Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use a picture of Bubba Franks as my doormat.

He's definately lost a few steps.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I never said that it wasn't a valuable win, or that the Packers had anything to apologize for, but that doesn't make you better than the Eagles.

1+2 doesn't equal 4. It doesn't have to be one or the other. People at first were all ******** down their legs because you didn't win convincingly, now some of you are acting like you won the Superbowl. It was a good win, it's good for the Packers that they found a way to beat a veteran team, but that doesn't automatically make you better than the Eagles.
A case could definately be made that the packers are better than the eagles, especially since they just beat them. That was the 5th game in a row the packers have won including the beat down they put on the bears. Certain phases of the philly game were better than the packs, but as a whole Green Bay was the better team and the momentum was in in green bays favor in the 4th quarter. Philly may get better as the season goes on, but I think its safe to say the packers will to. Philly was also favored over the pack because they beat them like the last 5 times in a row, but they were all at philly. In green bay, it was a different story. Still it will take till mid season for it to become more clear who the better teams are in the league.

Last edited by Football Fan : 09-13-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Valid points, the other thing I have a problem with is when you say "now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. " Hawk is good in coverage, and while I haven't seen much of Mitchell I'm pretty sure he's no Urlacher. I wouldn't say Mitchell has better coverage to begin with, but certainly not "WAY" better.
i admit, i dont see much of Hawk at all. I was basing it off Mitchel being a cover LB with good hands, reads and more vet experience. Hawk is a GREAT LB, but i see him more off a smash mouth in your face hard hitting run stuffing LB. i take back the way, as i dont know much of Hawk's cover skills. my mistake if he is a good cover LB(or not horrid)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morency will be out again this week.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, seriously. last weak the Packers played like poop. luckily, the Eagles played like stinky, post drinking binge mexican poop. Packers won a hard fought game where they coulda very easily folded when they lost the lead. it was a good win, and i'm glad to have it.

NOW, the Giants are banged up. and we have a favorable matchup. i'd love to see a win here, because a 2-0 start would be great for a team that is a notoriously slow starter. but, the Packers aren't world beaters yet. we need A LOT of work on offense or we're going to HAVE TO rely on teams handing us games in order to gain some wins.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Morency will be out again this week.
Thats kinda unfortunate but I would prefer that they wait until he's a definite 100%

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Thats kinda unfortunate but I would prefer that they wait until he's a definite 100%
as do i we dont want to take any risk to lose him, that would be to huge of a lost
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

What about Jennings?
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
What about Jennings?
Game Time Decision But Still Doubtful
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli practiced and threw for the first time today in the individual portion of practice open to the media.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Game Time Decision But Still Doubtful
If Jennings plays, it will change our passing game drastically. James Jones will be more comfortable as a 3rd receiver, it will be a tough unit to stop. Come to think of it, they havent been togheter yet.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Eli practiced and threw for the first time today in the individual portion of practice open to the media.
any new on Madison

Last edited by The Legend : 09-14-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hmm but im guessing hes still a Game Time Decision
any new on Madison
Madison is playing. He was active and in pads for last weeks game. Just didn't get in. He probably could have played last week if he was forced to but they wanted to wait an extra week.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Madison is playing. He was active and in pads for last weeks game. Just didn't get in. He probably could have played last week if he was forced to but they wanted to wait an extra week.
hmm i was looking on google news and it wrote many times

Madison
Strahan
Osi
Manning

all GTD
Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
hmm i was looking on google news and it wrote many times

Madison
Strahan
Osi
Manning

all GTD
I dunno why Strahan would be a game time decision? He isn't injured. That might be from last week when they weren't sure after only reporting 4 days earlier if he would play, and he did. I would guess Osi isn't playing and is out although he did do individual practices today.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dunno why Strahan would be a game time decision? He isn't injured. That might be from last week when they weren't sure after only reporting 4 days earlier if he would play, and he did. I would guess Osi isn't playing and is out although he did do individual practices today.
opps my bad i check again yeah it was vs cowboys for strahan
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
opps my bad i check again yeah it was vs cowboys for strahan
Madison might have been for against the Cowboys as well.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Madison might have been for against the Cowboys as well.
just wondeirng dose Madison play left or right?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
just wondeirng dose Madison play left or right?
He generally plays right. But I dunno what he is doing this week. Because it used to be him and McQuarters starting. McQ on the left. But he was benched and Webster will be starting now. So I dunno what they are gonna do.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Madison played against Dallas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Madison played against Dallas.
How much though? He was definitely serverely limited in the snaps he could play. He couldn't have played more than 10 snaps.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Jennings (hamstring) and Vernand Morency (knee) both sat out the media portion of practice Friday and appear unlikely to dress Sunday.

Jennings did minimal work on Friday while Morency was completely absent. James Jones is set to make his second consecutive start for Green Bay, and has a favorable matchup against the Giants. Brandon Jackson gets another opportunity to prove himself as an every-down back with Morency sidelined. Sep. 14 - 1:55 pm et

Eli Manning (shoulder) and Osi Umenyiora (knee) returned to practice Friday.

Manning threw about 15 passes during the media portion of the workout. Umenyiora took part in individual drills. They will be game-time decisions Sunday against Green Bay, though Manning should still be seen as highly unlikely to play. Its uncertain if he'll take part in team drills or how close he really is to playing

By the way...enough with the "beatdown" you put on us last year. You beat our 2nd teamers, we were resting for the playoffs. If you beat us this year, great, brag about it. But constantly bringing up the fact that you beat us in a throwaway game just makes you look pathetic.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning (shoulder) took part in about half the first-team snaps during the non-media portion of Giants practice Friday.

The New York Daily News now believes Manning has a good chance to start Sunday, although coach Tom Coughlin would only confirm Eli as being a game-time decision. We'd still avoid Manning against a tough Packers defense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Eli Manning (shoulder) took part in about half the first-team snaps during the non-media portion of Giants practice Friday.

The New York Daily News now believes Manning has a good chance to start Sunday, although coach Tom Coughlin would only confirm Eli as being a game-time decision. We'd still avoid Manning against a tough Packers defense.
One of the papers, either Post or Daily news, quoted an "unamed player" as to saying Eli was letting loose 50 yard bombs in the portion of practice yesterday that the media can't see. I dunno whether I believe that.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/