Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-16-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, I could come on here and ***** about how bad the giants were and how we should've won and how bad the refs were(god the refs were awful), but I'm not.

congrats on the win, you tore our sh!tty secondary to shreads like you were supposed to. You outplayed us big time. good luck on the rest of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offense looked a lot better this week. Wynn really surprised me.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
they looked good, but no offense, it was against our D. Wynn looked ok. once he got to the 2nd level, forget about it, he was gone. Mitchell couldnt cover Bubba Franks, are you serious? driver just continues to go up and up among WR's in my mind. even against sh!tty CB's, they guy gets open and makes plays
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Yeah, I'm beginning to fully understand why he made the roster. Even if his preseason was sort of incomplete, he still is making a lasting effect on this offense. Arguably more than Brandon Jackson.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Yeah, I'm beginning to fully understand why he made the roster. Even if his preseason was sort of incomplete, he still is making a lasting effect on this offense. Arguably more than Brandon Jackson.

if VM cant play next week i say we give Wynn more handoffs to see what he can do
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk
Would you like to rethink that one?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well, I could come on here and ***** about how bad the giants were and how we should've won and how bad the refs were(god the refs were awful), but I'm not.

congrats on the win, you tore our sh!tty secondary to shreads like you were supposed to. You outplayed us big time. good luck on the rest of the season.
There were a few stupid calls. I dont think it wouldve changed the end result, because favre was on fire in the 2nd half. Anyway, Eli played great, we were finally able to rattle him in the 4th thanks to a good DL rotation, but overall Eli played great

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
i think he should rethink that and if he doesnt come back with a diffrent awnser

he should check him self into a mental institute
Old 09-16-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game by the Packers. Really impressed by the performances of some of the people in the supposed weak spots of the Packers. More specificaly Atari Bigby, Deshawn Wynn, James Jones, both TE's, and whoever was covering Jeremy Shockey.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
There were a few stupid calls. I dont think it wouldve changed the end result, because favre was on fire in the 2nd half. Anyway, Eli played great, we were finally able to rattle him in the 4th thanks to a good DL rotation, but overall Eli played great
Favre played great, Manning on the other hand played good (for the 1st 2 quarters.)

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Favre played great, Manning on the other hand played good (for the 1st 2 quarters.)
Yeah, the dline rotation has helped again.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Packers Defence

Packers Top 3 Sack's
Williams 2
Kampman 1
Jenkins 0

Packers Top 3 Tackler's

Barnett 20 (12/8)
Bigby 12 (7/5)
Hawk 9 (8/1)

Packers Top 3 Interception's

Barnett 1
Williams 1
Woodson 0
Old 09-16-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Packers-Giants Report Card

Quarterback: A+
Brett Favre led the team to victory today. He had great poise avoiding sacks and took advantage of some really good protection. The interception came on a pass that Donald Driver couldn't handle, so you really can't fault him there. Hopefully Brett can put up more performances like these.

The Backfield: B-
Deshawn Wynn had two great TDs. He seems like a good fit for this system. Korey Hall caught two big first down passes. Ryan Grant had a very good screen pass that went 21 yards. Only Jackson didn't play well. He needs to learn to cut and GO, which Wynn does. I'm not giving up on him yet, but 17 carries for 35 isn't gonna cut it.

Wide Receivers: B
Donald Driver made some very nice plays, eluding would be tacklers and playing well in space, especially on his TD reception. Jones had a great 46 yard grab for totals of 4 recs and 75 yards. We got no

Tight Ends: A+
Donald Lee and Bubba Franks each had 4 catches and a TD, gaining 35 and 20 yards, respectively. Brett needs some big targets in the redzone, and these two came up big today

Offensive Line: B-
The line did a very good job protecting Favre today. Clifton handled Umenyiora very well, as did Tauscher on Strahan. These are the Ts we're used to seeing. College had a few bad plays, most notably completely missing on Umenyiora on a zone run to the left. Once again, the line struggled to open up running lanes after a fast start.

Defense later.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post

The Backfield: B-
Deshawn Wynn had two great TDs. He seems like a good fit for this system. Korey Hall caught two big first down passes. Ryan Grant had a very good screen pass that went 21 yards. Only Jackson didn't play well. He needs to learn to cut and GO, which Wynn does. I'm not giving up on him yet, but 17 carries for 35 isn't gonna cut it.
i loved wynn today but lets not get carried away here, take away the TD at the end and he has 9 carries for 12 yards. Yeah, Wynn did cut and go but too many times he just went and ran into the back of an o-lineman for a short loss. Also didnt help the couple times a Giants DL was unblocked and took him down for a loss.

Again i think Wynn played great and hope he's still a little rusty and will clean up his running a bit, wait for the lineman to get their blocks and cut behind them instead of running into them, but in the open field on the runs today and some catches both weeks so far he's looked great, but i think he's a good 3rd down back for us this year and have an increased role, but i think Jackson still played decent and should continue to get the bulk of the carries.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
yes, i would. damn, i feel stupid. he's our "cover LB" and he couldn't cover a book. ok, he let witten kill him last week, but Bubba Franks(no offense to him) but jesus, mitchell was awful. i want him benched NOW!!!

again, kudos on a great game
Quote:
Old 09-16-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yes, i would. damn, i feel stupid. he's our "cover LB" and he couldn't cover a book. ok, he let witten kill him last week, but Bubba Franks(no offense to him) but jesus, mitchell was awful. i want him benched NOW!!!

again, kudos on a great game
yeah, bubba and lee arent witten
and i agree about wynn, take away the TD and he's complete crap
but also like i said, our RB's made plays out of the backfield recieving

Old 09-16-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Packers-Giants Report Card

Quarterback: A+++++++++++++++++++++++
Brett Favre led the team to victory today. He had great poise avoiding sacks and took advantage of some really good protection. The interception came on a pass that Donald Driver couldn't handle, so you really can't fault him there. Hopefully Brett can put up more performances like these.

The Backfield: C

Wide Receivers: B
Donald Driver made some very nice plays, eluding would be tacklers and playing well in space, especially on his TD reception. Jones had a great 46 yard grab for totals of 4 recs and 75 yards. We got no

Tight Ends: A+
Donald Lee and Bubba Franks each had 4 catches and a TD, gaining 35 and 20 yards, respectively. Brett needs some big targets in the redzone, and these two came up big today

Offensive Line: B-
The line did a very good job protecting Favre today. Clifton handled Umenyiora very well, as did Tauscher on Strahan. These are the Ts we're used to seeing. College had a few bad plays, most notably completely missing on Umenyiora on a zone run to the left. Once again, the line struggled to open up running lanes after a fast start.

Defense later.
Fixed it for you

Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Brett said, 2-0 a lot better than 0-2. Next week will be a very interesting game with the Chargers. They looked absolutely terrible against the Pats. Randy Moss made me shake my head again that he's not a Packer, but I still think GB will be able to throw on the Chargers. I also don't think the Patriots defense is that much better than the Packers defense. Now, the Chargers could change up a lot of things and might come out and toss up 40+ points, but I loved seeing Brett be patient, avoid individual rushers (like when he pump faked the safety off his feet and tossed the TD to Lee) and take what the defense gave. I loved the game plan implementation in the second half. AND the special teams is a whole lot better than last year. I wasn't sure about Tramon Williams, but he's not the #2 returner in the NFC.

Great team effort and sets the stage for the clash with the Bolts. GO PACK!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
yeah, bubba and lee arent witten
and i agree about wynn, take away the TD and he's complete crap
but also like i said, our RB's made plays out of the backfield recieving
I dont understand your comments about Wynn, you must really hate him. The O-line is not opeing up many holes but Wynn still manages to make the most of it when he has the opportunity. Hes far way better than Jackson as an open field runner and makes things happen. Like ive said earlier during trainning camp, he could be the wild card of the packers draft.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote