also, without the distractions around to get in the way, and Tiki there to, imo, undermine him and his role as the leader of the team, then I think he is in a position to succeed from a personal standpoint this year.

With all that said, I came into this year thinking that he was a great, not good, but great value in FF. He is a guy that could easily be a top 5-7 QB and he is regularly selected past #12 and as late as #22, even. That's ridiculous.

So, how did he look? To be honest, I was not quite to the level of "stunned", but it was close. Its hard to say, because he played a great game against us in the Meadowlands last year, and was very good (though a little up and down) at Dallas. So it's possible that he is just a guy that comes to play against our team (remember his only truly good game as a rookie was in the final game against us). With that said, he was tremendous. He was right on the money with most of his throws. He made his reads with ease and confidence. He got the ball out quickly and avoided sacks despite the fact that his line was allowing quite a bit of penetration. And, most importantly, he never got down on himself or discouraged when his defense got him in a deep hole.

Very good.

Still, and I'm sure this is obvious, his problems have mainly been ones of consistency, both from play to play and from week to week. But if he can look 75% as good as he looked Sunday night, then I think he will satisfy all but the most lofty expectations for him. That might be enough to get you guys to .500 this year.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote