Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-11-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lorenzen most likely wont play. Eli isnt out a month, he's day to day. And you guys had almost no ground game against Philly. They have better run D than us, but you guys could barely move the ball.

i admit, I'm afraid of Driver and Jennings, but i still think that neither of your safeties can cover Shockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post

Should be a fun match-up (Shockey-Hawk) to watch.
Brady Poppinga usually covers the TE for you guys.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post

Should be a fun match-up (Shockey-Hawk) to watch.
yes very fun indeed. the battle of guys with long flowing blonde hair lol

im not sure how much he'll be on shockey, dont know you're D gameplan, but i think when shockey's on safeties, he should win that matchup.

shockey v hawk will be interesting and no doubt physical
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
lorenzen most likely wont play. Eli isnt out a month, he's day to day. And you guys had almost no ground game against Philly. They have better run D than us, but you guys could barely move the ball.

i admit, I'm afraid of Driver and Jennings, but i still think that neither of your safeties can cover Shockey.
Like i said earlier, we had Morency injured. He will definitly help. Unless he is in pain, which is possible

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes very fun indeed. the battle of guys with long flowing blonde hair lol

im not sure how much he'll be on shockey, dont know you're D gameplan, but i think when shockey's on safeties, he should win that matchup.

shockey v hawk will be interesting and no doubt physical
This should be Nick Collins breakout year, if he lives up to his potential then he should keep shockey in check. Also Barnett is a good cover LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
yeah it should be him, he is the SLB which is unfortunate cuz he sucks at coverage

Last edited by neko4 : 09-11-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Giants are weak and with all the injuries with or without Manning there weaker and I expect the Packers to win by atleast 7 easily probably alot more.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just saying, MANY people said the giants were gonna get destroyed by Dallas, and that was a close game.

no offense, but you guys did not look too good on O against the iggles. The giants should be looking for pass most of the time. Eli isnt OUT like many have stated, and very well may play.

just dont get your hopes up, and dont feel like the giants are just going to roll over and be an easy win...
I expected it to be an easy win before any of those guys got hurt. If we lost with them in I'd be dissapointed. If we lose with them not playing I might shoot myself. Well ok, I'm not going to go that far but I will go crazy, I'll even wear a Giants sig for a month if we lose.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I realized right after I posted that Brady has the unfortunate duty of covering the TEs. He can jam alright, but he can't run with them. AJ is normally on the RB.

I do know, however, that I have seen AJ in man coverage with a TE in the past. He got an INT vs. the 49ers last year in coverage against Vernon Davis. ***I just watched the highlight tape and the Pack was in the dime package with one LB. There goes my wishful thinking...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
yeah it should be him, he is the SLB which is unfortunate cuz he sucks at coverage
He's not that bad. He was absolutely terrible week one vs the Bears last year, but he has improved a lot. Covering top TEs like Shockey and Gates later in the year I'm sure he'll struggle with, but he does a decent job against most. I would expect us to give him help in those weeks though, and putting Hawk on them could even be a possibility.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

the giants will, for right now, be without only Jacobs. Osi, Eli and Madison are up in the air, with Eli more towards probable. i think the giants have more talent than green bay. no offense, but again, your O didnt look good against Philly. granted, you were without jennings and morency, but i still dont understand how the majority of you think this will be an easy win for you. the giants were supposed to get killed by dallas, yet lost by only 10 in a close game...
Quote:
Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Matchup (This was made when Eli was going to be out and assumes Morency and Jennings will be back)
QB-GB
RB-GB(if morency is back)
WR-Tie
TE-NYG
OL-Tie(Based on last week, we looked pretty bad)

DL-GB
LB-GB
DB-GB

Yalls offense may be better than ours but not by much.

On defense we have on of the strongest DT rotations in the league (Pickett,Cole,Williams,Jolly and on some ocasions Jenkins)

At DE we have Kampman who as of right now is better than Strahan and Osi. Then we have Jenkins and KGB switching in at DE. BTW if you saw the packer game you wouldve noticed the line play better as the game went on. At LB, Hawk and Barnett could make the pro bowl any given year. Poppinga is an average starter. At CB Al Harris and Charles Woodson have ability that falls in between Henry's and Newman's ability. In other words Eli or the Hefty Lefty will be facing two solid #1 CB's. Not a shaky #1 like Henry. At S the potential is there. Collins has showed it and Bigby worked hard thi offseason to gain the starting job.

Last edited by neko4 : 09-11-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the giants will, for right now, be without only Jacobs. Osi, Eli and Madison are up in the air, with Eli more towards probable. i think the giants have more talent than green bay. no offense, but again, your O didnt look good against Philly. granted, you were without jennings and morency, but i still dont understand how the majority of you think this will be an easy win for you. the giants were supposed to get killed by dallas, yet lost by only 10 in a close game...
Philadelphia has a good front seven and when Favre doesn't have his second favorite target it's tough to have a successful passing game against them

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it interesting that the Giants are saying Eli could play, while other reports are that he's out for at least the next few games.

From NFL.com

Quote:
Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

The Giants, however, would not confirm the shoulder separation. Manning called his injury a bruised shoulder. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said it was sprained. The Giants public relations staff labeled it a bruised acromioclavicular (AC) joint.

Coughlin said in his Monday press conference that Manning is day-to-day.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously, i will murderdeathkill the next person to say this game will be an easy win. y'all are effing up the chi.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

If Manning plays this week and reinjures his shoulder it could be devastating IMO

Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Things im looking for is Jenning to come back healty

offensive line to open up some holes so Jackson can run thru early to get him pump up

looking for a good run game so Favre can use play action

looking for nick collins not to drop any easy pick lol :)

hoping Morency to come back to give Jackson so rest
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so depressed the Packers don't get to destroy Mannings' ******** sissy face. I'd love to see him looking like a little slow boy who just dumped his drawers without a diaper for the first time after Kampman sacked his ass. Oh, how I dislike the Mannings.

EDIT: My prayers may be answered... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...this_week.html

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-12-2007 at 05:12 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Far less people are calling it an easy win then it's being made out to be. If they don't specifically say it then they're saying the Packers SHOULD win this game. And that's the position I take.

I expect AJ Hawk to be a huge key to this game. Especially if the Giants backfield is depleted he will blitz heavily, he's the best blitzer we have. I think all three linebackers will be getting shots at Shockey and probably whoever does best will finish the game covering him.

The thing with Hawk and Barnett is they're too good as all around players to have one of them covering Shockey the whole game. Whereas Brady Poppinga is a solid all around player and much improved in coverage but not as much of a key player as the other two so they are put in more positions to make plays.

Shockey will definitely be the key on the Giants offense and if we have Morency and Jennings back we SHOULD score 20 points at the very least.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although Manning is reportedly taking snaps in practice I find it hard to believe that the Giants would risk the future of their franchise on a game in Week 2; if he's not 100%, or darn near, it would be stupid for the Giants to risk his health for one game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone else watch the game between the Giants and Cowboys on sunday night? everytime they showed Eli he was walking around with his mouth open and the dumbest look on his face, for whatever reason it really annoyed me.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
did anyone else watch the game between the Giants and Cowboys on sunday night? everytime they showed Eli he was walking around with his mouth open and the dumbest look on his face, for whatever reason it really annoyed me.
You mean this look

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

It's like you two were setting that up :)
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I haven't seen this kind of confidence from Packers fans since cheese heads went on sale at Lambeau Field.

Heh, seriously though. Hasn't anyone ever learned that there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL? Apparently not.

If Eli doesn't start, I don't think that's game over for us. Granted, I'd be a lot more confident in our team if he was in the game, as opposed to Jared - but I think our offensive line will give him some time to set up and throw the ball down field.

I think Ward is an overlooked RB, and Droughns had been playing fullback quite effectively. Plus our offensive line is easily one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL.

Either way, despite the experts saying this is an easy win, I suspect it could be pretty competitive.

Best of luck to you guys though.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Yall went up against a depleted Dallas defense, and gave up 40+ points. Our offense isnt as good as Dallas' but yall have no defense.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yall went up against a depleted Dallas defense, and gave up 40+ points. Our offense isnt as good as Dallas' but yall have no defense.
but we were supposed to get demolished by Dallas, and it was one helluva game.

i'm surprised in this confidence, as honestly, at the beginning of the year, i had this game pinned for an "easy" win for us. the injuries complicate it but still...
Quote: