Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-11-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Giants Week 2 Discussion

allright, it's time.

I'm already excited for the next weekend of football, so it's time to start talking about it.

Really, after a game last week where every possible bounce went the Packer's way, they get to play the Giants without Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs or that tool DE that Giants fans have such a boner for. I'm not trying to sound over confident....but, I am saying that IF the Packers do win on sunday, they will have fallen bass ackwards into a 2-0 start.

also, really, Jared Lorenzen? The Hefty Lefty? The Round Mound of Touchdown? The Chunky from Kentucky? The Pillsbury Throwboy? The giant Giant? The Fat Former Wildcat? can't wait to watch his fat ass.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With no pressure from the edge courtesy of Osi Umenyoira and the lack of offensive firepower, the Giants should pose little worry, but nnetheless we must bring it to them and just bury them alive

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Jenkins & Kampman should bring lots of pressure

D. Diehl Vs C. Jenkins
K. McKenzie Vs A. Kampman

G. Jennings Vs C. Webster
D. Driver Vs R. McQuarters

Madison, Manning, Jacobs, Osi Out its should be fun
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Jenkins & Kampman should bring lots of pressure

D. Diehl Vs C. Jenkins
K. McKenzie Vs A. Kampman

G. Jennings Vs C. Webster
D. Driver Vs R. McQuarters

Madison, Manning, Jacobs, Osi Out its should be fun
Ware couldn't get much pressure on Diehl so I doubt Jenkins will fare better. Also don't assume Madison and Manning are out.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Ware couldn't get much pressure on Diehl so I doubt Jenkins will fare better. Also don't assume Madison and Manning are out.
manning gotta be out he disloacted his shoulder

no one can come back from that in a week

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

and he giving the giants fans hope
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter where this is played, it could and likely will be ugly for the Giants.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
manning gotta be out he disloacted his shoulder

no one can come back from that in a week

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

and he giving the giants fans hope
Manning did not dislocate his shoulder.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Manning did not dislocate his shoulder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder and is expected to miss at least the next two games.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder and is expected to miss at least the next two games.
Schefter is wrong. I trust Eli himself more than Schefter and he said it isn't seperated.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Schefter is wrong. I trust Eli himself more than Schefter and he said it isn't seperated.
you sure he's not just trying to play it down

also espn is saying it not just Schefter, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013266
Old 09-11-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
you sure he's not just trying to play it down

also espn is saying it not just Schefter, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013266
I trust the local beat writers who are with the team day in and day out and have actual contacts within the team. They say there is a chance he misses the game but if he does it would only be one game. They are also saying he is more likely to play on Sunday than miss multiple games.

Either way the Packers should be preparing like Eli is the starter regardless.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I trust the local beat writers who are with the team day in and day out and have actual contacts within the team. They say there is a chance he misses the game but if he does it would only be one game. They are also saying he is more likely to play on Sunday than miss multiple games.

Either way the Packers should be preparing like Eli is the starter regardless.
i think i would something else if he doesnt play the next 3 weeks and i was right :)
Old 09-11-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, i hope Eli misses this game and then returns. i have plaxico on my fantasy team and i don't want to be without his 3 TDs and 144 yards every week.

also, i'm REALLY excited to watch a 300 pound QB.

also, whatever happens when the dust clears on this Eli thing, somebody is gonna have some 'splaining to do. where the hell would ESPN and NFL.com get the info that Eli seperated his shoulder if it wasn't true? and if it IS true, then Eli and the Giants are blatently lying about an injury. one way or another, it's been a fishy situation.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we should be considering this such an easy win. Because while the Giants have a lot of people who aren't able to play, they are still a decent team. And if there's anything the Packers are good at, its losing to mediocre teams.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warning: If the Packers lose to Jared Lorenzen, I will make fun of them for a very...very long time.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Warning: If the Packers lose to Jared Lorenzen, I will make fun of them for a very...very long time.
hah, i'm glad you said that because now karma is gonna make the bears lose to damon huard and quiefs.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saying, MANY people said the giants were gonna get destroyed by Dallas, and that was a close game.

no offense, but you guys did not look too good on O against the iggles. The giants should be looking for pass most of the time. Eli isnt OUT like many have stated, and very well may play.

just dont get your hopes up, and dont feel like the giants are just going to roll over and be an easy win...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
just saying, MANY people said the giants were gonna get destroyed by Dallas, and that was a close game.

no offense, but you guys did not look too good on O against the iggles. The giants should be looking for pass most of the time. Eli isnt OUT like many have stated, and very well may play.

just dont get your hopes up, and dont feel like the giants are just going to roll over and be an easy win...
yeah, i'm really not thinking that way at all. the packers seem to allow themselves one embarrassing loss per year. i'm not saying the packers will win. i AM saying that i'd be embarrassed if they lost.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
hah, i'm glad you said that because now karma is gonna make the bears lose to damon huard and quiefs.
Karma eh? You want some Sun Chips to go with that peace pipe hippie?

Trust me, if we lose to the Chiefs I'll be too busy beating myself in the face with a shovel to see what anyone else has to say about it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Should be a good performance by the Pack with Jacobs, Osi, and possibly Eli out.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming Eli doesn't play, we should win this one. Our defense should be able to easily stop the Giants without their starting QB or RB. We looked pretty bad last week on offense, but the addition of Jennings and Morency should really help us. I can't wait for this game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So your calling the Eagles defense weak? lol. If Eli does play he will be feeling the effect of what ever is going on with his arm during the game and lets face it Eli can not scramble so we should get to him, I except a lot of blitzing form us and lets face it you guys didn't do well vs the Dallas blitz.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt face too well agaisnt the Dallas blitz? one sack allowed all game with Ware matched up against the Giants "weak spot" on OL Diehl? Derrick Ward running well agaisnt them? not to mention Eli's HUGE game. yea, that cowboy blitz really killed us...

also, who's going to cover shockey? just curious on who normally covers the TE for you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The giants will be facing a much better defense in green bay's. McNabb was only sacked once but...
A-Philly has a better Oline than NY
B-We were in his face all day

Also I dont think Lorenzen is all that great a scrambler
Plaxico will face much tougher CB's in Al and Charles (Anthony Henry isnt on either's level)
And Collins and Bigby are better at coverage than Roy is. Not sure on Hamlin, but he cant be that good.

On Defense I dont think the G-Men matchup well if Greg Jennings and Vernand Morency are back. Morency will keep the load of off Jackson and is more of a power back. Jennings will allow DD to not have to face single coverage.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
also, who's going to cover shockey? just curious on who normally covers the TE for you guys.

Should be a fun match-up (Shockey-Hawk) to watch.

* it's either Hawk or Brady Poppinga, but I'm guessing Hawk and his speed will be lined up against Shockey.